PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bare bad news about Brotherhood beta but...

Blackglasswar
06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Sony sealed an exclusive content and beta deal...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/3959...d-exclusives-for-PS3 (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39598/SONY-AC-Brotherhood-exclusives-for-PS3)

Woop!

Murcuseo
06-15-2010, 04:40 PM
That doesn't affect me thankfully, theres no way they can release Brotherhood without doing a PC Beta.

There's to many variables for them to just think it will work and leave it at that, I'm confident the PC beta will be announced soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Blackglasswar
06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
would rule out the EXCLUSIVE element if they did

DJBare
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm swearing something awful here!
Thats right, you go right ahead and abandon pc gaming, abandone the thing that allows these games to be created, oh and thank you console users for choosing cheap over quality, there are times when I choose cheap, this is not one of them, be patient, save your money, purchase quality!!

SoullessKassidy
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
DJ in this economy a high tech comp to play video games isnt something that is needed so sorry not everyone has the money to spend, how about you buy us computers?

How do you get in the beta, I need in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DJBare
06-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SoullessKassidy:
DJ in this economy a high tech comp to play video games isnt something that is needed so sorry not everyone has the money to spend, how about you buy us computers?

How do you get in the beta, I need in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif In this economy how about you do what I did, save up!, I'm on minimum wage, that does not mean I settle for second best.

mantledarcanum
06-16-2010, 11:40 PM
If this deal pulls through, then I feel that's a pretty lame move. That was my big deciding factor on wanting to pre-order it (360 only here) too. Getting a poster? Meh. Watching the game's development as it happens? MUCH more interesting and worth my money.

Murcuseo
06-17-2010, 03:08 AM
I have my doubts about how 'exclusive' this deal really is, we all know how loosely Ubisoft tend to use the word...

But, if it is the case I won't get worked up about it. Bigger things in life to get angry about than a beta to be honest!

Engioc
06-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
That doesn't affect me thankfully, theres no way they can release Brotherhood without doing a PC Beta.

There's to many variables for them to just think it will work and leave it at that, I'm confident the PC beta will be announced soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ok I said goodbye prematurely, although I did state I'd still be buying AC BH.

I would agree with you, no way can they release a PC version based on a PS3 beta. If they did it would be another very bad decision cause you can bet it would be buggy as hell.

Azugo
06-17-2010, 06:13 PM
I feel sorry for you 360 and PC users. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

@DJBare: The PS3 and 360 is quality. Very good quality. You have to upgrade your PC every year or every second year if you wanna keep up with the latest games...

But if you have a 360 or PS3, you only have to buy a new console every 4-8 years, because these consoles are always good enough for the latest games, maybe even better.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the PC has better graphics than consoles but ONLY if you upgrade it. And for me, it's just too expensive.

DJBare
06-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Don't get me wrong, I agree that the PC has better graphics than consoles but ONLY if you upgrade it. And for me, it's just too expensive. I cannot afford it either, thats why I save and go out of my way to find bargains, my latest purchase should hold out for at least 2 years, a Directx 11 enabled graphics card, I run at max settings on nearly all my games, the ones that don't do well are bad ports from consoles.
And when they come out with the next generation of console to get the same quality, you are probably going to have to purchase a new television/monitor to support it, you do get what you pay for, until they come out with a console that is capable of at least 1680x1050 at 60fps with quality graphics, consoles will always be mass market cheap n nasty.

Engioc
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
I feel sorry for you 360 and PC users. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

@DJBare: The PS3 and 360 is quality. Very good quality. You have to upgrade your PC every year or every second year if you wanna keep up with the latest games...

But if you have a 360 or PS3, you only have to buy a new console every 4-8 years, because these consoles are always good enough for the latest games, maybe even better.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the PC has better graphics than consoles but ONLY if you upgrade it. And for me, it's just too expensive.

Yes but if your prepared to do a bit of searching around for games you'll find there are still quite a few PC only games which would be very difficult to be done on consoles because of the complexity of the game and controls, eg you dont see any simulators, its just games if you get the difference.

Don't get me wrong, I have a console and enjoy the odd game on it, but the games can often be less mature in terms of gameplay and development. Only the best games make it to PC usually because they realise PC gamers expect more....Add to that my firm opinion that if consoles continue on the current path they will lose many of the things that make them a good/easier option to a PC, by that I mean its now possible for games to be patched allowing companies to do the same slack job they often do with PC knowing it can always be fixed later. Also DRM Ubi style will one day come to consoles, thats the real reason behind giving you and internet connection, don't be fooled in to thinking its all for your benefit. As part of that I also think more and more code will be kept server side leaving hackers less and less to work with in order to crack the game and break DRM. If all that comes true, will it still be worthwhile buying a console over a PC, it would certainly make it a harder choice.

