PDA

View Full Version : UBI! How about a "save/upload replay"-feature

Assassinsyk
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
The more I play this game, the more epic moments i experience, so many that I cant even remember half of them.

Given how much I loooove ACB, I feel its a real shame, and I would love (!!) a feature to store/save or even youtube-share replay of last kill/stun/minute. Other than for my own reminissing, it would be great for discussing strategy and having laughs (speaking of, maybe censoring the IDs to prevent mocking/flaming?), but Im sure the bright fellas at UBI can recognize the HUGE potential for viral marketing through this.

Strategy-wise, I think the game allready is an inch away from being a cult-game, and opinions and discussions around tactics could fill up an internet forum (haha?). To contribute to this and throw gasoline on the fire, this should be a must.

Markeding-wise, forget about "cool" vids made on a computer, to see the potential and fun of a real game made in ones very own basement is worth alot more to gain new customers and keep the existing ones interested and playing for time and time again. This has been done before with Blur or Need for Speed or something (cant remember which, the game never interested me that much), with the result of hundreds of thousands views. Priceless.

Whaddu you think?

MrJLBoyyy
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
It'd be nice to be able to upload directly from your xbox/Playstation. It might take a while for Ubisoft, but it would hopefully be worth it.

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
this idea has alot of potential. i mean thats something that could be the "next big thing" rather then a youtube upload give the "save" option at the end of every game for anyone that was in it, and save the file to the videos area of the xbox or Ps3 for later view or personal use, then give an "upload" feature on this site for the video's. i mean that could even help vet and new players learn new and off the wall strat's. plus it has room for boosting trafic on thier site.

WIDOMKR383
01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
This would be awesome! I don't know if this could be included in a DLC but maybe you should repost this in multplayer DLC wants.

papartusedmcrsk
01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Color me intrigued.

Assassinsyk
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
This would be awesome! I don't know if this could be included in a DLC but maybe you should repost this in multplayer DLC wants.

Cool that you likes, I havent noticed the Wants-section, but will post it there as well!

WIDOMKR383
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:

Cool that you likes, I havent noticed the Wants-section, but will post it there as well! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a sticky in this forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZnorfRat
01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Would be awesome, call it Animus Video Records or something like that.

CChartier
01-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I'd love to have a feature like this. Uncharted 2 had something very similar. I found it to be extremely helpful to watch played sessions back, not only to re-live the moments, but to see the strategies used by other players. It was a great teaching tool.

luth411
01-06-2011, 09:48 AM
I would love it. It would save me a lot of typing in response to all the complaining about "playing the wrong way" or tactics that are "impossible to beat". I can just upload my matches.

And I agree, it's a shame that so many epic encounters are going unobserved by the masses. My experiences alone have been hugely satisfying and hilarious at times. I can't imagine what everyone else is seeing.

FireTempest00
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I actually pitched in this idea as well in the AC Brotherhood Feedback thread yesterday, but I didn't think about a direct to YouTube/Twiter/Facebook so your friends and others can see. Flippin Genius!

My idea was having something like Halo 3's record game feature (I know its Halo but it was the best I could think of with the mention of recording games) where it records your POV and then you can switch through the POV of other players or just move the camera around from a BEV and see the entire map and where people went where while you were doing something else at that time.

It would help other people develop some strategies, especially for team match ups for Manhunt.

CChartier
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by FireTempest00:
I actually pitched in this idea as well in the AC Brotherhood Feedback thread yesterday, but I didn't think about a direct to YouTube/Twiter/Facebook so your friends and others can see. Flippin Genius!

My idea was having something like Halo 3's record game feature (I know its Halo but it was the best I could think of with the mention of recording games) where it records your POV and then you can switch through the POV of other players or just move the camera around from a BEV and see the entire map and where people went where while you were doing something else at that time.

It would help other people develop some strategies, especially for team match ups for Manhunt.

Uncharted 2 did this exact same thing. I loved the feature.

Assassinsyk
01-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah, will take this game/community to a whole new level. From the youtube vids ive seen, ive had alot of "can one DO THAT?!" moments, which has helped me in skill and has brought up the fun-ness of the game. But its such a shame that just a very few has the possibility to record, and im sure they too experience that the camera was turned off just when that thing that never happens, happened.

And theres just something about this game, that make me join a forum and read up on strategy, and feel that allthough im level 50, ive only just begun. Replay-vids would most def bring alot to the people, and who knows, maybe this is the cure for runners?

Oh, and the fame and fortune that awaits those with the most gnarly tactic, gamestyle and skills!

luth411
01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah I know what you're describing. I have played FPS online games, and while I see the appeal, I'm not very good or interested in them. I'm more of a fan of RTS and RPG games online. But there hasn't been a truly great PvP RPG since Dark Ages of Camelot (in my opinion, and anyone who's played that game in any capacity will likely agree).

AC was a favorite franchise of mine from the start. The story mode of the game set aside, this multiplayer is awesome. It's revolutionary in the concept, and I love the mechanics.

Many games fall into the traps of over-managing balance of mechanics. This game has the advantage in that there are no unique "classes" or roles. Everyone has access to everything by level 50. And abilities counter other abilities, but it's not one-directional. In other words, you could sprint away from me and I will cancel it with throwing knives. However, if I hit you with throwing knives first, you can counter it with sprint. The timing of everything is hugely important, and so there is a lot to discuss in the way of strategies or tricks.

Sharing of best practices is a fundamental pillar of successful organizations. I have no issue with offering my experiences or ideas with other people for them to use or critique. It only makes me and anyone else better at playing, which in turn makes the experience more enjoyable.

Assassinsyk
01-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Well spoken.

I am ashamed to say, I never even thought about the potential of having others giving me feedback on my matches, I just liked the possibility of endless matches, both funny ones and good ones, to study. But yeah, critique on my own games are of course even more valuable.

Pretty soon well be discussing the Siena battle between you and me in the same breath as Foreman/Ali.