PDA

View Full Version : PC Version is out

dex3108
11-23-2011, 12:54 PM
And 8 days earlier PC version is out cracked. And i now need to wait until December 10th for my copy to arrive. Well i am disappointed i have to avoid spoilers when console players have played now i need to avoid PC while pirates play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rupok2
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
same here man. I can't believe this. Now ubisoft will about pirates more i guess. I don't think we will be getting any pc games from ubi anymore after ac series ends. They could have avoided this if they just released game on the 15th.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

iN3krO
11-23-2011, 12:59 PM
where did u see it? i'm not sure if buy the game and playing it a while would make me sure if buy or not (i've bought ac1 after completing the cracked version :P)

rupok2
11-23-2011, 01:01 PM
we won't tell u but just wait it out. I will just be playing skyrim and sr3 until next week.

dex3108
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Well i can only hope that my Batman copy will arrive next week so i can be occupied with something until AC arrives.

Time2Care
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Same here

i wait STEAM to START THE Pre-load

And release the game

Cuz hacker Already hacked the game

The reason of Change DATE is HACKERS

No The game got hacked

Now Anyone here have steam and he already have the game

We have the right to get it before 29th

Why we have to wait until 29th nov

it's a shame actually

UBISOFT hate PC GAMERS cuz hacker Cracked their games

And change the DATE OF ALL PC GAMES

After that the game get hacked before the release 8 days

WTF is this

adittza89
11-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Actually I have seen the console version out since november 5 so It`s kind of the same thing. All the games get cracked. What you can do about it is make quality games to make people buy your game because it`s worth it. In romania there are some rappers that let`s you legally download their music from their site the moment it`s launched but still a lot of people buys their albums because it`s good music. You can`t stop piracy

Razrback16
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Yep, nothing new. I remember arguing with some moron on here last year who tried to say that the game wasn't cracked within two weeks of release date...here is further proof of the reality that we live in. If pirates/hackers want to hack the game, they will. The end. Doesn't matter what kind of anti-piracy companies incorporate. The pirates & hackers look at it as a challenge to crack it and have fun doing it. Those of us who are willing to pay for the game, will pay for it, and those who aren't, won't.

The sooner Ubisoft realizes this and stops wasting money and resources on failed anti-piracy methods, the better chance they'll have of actually releasing games on time and will have more resources to dedicate to making the games even better.

AnthonyA85
11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
This isn't news.

The Xbox version of ACB was cracked 48 hours before it's release last year.

The only downside to using a non-legit copy is the MP won't work, but then, it doesn't work anyway, so....

Whatever.

I'll just wait for gamestop to send me my animus edition, but i'll still have to wait until Dec 25th to play (even though i've already watched walkthroughs on youtube)

TheLeoCrow
11-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I hate to say this but this proves Ubisoft right for delaying the game for two weeks...

rupok2
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
No actually its cause they delay the games that this happens if they released it on the 15th than there would be no early leak. Probably what happened is that they are done with pc version already and some ******* leaked it. At least if it released on 15th the hack would come out that day. Games always get hacked on release for xbox, ps3 and pc so it wouldn't have made a difference.

I think these pirates want to make a point but they are doing the opposite of what they are trying to do. They are saying drm doesn't stop us but ubi will take this as "MORE DRM!" even tho games for xbox release like 2 weeks early all the time pc is always in the spotlight for piracy.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

stevie-jay
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Just Ubisoft getting owned... I like.

AnthonyA85
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by rupok2:
I think these pirates want to make a point but they are doing the opposite of what they are trying to do. They are saying drm doesn't stop us but ubi will take this as "MORE DRM!" even tho games for xbox release like 2 weeks early all the time pc is always in the spotlight for piracy.

If Ubisoft DO do anything in the future regarding piracy, it won't be to increase the DRM, they'd just cut their losses and drop support for the PC platform entirely.

Razrback16
11-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
I hate to say this but this proves Ubisoft right for delaying the game for two weeks...

