PDA

View Full Version : Game will not start after splash screens run!

iamcelt01
10-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I installed the Demo from Gamespot and it ran flawlessly. I purchesed the limited edition just yesterday and it installed perfectly. Then I tried to play Eod and it started with Ubisoft movie splash and then the Cyan movie splash then the screen went black and I was waiting for the game to start and it just went back to my desktop and then nothing. I tried uninstalling my demo and reinstalling the Eod from CD. Again it installed with no errors and the above happened as before. The only piece of hardware I have not upgraded on my 7 year old 800mz Athlon system is my sound card. I have an old Sound Blaster Live made around 1999. Could this be my problem as I noticed a minimum requirement was a Direct X 9.0 c compliant sound care? The demo ran fine? Other things I have tried so far are:

1. Reinstalling with all start up progrmas disabled.

2. Lowering my video card settings throught troubleshooting. I dont even get it to start when lowering them.

3. Checking my event viewer for errors and there are none.

4. Uninstalling the Demo and reinstalling from CD plus reinstalling Direct X.

5. Installing the lastest Java script that was suggested in an earlier posting.

6. I just installed my replacement ATI AWI 9800 Pro Video card with the latest Catalyst Driver from ATI.

7. Rebooting and trying after install.

Do you have any suggessions. Does this game check for minimum requirements and if they are not met shut down the game?? I am open to suggestions.

iamcelt01
10-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I installed the Demo from Gamespot and it ran flawlessly. I purchesed the limited edition just yesterday and it installed perfectly. Then I tried to play Eod and it started with Ubisoft movie splash and then the Cyan movie splash then the screen went black and I was waiting for the game to start and it just went back to my desktop and then nothing. I tried uninstalling my demo and reinstalling the Eod from CD. Again it installed with no errors and the above happened as before. The only piece of hardware I have not upgraded on my 7 year old 800mz Athlon system is my sound card. I have an old Sound Blaster Live made around 1999. Could this be my problem as I noticed a minimum requirement was a Direct X 9.0 c compliant sound care? The demo ran fine? Other things I have tried so far are:

1. Reinstalling with all start up progrmas disabled.

2. Lowering my video card settings throught troubleshooting. I dont even get it to start when lowering them.

3. Checking my event viewer for errors and there are none.

4. Uninstalling the Demo and reinstalling from CD plus reinstalling Direct X.

5. Installing the lastest Java script that was suggested in an earlier posting.

6. I just installed my replacement ATI AWI 9800 Pro Video card with the latest Catalyst Driver from ATI.

7. Rebooting and trying after install.

Do you have any suggessions. Does this game check for minimum requirements and if they are not met shut down the game?? I am open to suggestions.

Heimdall_G
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
You may have hardware and/or driver problems. If you'll post a DxDiag report in this thread, we'll take a look at your system and make recommendations. See Myst V: System Requirements and Posting Guidelines (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/4941067943) under To post a DxDiag report for a how-to. Run all of the graphics and sound tests you can before saving the report to a file, and post *all* of the file.

iamcelt01
10-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Well I ran the detection tool provided with Myst V and it said my computer did not meet the minimum requirements as well as my video card. I can understand the computer part, My computer is about 798 Mhz, but my video card is a ATI "All in Wonder 9800 Pro. I think possibly it does not support and "All in Wounder" but just a 9800 Pro without the TV. After I installed the game and tried a clean boot with previous installation, bizzaar thing began to happen to my computer. Lucky for me I have a image file and restored my computer quickly. I do not think the game caused any of my problems. Never the less I am going to try this agian on the new computer I a building now. Since this is the last game( and I hope they are bluffing) I will relish the anticipation of playing this on my new system sometime next year.

Heimdall_G
10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Did you install Catalyst 5.9 as detailed in Myst V: Installing Video Drivers With Win XP (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/9071035163), one of the stickied topics at the top of this Forum?