PDA

View Full Version : Bf109 overheating problem... :S

EK262_KURTSTUDE
05-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Salute chaps,

Right, I wont be too long with this. - i searched couldnt find nowt.

About 3 of my pilots in my clan appear to have a bug with their Bf109's - Any version of fighter.

The Problem: They start the engine and leave all other controls alone and within 5 to 30 second the engine has burnt out and is unuseable. We have tried to tell them to stick to automatic prop pitch - however they all comment they always use auto prop pitch.

I couldnt find much info anywhere else.

Any ideas chaps - can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Kind regards

Kurt

Korolov1986
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
What version of the 109 are you talking about?

Pollack2006
05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
You don't mention which version of the 109 you are having trouble with but anyway; always throttle back before engaging MW50 boost.

mbfRoy
05-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Maybe you are engaging WEP with the revs being too high?

stansdds
05-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Over revving or lack of air to the radiator. I'm not familiar with the 109 (stop staring at me like I've got two heads or something, ok?), but all piston engined aircraft need cooling. Are they flying with the radiators closed?

DKoor
05-25-2007, 04:36 AM
They use manual pp for sure.
You can't bust 109 engine if you engage MW50 incorrectly so fast as they bust their engines... for 5-30sec.

stathem
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Somebody else had this problem recently, not sure of whether it was resolved. Maybe a search might help, alothough I can't rmember either if it was in here or in GD.

lowfighter
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by stathem:
Somebody else had this problem recently, not sure of whether it was resolved. Maybe a search might help, alothough I can't rmember either if it was in here or in GD.

Yes, I remember that too faintly.
Also notice that if the thread starter is not omitting anything, it can't have anything to do with prop pitch (auto at start by default) MW50 or radiator. It's engine boiling 5s to 30 s after starting the engines according to him...

AKA_TAGERT
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
maybe.. maybe she is running hot because she is climbing 29% better than the real thing?

http://www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1967&sid=230d3250a0ec5e0311d662cef25eb1eb)

Just a thought

lowfighter
05-25-2007, 12:00 PM
A track would be useful, I simply can't imagine the engine damaged in 5 seconds whatever I do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Suppose you fire the throttle and then engage the MW50 as suggested before. After how long do you get engine damage?

DKoor
05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
It's quite possible that they do something like this
http://www.speedyshare.com/528845386.html

lowfighter
05-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:
It's quite possible that they do something like this
http://www.speedyshare.com/528845386.html

Yes but the thread starter mentions that the prop pitch is not the issue because the pilots swear they are on auto. Again to set manual pitch you have to press a key and if we believe the thread starter and his budies, they did nothing except starting the engine (and I suppose increasing power afterwards).
Without a track and with such limited info it's impossible to see if it's a kind of rare bug or a mistake of those 3 pilots. But if it's mistake I don't think there can be something else than prop pitch. I tried while taking off, throttle up to 110%, then engage the MW50 with negative result, no damage within couple of minutes.
But I do remember a similar thread, I tried a search but didn't get it...

EK262_KURTSTUDE
05-26-2007, 01:30 PM
ok, sorry chaps..

I will try again.

As before...

This happens with any version of the 109.

They start the engine... leave all other controls alone - Then the engine burns out!!!

as i tried to comment before they dont touch anything.. i have suggested the radiator.. this doesnt help.

THEY DONT EVEN GET INTO THE AIR!!!
the engine burns out within 5 to 30 seconds regarless of what buttons are pressed etc!

WIERD!!!!!

any luck with a search - i didnt find it

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

salute

Manos1
05-26-2007, 03:28 PM
This is really the strangest story I have ever heard...

How about posting a track ?

~S~

Korolov1986
05-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I tried several ways I knew of to break the engine:

- Manual prop pitch before engine on, then max throttle = engine kaput in less than 5 seconds.

- 110% power then MW50 on, engine dead within 5 minutes.

- Radiator closed, max throttle, engine dead within 10 minutes.

These were the only ways I could deliberately kill my engine.

DKoor
05-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EK262_KURTSTUDE:
This happens with any version of the 109. Say to them:
Got track? Got track? Got track? Got track? Got track?

These issues generally worth 0% since there's no track.
And TBH if they even do not bother to send you or post a track for themselves then they do not even earn the right to get a help.

We went to great lengths here to help any user with any problem, and will continue to do that, but if they have a problem and ask for help but do not want to clarify all things, then sorry but they don't deserve the help.

EK262_KURTSTUDE
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello again chaps... been out of the country for a while.

Found a PC to repost.

I will try to get a track together ASAP.

will post again once i have the track and the FTP site ive uploaded to

Salute for now gents

VW-IceFire
07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by EK262_KURTSTUDE:
Hello again chaps... been out of the country for a while.

Found a PC to repost.

I will try to get a track together ASAP.

will post again once i have the track and the FTP site ive uploaded to

Salute for now gents
Remember...it has to be their track so we can see all of the various messages and cockpit controls.