...how do you mean? Pirates get the added bonus of knowing they get to play it even before the guys who are willing to pay for it. How does that make Ubisoft right in lying to its customers and delaying the game?

rupok2
11-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Ubisoft just and moan about piracy for no reason. Every game gets pirated. Do you see valve moaning, do you see bethesda moaning do you see dice/EA moaning. They are able to make hefty profits on the pc platform so why can't ubisoft.
I have seen 3 articles today about ubisofts moaning about pc gamer pirates and one of their representatives actually said that we like literary said we. We get no ghost recon future soldier and we get no I am not alive or whatever game that is. I could care less but apparently ubisoft think piracy is to blame for everything.

PC games may not have the huge market as consoles but they are huge nonetheless, if you compare 1 million to 8 million does that mean one of then is small? one is smaller yes but not small. also companies get much more share of profits than on consoles because pc is an open platform.

Pc games do not sell small amounts. Skyrim sold close to 1 million copies on its first week on steam with peak players of 250k the first day. Battlefield 3 sold millions, portal 2 sold millions,etc.

Obviously consoles are gonna sell more cause they are for the casual market but that doesn't mean you can just treat pc gamers like crap, we are your customers and when you say "pc gamers" about things that shows alot of your attitude towards us.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

mr_doom1987
11-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Ubisoft, we are mad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Why the hell do they delay the PC version? Sure, PC version needs a bit more work, but couldn't you release the console versions the same date as the PC, so everybody will be happy? ACR has been delayed for 2 weeks, which is a long time for some AC fans like myself, but ACB for 4 months! I needn't say more. (http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-revelations-pc-leaked-a-week-before-official-release/)

spectatorx
11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Ubisoft, will you never learn?
This situation perfectly shows how pointless was moving date of release of pc version.

Rea1SamF1sher
11-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by rupok2:
Ubisoft just ***** and moan about piracy for no reason. Every game gets pirated. Do you see valve moaning, do you see bethesda moaning do you see dice/EA moaning. They are able to make hefty profits on the pc platform so why can't ubisoft.
I have seen 3 articles today about ubisofts moaning about pc gamer pirates and one of their representatives actually said that we ***** like literary said we *****. We get no ghost recon future soldier and we get no I am not alive or whatever game that is. I could care less but apparently ubisoft think piracy is to blame for everything.

PC games may not have the huge market as consoles but they are huge nonetheless, if you compare 1 million to 8 million does that mean one of then is small? one is smaller yes but not small. also companies get much more share of profits than on consoles because pc is an open platform.

Pc games do not sell small amounts. Skyrim sold close to 1 million copies on its first week on steam with peak players of 250k the first day. Battlefield 3 sold millions, portal 2 sold millions,etc.

Obviously consoles are gonna sell more cause they are for the casual market but that doesn't mean you can just treat pc gamers like crap, we are your customers and when you say "pc gamers *****" about things that shows alot of your attitude towards us.
1. There is the Ubi Launcher which seems to worry a lot of people and so they pirate.

2. Ubisoft is the only Publisher and Developer who still has a lot more triple A games which focuses on Singleplayer other then the multiplayer. People pirate Singleplayer games a lot more then Multiplayer Games. On PC the Multiplayer Part of a game is the best DRM you can have. That's the reason why Ubi built the Ubi Launcher so you need always an active internet connection to play which you need for the Multiplayer too. The best DRM for AC would be to make the Singleplayer also partly a Multiplayer experience in having reports which note down how well you did a mission. This report will need an internet connection so it can be created, shared and compared to other reports. If you haven't got an active internet connection, the game will not be able to create a report and shut down itself.

Of course a lot won't like this idea but it's the only one which I think can satisfy both Ubi and the costumers (who do have a permanent connection to the internet) instead Ubi not developing for PC at all.

ezzio_
11-24-2011, 03:46 AM
It would even add more insult to injury if the pirates got their hands on the DLC's while those of us on Steam have no way to get the extra content even if we are more than willing to pay for it! Ubisoft should learn from this and actually try to sell their product to those of us who are more than willing to pay for it rather than getting EVERYTHING for free and without all the B.S. from Ubisoft. Ubisoft has great game developers but awful salesmen. Whoever thought about splitting the game into multiple version based on exclusive content should be fired for causing Ubisoft to lose potential customers and potentially making them turn to piracy. Ubisoft should start to realize that they are making it harder and harder for their fans to buy their products. I will not be downloading the pirated version, and will wait for the Nov 29 release on Steam, and hopefully Ubisoft will reward those who wait to buy their product by finally selling us the DLC's through Steam (yeah right).

dex3108
11-24-2011, 04:00 AM
I need to tell few things regarding recent Ubisoft complains about piracy.

