PDA

View Full Version : OK Seriously...

archer49d
04-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Let me start at the beggining... I'm cruising along on the surface when all of a sudden 15 shells land around me. The thought that went through my head was: "OK? Crash Dive, Periscope Depth!!!" As soon as we slip under Sonar reports 18 contacts, all warships. JFC!! I order silent running and plot an intercept for the center of the Task Force I have run into. So when within 2 KM I raise the scope. Lined up at a perfect 90 degrees is a KGV and Warprite. I fire 1 Homing and 1 TI Torpedo at both. Both sink after two torpedo hits.

Now, I don't mind the tonnage... but serisouly 2 Torpedoes, for both? (Realistic sink times on)

Pycckuu_4YBAK
04-25-2005, 07:32 AM
i think you might have hit a fueltank or an ammo storage or something... congrats on the lucky kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

archer49d
04-25-2005, 02:03 PM
But I mean what are the odds of hitting both with just two torps and having them keel over?

blue_76
04-25-2005, 02:09 PM
its an unlikely scenario.. but not impossible. u may have hit a ammo depot or the fuel tanks.

JebUSMC
04-27-2005, 01:42 AM
How many torpedos did the Prince of Wales take when she was sunk by the Japanese? I don't think it was very many. The Japanese fast battleship Kongo was sunk by a single torpedo from a US submarine. The Barham only took three and Royal Oak took a couple but only one killed her with a lucky hit. The other one or two didn't do all that much.

jmikkelsen
04-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Prince of Wales was hit by seven or eight torpedoes and bombs before sinking with the loss of 325 crew, including Admiral Phillips and Captain John Leach.