Let's take a look at some of the reason's we choose a console:
1. you can put games in and they just work, no install, no patching...........no longer true, games now do have components they install on the HDD, and do now sometimes require patching, something you can bet will increase

2. I can plug it in to the tv and play games in the lounge instead of tucked away in the room that fits my PC in.........you can still do that with your console, but any 3d video card allows you to connect your PC to a tv as well, so your PC can also be in the lounge and have a big screen tv....I know mine is, gone are the days it had to be stuck away in another room on a 15" monitor or worse still those orange screens (I feel old saying that but I did play games way back then)

3. Copy protection is easier to get around, just get it chipped and you can play all the games you want and not pay.......no longer true, MS and Sony have figured out they should make the hardware smaller leaving no room for extra chips to be added...Internet connections have been added and will allow online DRM systems like Ubi and others are now implementing to be used regardless of platform, their best attempt yet at destroying piracy.

4. I cant think of number 4 and I need to get back to work, so I might come back later if I remember what no.4 was going to be. I think its already clear things are changing for consoles and there is less and less difference between consoles and PC's, and not in a good way.

Azugo
06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes , thankyou. I am aware of how technology is progressing...

I just hate the idea of upgrading something every 2 years or less. And this upgrade is usually a better graphics card, and maybe a new HDD. These things alone are alot of money.

It's potentially $10,000 in 10 years just for upgrading. And bargains, well, you can't always find them.

With consoles, you only have to buy the latest one every 4-8 years, costing less than $1000 each (based on how it is now. Obviously, things will get more expensive).

That's $2000 in a decade. $8000 difference (potentially).

Imagine what you could do with that $8000.

Engioc
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Yes , thankyou. I am aware of how technology is progressing...

I just hate the idea of upgrading something every 2 years or less. And this upgrade is usually a better graphics card, and maybe a new HDD. These things alone are alot of money.

It's potentially $10,000 in 10 years just for upgrading. And bargains, well, you can't always find them.

With consoles, you only have to buy the latest one every 4-8 years, costing less than $1000 each (based on how it is now. Obviously, things will get more expensive).

That's $2000 in a decade. $8000 difference (potentially).

Imagine what you could do with that $8000.

If your spending $1000 per year on PC upgrades your making bad choices, or need to look for a better supplier because I can play all the latest games on my PC without spending anything like that amount of money. Considering I'm in Australia and often the price tag on technology here is much higher than the US I can't believe anyone is spending that amount of money on upgrades and I don't get bargains, just normal cost.

Please note anyone who pays the ridiculous prices of $1000 for a video card that most of that cost is to pay for the supposed freebie games and ****ty software they include. Buy an OEM card and download the drivers which are likely to be more up to date than the ones on the CD/DVD supplied anyway. If you make good choices your video card should last 2-3 years, maybe even 4, also you need to be prepared to lower the graphics settings on newer games during that 3-4 years, you dont have to play on the highest settings to enjoy it.

Azugo
06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes, I'm Australian too.

Also mate, that's why I said *potentially* $10,000 in 10 years.

DJBare
06-18-2010, 02:46 AM
Yes , thankyou. I am aware of how t
Imagine what you could do with that $8000. I can imagine what I would do with $8000, I'd get Alienware pc along with top end graphics cards and the largest pc monitor available, make that three monitors to use with Eyefinity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

tozammail99
06-18-2010, 03:37 AM
I saw a massage failled to connect ubisoft master server blah. blah.why http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

tozammail99
06-18-2010, 03:38 AM
I use drm but i show this massage again please help me.

Murcuseo
06-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by tozammail99:
I use drm but i show this massage again please help me.

Please post in the tech section or use the find function to search for the relevant information.

MostJadedGamer
06-19-2010, 09:26 AM

I guess you don't know what exclusive means. Another arrogant PC gamer in for a big surprise.

MostJadedGamer
06-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
Thats right, you go right ahead and abandon pc gaming, abandone the thing that allows these games to be created, oh and thank you console users for choosing cheap over quality, there are times when I choose cheap, this is not one of them, be patient, save your money, purchase quality!!

PC gaming is DEAD. Publishers, and developers are abandoning it, and moving to consoles where the real money is at.

You can either get over your arrogance, and buy a console or quit gaming. Its your choice.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:

PC gaming is DEAD. Publishers, and developers are abandoning it, and moving to consoles where the real money is at.

