PDA

View Full Version : New

Raven2101
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Hello i just got FB,AE, and PF. its patched and when i played single player i sucked. the tutorial didnt help much. So I was wandering if anyone can teach me how to play?

super71957
12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the greatest flight sim on earth.
Don"t feel to bad,alot of us went through the same ordeal.This sim has a very steep learning curve but will reward you for your hard work.
I"m afraid I can"t help you as I am not to hot a pilot yet,still working hard at it though.
I"M sure someone will be along very soon,many great pilots here who are more than willing to help.Some having been with this sim for about five years or so.Hang in there and don"t give up to easily.Once you learn some of the basics it will become great fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

mortoma1958
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
For now, I'd suggest flying an easy to fly plane ( Hurricane is good ) and practice attacking bombers in Quick Mission Builder. Practice making attacks from different angles that help to prevent you getting shot by the AI bomber gunners. Don't set the enemy skill level to ace, more like to novice. Then practice attacking unarmed fighters, so you can shoot them down but they can't shoot you. Practice manuevering your plane to get it to do what you want without stalling much. I used to just fly around with no enemies and I just would do vertical loops and horizontal turns. I'd practice rolling the aircraft without loosing altitude and split-s manuevers. Practice climbing at good speed that allows you maximum climb without bleeding too much speed and stalling out. Practice trimming your planes to fly level, especially elevator trim, which most planes have. Practice diving, by diving at the max speed your plane can dive without lossing parts or disintegrating. Practice pulling out of dives. Practice use of rudder for turning and lining up shots at enemies. In most cases you should use rudder, not just aileron to accomplish turns. Practice shooting targets on the ground too.

Also keep practicing landings and take offs, since it's fundamental to learn that.

icrash
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Mortoma is right, the QMB is your friend. I started out hitting bombers set on my own team cause they didn't shoot back, then progressed to enemy bombers set at easy level. I eventually went to unarmed then arned fighters. You can set up ground attack missions in QMB too. If it makes ya feel any better, I still don't fly "full real" and still can't land on a carrier to save my life.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/icrash/icrash4it.jpg