PDA

View Full Version : I don't need more planes, just few things:

Foo.bar
12-05-2004, 03:55 AM
DF: after carrier has been destroyed no more player should be able to choose it as a base.

DF: bomb crater duration should be adjustable in conf.ini - we need craters wich last 5 to 10 minutes

smaller font heights in 'S'-screen

light-object (just only a light dot such like plane postion lamps) to mark the air field. fires don't look good on big bases.

drogues (windsack) to indicate wind directions.

real working light houses for coast lines.

JtD
12-05-2004, 05:07 AM
I especially like the first point.

Others are good as well.

elephant_il2
12-06-2004, 06:09 AM
I'm with you Foo.bar !
I would add also:
The AI pilots to retain the skin assigned to and not changing to default German or Russian in bailouts.
Pilot's head movement in external views linked to in cockpit POV.

Willey
12-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Bump!

But there should be a solution with vulching then. It's not nice not to be able to take off just because your own plane left a crater right at the spawn point. We had that in Il-2 already and it meant 2 minutes or so no take off.

I might suggest this for the BoB sim then:

It would be good to be able to place the spawn point indivudually. Everybody on the own side should be able to see where others put their spawn points, too. Of course, it has to be limited to the parking places and the area next to the runway/taxiways so that pll don't just spawn right on the runway. With that feature you could just respawn at another location on the same airfield after beeing vulched and then you don't suffer from the crater you'd be in.

TangmerePhilipp
12-06-2004, 07:34 AM
"drogues (windsack) to indicate wind directions."

Good idea, although an actual reading in the FMB would also be helpful.

Tater-SW-
12-06-2004, 08:32 AM
For BoB, make planes spawn in dispersal areas, and taxi to the runway. If you vulch the spawn at that point, so what?

For FB/AEP?PF we could have this now. Take the "test runway" concept, and make a new version that has zero thickness so you can taxi off it without blowing up. Now, shorten this new version to only a few meters long, and make it have no texture (transparent).

You could use this to place spawn points all over an airfield.

tater

Willey
12-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Ah, some kind of indestructible parking area. That would be a really good workaround.