You can either get over your arrogance, and buy a console or quit gaming. Its your choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An what about you getting over your arrogance, PC's are not dead and all the best games are still made for PC with more in them, hence the delay. The games that don't get released for PC generally aren't worth playing.

GTA, AC, and a whole host of other games (which I dont play so I wont list) are made for PC as well as consoles. Also there are a good number of PC exclusive games which will never likely see a console, so don't be so ignorant thinking consoles are the only way to go. I would say one of the best things about consoles is they help weed out the crap so PC's just get games worth playing.

Console games cater to people who need their hand held every step of the way and cant cope with games that are too complex or open ended/non linear like simulators which are exclusive to PC's. Not everyone is wood in to buying game simply because of the hype, and hollywood BS found in many games today. To keep this on topic as far as AC goes, one of my criticisms of AC2 is that it was a lot more linear than AC1, gone was the Kingdom which allowed for quite a of more free roaming. AC2 had the mountains which were visited once, maybe twice if you needed to go back to collect chests and climb the one tower. I would prefer AC more if instead of a series of maps strung together it was one large map letting me free roam to anywhere, anytime without waiting for the story to open things up.

One of my biggest dislikes in a GTA game has always been they way they also close off parts of the city, and gradually open things up because they figure the average gamer is too dumb to find their way around if the city is open right from the start.

Murcuseo
06-19-2010, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I guess you don't know what exclusive means. Another arrogant PC gamer in for a big surprise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a big difference between being arrogant and hopeful you moron, you obviously didn't read the whole topic before posting.

Ubisoft use the word exclusive rather loosly sometimes and I'm HOPEFUL that they're not naive enough to release the PC version without a Beta.

Anyway, you can't say that there won't be. Apparently you're just as arrogant as you think I am... not unless you somehow have knowledge that noone else in the community has and seeing as you're a console fanboy I can't imagine you know much about the PC release http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The exclusive may mean exclusive to consoles for all you know, but you obviously didn't think that through. The release date for the PC version is delayed and if it's anything like the ACII delay there's plenty of time to have a beta for the PC version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As I've said before, I hope they do have a PC Beta but if they don't I won't be that hacked off about it... I'll just be disappointed.

Jog on.

BTOG46
06-19-2010, 09:49 AM
@ dennis580

The last thread you tried to start a console vs PC war in ended up locked, please don't try and turn this one into a war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

@ Everyone

Please try to make posts in a reasonable manner, and allow others to express an opinion which may differ from your own.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I guess you don't know what exclusive means. Another arrogant PC gamer in for a big surprise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a big difference between being arrogant and hopeful you moron, you obviously didn't read the whole topic before posting.

Ubisoft use the word exclusive rather loosly sometimes and I'm HOPEFUL that they're not naive enough to release the PC version without a Beta.

Anyway, you can't say that there won't be. Apparently you're just as arrogant as you think I am... not unless you somehow have knowledge that noone else in the community has and seeing as you're a console fanboy I can't imagine you know much about the PC release http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The exclusive may mean exclusive to consoles for all you know, but you obviously didn't think that through. The release date for the PC version is delayed and if it's anything like the ACII delay there's plenty of time to have a beta for the PC version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As I've said before, I hope they do have a PC Beta but if they don't I won't be that hacked off about it... I'll just be disappointed.

Jog on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the end this is one of the few topics I couldn't care less about, who cares if I get to beta the damn game. I'd rather not be one of the idiots to get blamed when we find a **** load of bugs in the game, which I bet there will be.

I mean you really gotta be kidding me that people get this worked up over beta testing. PC will be beta tested, it would fail big time if they dont because it will just run like a **** console port otherwise and even the most faithful fan will leave.

**Edit
I'll make this one point I've tried making on other forums (gtaforums.com mostly), I am a fan of games, not the platform. I own a PC and its my main gaming platform, but I also own a PS3 and an Xbox360, and I buy and play games for all 3 of them because as I said I am a game fan, I support no ONE company, no ONE game, and not ONE platform. All of them have good and bad points, but for my personal tastes I prefer PC. Consoles do have many advantages over PC's, but in those also lie its disadvantages because it only for games, it has limited resources which cannot be upgraded and in the 8-10 years it falls a long way behind current tech. When the PS3 was released it was at least as good as a PC, if not better, but by the time the PS4 comes out your PS3 will be light years behind my PC. As already pointed out I think on this forum (been posting on a few the last few days) consoles are cheaper because your not always upgrading them. I'm happy to have both, and if one day a better platform comes along with better games, I'll buy it....I used to be a Apple II fan, then Commodore 64 fan, then Amiga, PC's, and many other platforms including early consoles in between then and now. Play games and forget who its made by or what the current platform is.

