PDA

View Full Version : Theories for The Truth

Chengtai2
06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi all, I really wanted some ideas and theories for The Truth in Assassin's Creed 2. I think that this is really fascinating and would like to hear some of your ideas.

Assassin_M
06-23-2010, 11:21 AM
use the search button

EmperorxZurg
06-23-2010, 11:22 AM
we actually have the real Truth figured out already... if I find a link I'll post it but it's basically Adam and Eve escaping the Garden of Eden where Minerva's kind were. The lights on them were showing their connection to the "gods" and how they escaped with the apple to begin regular human life. From there theirs the whole thing about other humans leaving but Adam and Eve were the first, Minerva's kind starts dying and etc. etc. really. Maybe some new things have been founnd out though that I'm not aware of....

gtown25nick
06-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't have a comprehensive theory for it but I can point out a couple of interesting point:

*Spoiler Alert*

1. There a likely a third person with Adam and Eve. At the end of the video, when someone says "Eve", it doesn't appear to be Adam. His mouth (even though you can't see it well) doesn't seem to move and Eve, when she hears her name, turns toward the camera which suggests there is a third person who is having the memory. This is supported if you look at the camera angles throughout the video. They're consistent with someone running with Adam and Eve. Finally, watch the part when Adam and Eve look into the factory where the humans are working. You'll see the black robed figure (likely one of the ones who came before) holding the apple; however, right before Adam and Eve leave, you'll see that the figure no longer has the apple. Adam and Eve, as they are scaling the building, don't have the apple either which suggests the third person just took it.

2. There is a section of the memory that is missing. Watch the part when Adam and Eve are scaling the building- neither of them has the apple. Now the screen flashes to a bird's eye view and then immediately back to Adam and Eve. Eve is now carrying the apple. Something may have happened there that isn't shown.

3. The mountain in the background looks like Mount Kilimanjaro (although this is solely speculation).

4. You probably know this already but the Code at the end spells "Eden."

The voice at the end (the one that says Eve) sounds familiar but I can't quite place it.

Windrius
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by gtown25nick:
I don't have a comprehensive theory for it but I can point out a couple of interesting point:

*Spoiler Alert*

1. There a likely a third person with Adam and Eve. At the end of the video, when someone says "Eve", it doesn't appear to be Adam. His mouth (even though you can't see it well) doesn't seem to move and Eve, when she hears her name, turns toward the camera which suggests there is a third person who is having the memory. This is supported if you look at the camera angles throughout the video. They're consistent with someone running with Adam and Eve. Finally, watch the part when Adam and Eve look into the factory where the humans are working. You'll see the black robed figure (likely one of the ones who came before) holding the apple; however, right before Adam and Eve leave, you'll see that the figure no longer has the apple. Adam and Eve, as they are scaling the building, don't have the apple either which suggests the third person just took it.

2. There is a section of the memory that is missing. Watch the part when Adam and Eve are scaling the building- neither of them has the apple. Now the screen flashes to a bird's eye view and then immediately back to Adam and Eve. Eve is now carrying the apple. Something may have happened there that isn't shown.

3. The mountain in the background looks like Mount Kilimanjaro (although this is solely speculation).

The voice at the end (the one that says Eve) sounds familiar but I can't quite place it.

Yes there was a third person, it's subject 16.
The camera we saw, was clearly running, in other words it was like human eyes. So we saw what the really old subject 16 saw ^^

EDIT:
Found on youtube
01000101 - E
01000100 - D
01000101 - E
01001110 - N
Count the number of 0 = 20
Count the number of 1 = 12
^_^
How awesome is that? I don't think that a coincidence.. :S I'm scared.

lilbacchant
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
The camera we saw, was clearly running, in other words it was like human eyes. So we saw what the really old subject 16 saw ^^

That there is/might be a third person is pure speculation. The camera in the Truth video doesn't really behave any differently, imo, than it does in the Animus in general -- i.e., you're always controlling and watching the character as if you're a third person.

Also, there's no way to know if the Truth video was a recording of one of Subject 16's trips in the Animus, or simply a recording he found in Abstergo's database while using his adept hacking skills.

I'm not trying to take the wind, and fun, out your speculation sails, just emphasizing that it is, indeed, speculation and not ... well, truth. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Windrius
06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:

That there is/might be a third person is pure speculation. The camera in the Truth video doesn't really behave any differently, imo, than it does in the Animus in general -- i.e., you're always controlling and watching the character as if you're a third person.

Also, there's no way to know if the Truth video was a recording of one of Subject 16's trips in the Animus, or simply a recording he found in Abstergo's database while using his adept hacking skills.

I'm not trying to take the wind, and fun, out your speculation sails, just emphasizing that it is, indeed, speculation and not ... well, truth. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually when you get the first glyph sub 16 says that he found out the truth, and in the video beggining it says Subject 16 Session 12 clasified ^^
And you can kinda hear the foot steps of a third person.
But hey, this is a theory.

lilbacchant
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
Actually when you get the first glyph sub 16 says that he found out the truth, and in the video beggining it says Subject 16 Session 12 clasified ^^
And you can kinda hear the foot steps of a third person.
But hey, this is a theory.

I forgot about that at the beginning of the vid ... my bad. Guess that it is his memory should be classified as truth, then. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chengtai2
06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by gtown25nick:

*Spoiler Alert*

The voice at the end (the one that says Eve) sounds familiar but I can't quite place it. You are very right I didn't catch the part cut out and didn't catch that the camera could have been a person running and that the mountain looks like Kilimanjaro. also remember that Adam and Eve could have been being chased as both Adam and Eve look back with a scared expression. I'll try to watch the vid again see who's voice at the end that might be. Good theory and eye bro http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black_Widow9
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Please post this here-
***SPOILERS***what is the meaning behind "the truth" video? ***SPOILERS*** (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4911096908?r=4911096908#4911096908)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>