PDA

View Full Version : take off

maintsmanphil
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
How do i take off from the ship i give it full gas and it wont go now where, what do i do.

maintsmanphil
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
How do i take off from the ship i give it full gas and it wont go now where, what do i do.

steve_v
06-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Here is a portion of the PF readme which should answer your question.

Additional Features
(Things that didn't quite make it to the manual)

Chocks: These are used to fix your aircraft on the carrier deck, and to reach full throttle before beginning to move. Otherwise a heavy aircraft, especially carrying extra fuel or ordnance, may not be able to reach sufficient speed if it begins moving before reaching max RPM. This is especially true for slow moving or stationary carriers, as their speed is added to your plane's speed during take-off. In other words, an aircraft carrier moving at 20 miles per hour adds 20 mph to your airspeed even when you remain stationary with your engine off. If the carrier however is not moving, it means you need to reach an even higher speed before you run out of deck.
You're not required to use chocks, and can release them at any time and simply use wheel brakes, however chocks provide much better control over your aircraft's speed when you increase RPM.
After landing, if you wish to watch other AI or human-controlled planes land, move to the front of the ship and engage chocks. Otherwise the motion of the ocean may cause your plane to slide and fall overboard.

You have to assign a keystoke in Controls, as there is none by default.

maintsmanphil
06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
one more thing how do i set it so i can view the plane instead of cotpit view???

mjr_health
06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
If flying on line most servers disable external view, but i believe its CTRL- F1 or F2