MostJadedGamer
06-19-2010, 09:54 AM
The games that don't get released for PC generally aren't worth playing.

Actually its the other way around. Games that are not released on consoles are not worth playing.

PC gaming is so unreliable, and buggy its not even worth bothering with. Its a 50/50 crapshoot if a PC game will run right or even run at all for that matter. Not to mention your PC gets out of date so fast that you cann't play any of the new releases anyway. PC as a gaming platform is a total, and complete mess.

MostJadedGamer
06-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ dennis580

The last thread you tried to start a console vs PC war in ended up locked, please don't try and turn this one into a war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

@ Everyone

Please try to make posts in a reasonable manner, and allow others to express an opinion which may differ from your own.

I am not trying to start a war. I just get tired of the arrogance from PC gamers. I cann't stand there attitude, and eliteism.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The games that don't get released for PC generally aren't worth playing.

Actually its the other way around. Games that are not released on consoles are not worth playing.

PC gaming is so unreliable, and buggy its not even worth bothering with. Its a 50/50 crapshoot if a PC game will run right or even run at all for that matter. Not to mention your PC gets out of date so fast that you cann't play any of the new releases anyway. PC as a gaming platform is a total, and complete mess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My PC is 3 years old and still playing the latest games, your wrong. As to weather a game is worth playing or not, that is just your taste and your opinion, I couldn't care less for most games that are exclusive to console. As for PC I find many I enjoy and are miles ahead in terms of realism compared to anything found on consoles.

I dont suffer from bugs either, only when made by big companies like Ubi who dont care, smaller more innovative companies do care and make far better games, but that is also just my taste in gaming. Your just ignorant, wake up and realise there are good games on all 3 platforms.

I am not trying to start a war. I just get tired of the arrogance from PC gamers. I cann't stand there attitude, and eliteism.
Elitism is when you try to tell everyone they should choose the same platform you do and their platform is dead when you really have no idea what games are available for it. Stop trying tell everyone that your console is some how superior to my choice of platform. Also why shouldn't PC gamers be upset at delays the same way I see many console gamers crying when a game they wanted gets delayed for some reason.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ dennis580

@ Everyone

Sorry for the double post, but I gotta say I kind of like that pic in your sig, sir. Anno is an example of a great PC game, Settlers well its ok but I prefer the older ones.....sorry for going off topic. Oh and should point out I'm not saying that because of the current argument, Anno is a great game, 1404, 1701, and would love to get my hands on copies of the older ones too.

Dizlol
06-19-2010, 10:25 AM
My PC is 3 year old and can run games like MW2/PoP:TFS/AC2 Without any error.

The difference with someone like me and Dennis who claims he only has 50% chance of succeeding to even boot up the game is in braincells perhaps.

I cannot stand people that met one elitist PC gamer and then think every PC gamer is like that.

I always respected console gamers, it's just not my thing and i will stay a PC gamer, with an Wii for casual games like DJ Hero.

People should learn to respect others choices and stop making these non usefull topics/statements.

Murcuseo
06-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Engioc:

In the end this is one of the few topics I couldn't care less about, who cares if I get to beta the damn game. I'd rather not be one of the idiots to get blamed when we find a **** load of bugs in the game, which I bet there will be.

I mean you really gotta be kidding me that people get this worked up over beta testing. PC will be beta tested, it would fail big time if they dont because it will just run like a **** console port otherwise and even the most faithful fan will leave.

I'm not actually that bothered about getting to play the Beta either, but like you I think it would be naive of Ubisoft to release the PC version without one and I would be disappointed if they didn't. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

...wait, how many times have I said that now? lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ dennis580

@ Everyone

I am not trying to start a war. I just get tired of the arrogance from PC gamers. I cann't stand there attitude, and eliteism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The irony of that statement is so raw it stings my eyes, I think I'll just put you on ignore so I don't have to read your moronic waffling.

I too play both consoles and PC. PC is my chosen platform due to high end graphics and customization. I prefer K+M to controller.

Consoles and PC's have their pros and cons.. I can't say one is better than the other but personally I prefer PC for the above reasons.

End.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
This is the first time ever I've made this kind of comment but.......I really do think this one should be locked now, it's turned in to nothing but a console vs PC war, and happy to include my own comments in that. Certainly not on topic any more.

Murcuseo
06-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Engioc:

I really do think this one should be locked now, it's turned in to nothing but a console vs PC war, and happy to include my own comments in that. Certainly not on topic any more.

Second that, it was inevitable really

Black_Widow9
06-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Consider it done. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif