PDA

View Full Version : Network service failed to initialise

AF_Nucleus
03-24-2007, 06:21 AM
I can play single player with everything on high/max without problems, but I get the above error instantly whenever I try to play online, anyone else have this?

Psymon69t
03-24-2007, 06:24 AM
I've been playing fine for the last few days. But I got the same error this morning, wonder if there's a problem with their authentication service ?

ColinCJ
03-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Yer me too this morning.
Servers must be down.

hoellenfeuer
03-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Masterserver down?

Daliz1984
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
If it happens all the time and not just today, it might be a firewall problem. I think there's a sticky that says which ports have to be open.

I get that error also, but it only happens when I click the Multiplayer=>Online the first time. When I click it again, after the error message, I can login and it works.

JACKDANIEL_o7
03-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Sure, maybe every single person had their firewall settings readjusted last night while they slept..

Orrrr, the servers down

Thescorpionx
03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Well me and 2 other friends bought the game, and me and my friend were playing yesterday night and we got booted to the main menu, and couldn log on since then. But another of my friend is playing at the moment? And its not about firewall.

Silenoz7321
03-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry but i did not pay for a game to piss me off bcz of connection prob's. If ubi has a server fault or something they can atleast post something on the website or forum! i tried to logon from fryday 03:34 am to today 12:00 am and i can logon! please try again later blablabla if i wanted this i would of stayed with bf2!!!!!!(EA). wtf is going on!!!????

Panfox
03-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Ah at least now I know it's not just me.
It's just ubi's lack of support. Yet again.

ColinCJ
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Looks like the server is definatly down.
These things happen.
Just have to talk to the wife.

JACKDANIEL_o7
03-24-2007, 11:58 AM
BUMP

*thats it, I'm calling Mr. Clancy...*

Daliz1984
03-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JACKDANIEL_o7:
Sure, maybe every single person had their firewall settings readjusted last night while they slept..

Orrrr, the servers down

I understood it so that the OP hasn't tried MP yet, and his FW maybe blocking.

But yeah the server's down now.

ColinCJ
03-24-2007, 12:46 PM
I think its definatly the main server.
But just in case its not.

This problem is a connection problem between the game on your system and our server. Please try the following steps to resolve this :

Unless of course the server is down.

1) Patch to version 1.02. You can do this from the following link :

http://patches.ubi.com/splinter_cell_double_agent/splin...ouble_agent_1_02.exe (http://patches.ubi.com/splinter_cell_double_agent/splinter_cell_double_agent_1_02.exe)

2) Check any firewalls on your system to ensure they are not blocking the game from accessing the internet. Applications like Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, BlackIce etc will all act as a firewall. Please check the documentation that came with the firewall to allow the game access.

3) Try disabling all the background applications on your system to see if this helps allow the game to operate. Here is how to do this :

- Click on the start menu,
- Click on run,
- Type in the following MSCONFIG,
- Click on the startup tab,
- Deselect all the tick boxes,
- Click on apply and then close,
- Restart your computer,
- When your computer starts up again, please close these messages,
- Try to play the game again.

To return to the original startup sequence follow below instructions

- click start menu
- click run
- type in the following MSCONFIG
- click on normal startup
- click on apply and then close
- restart your computer

4) If your system is running Windows XP with a service pack, then this will include the basic windows firewall. Please make sure you have checked the firewall to make sure the game has access to the internet. Please see the following link for how to change the firewall settings :

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

5) If you have access to the internet via a router, you will need to open the ports on the router. We cannot give step by step details for how to do this, however the manual for the router should tell you how to open these and forward them to your system. Here are the ports needed for this game :

TCP : 80, 3074
UDP : range between 3074 and 3174

6) Older routers will sometimes require a firmware update. You will need to check with the manufacturers website for any firmware updates available for your router.

7) Try removing your router if you have one, and connecting your system directly to the internet connection and try the game again.

If any one does get in post it for us please.

RAIDER33
03-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I have the same problem..i mean ubi has the problem.Failed to Initialize.Don't they know the 15 of us that still play this want to play??

ColinCJ
03-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Just an update.

The problem is Servers in Canada.

I have left a message on the tec side , but they seem to be busy, also sent a mail.

Not much help Im afraid.

hoellenfeuer
03-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Busy for hours, huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wick1975
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
No help!!!All the network techs are glued to the tv set waiting for the Anna Nichole DNA results... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ColinCJ
03-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Another update.

No joy on Tec support in Canada.

I guess the server will remain broke.

KI.Canyon
03-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for providing updates, Colin.

AF_Nucleus
03-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the replies folks, I have an update myself.

Amazon seem to have so many complaints about rainbow six PC that their usual policy of never refunding PC software that has been opened has gone out the window, they have apologised for any inconvenience I have been caused by trying to play R6Vegas online and offered a full refund. I'm taking them up on this offer. If Ubi re-release the game AFTER it has been fixed, I might reconsider buying it. Right now though, UbiSoft are right up there with EA and Micro$oft in my list of companies never going to get another penny.......

qmac1980
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
hi from 23 march i also cant login to server there is "operation was canceled because it took too much time please try again leater" hehehe when leater for year??!!!