First of all if you telling in face that 95% of PC gamers are pirates you are insulting us and if somebody treating me like jerk why should i respect him?

Second thing is that low PC sales are also result of transferring PC gamers to consoles. Now in household there is PC which is few years old and it have been used for work and there is console that is used for games. It is normal that they will buy game for console not for PC. And it is your fault also because you have promoted consoles and eventual made PC gamers to transfer on consoles. So piracy speech is pathetic if you have great game and you offer PC community something like Mod Tools, astonishing graphic etc. game will be sold way better. But if you make bad console port you can't expect that PC community respect that.

There is many more causes that hurts PC sales that are not piracy.

kalo.yanis
11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
When I saw that it's been cracked this morning I got very very irritated. I mean, come on, they obviously intentionally delayed a fully functional version of the game just to prevent losses from piracy (whilst flat-out lying to us that it's for optimisation) and the managed to c***-up by not even being able to prevent it from leaking out.

Now paying customers will have to wait to play their games a week later, by which time thousands of pirates will have most likely finished the game. Epic fail, Ubi.

I mean, they might as well tell retailers to release the game early. There's no point in annoying their customers even more for no reason at this point.

Pirate_PL
11-24-2011, 04:25 AM
It really bothers my how PC is always blamed for piracy while console piracy is taboo. I don't know the figures, but console piracy exist and it's not far behind PC. Somehow the PC piracy is always brought up in every console vs. PC discussion and nobody bothers to mention the other one.

TheLeoCrow
11-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
...how do you mean? Pirates get the added bonus of knowing they get to play it even before the guys who are willing to pay for it. How does that make Ubisoft right in lying to its customers and delaying the game?

The same way they got access to the game a week early, they would do the same if it wasn't delayed. I've heard of stores that already have it on the shelf for sale. This isn't really Ubisoft's fault but the people who decided to release the pirated version before the release date of the game. Don't forget that they did the same with AC1.

Can you imagine what would happen if the pirated PC version came out before the regular console version? Sure the x-box version did get leaked a week ahead but console users are usually more casual gamers and don't usually download pirated editions

LthspLL
11-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Well, I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition via Shopto.net from Turkey and this news make me happy and angry at the same time.

I'm happy because I know Ubisoft won't be delaying the game further more at the last minute.

I'm angry because lots of people are going to play it before I do. Even now they are exchanging screenshots in the forums.

Also Ubisoft is right and wrong about piracy and PC gaming. I agree that piracy is a problem but also there are ways to eliminate loses of sales.

Steam is the way to go, Ubisoft should strengthen their relationship with steam, make more effort on the store page, making special store pages, TF2 stuff, bonuses etc. Gamers love Steam and who ever collaborate with them earns more money. Not as much as consoles but more.

People wants to feel special when it comes to the choices. Some developers and games manage to provide that and when they do they sell more.

I bought Deus EX 3 from greenmangaming for quite cheap, but in the day Steam was offering TF2 content for the pre-order, and I still feel I could get that version simply because it provides more stuff and "more fun".

Improvizor
11-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Ubisoft needs to understand that PC gamers pirate their games because Ubisoft treats PC customers like criminals. And if you're paying them to treat you like a criminal, it's a lot cheaper to actually be a criminal and skip the paying part. The fact is, loyal honest PC customers are suffering because of pirates. Pirates have a better experience playing the game. All they have to do is respect their customers. Sure there will be some pirates, but those aren't lost sales. Some people will pirate games even if they're $1. You can't fight that with DRM. You're only hurting people who actually pay.

sassinscreed
11-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
And 8 days earlier PC version is out cracked. And i now need to wait until December 10th for my copy to arrive. Well i am disappointed i have to avoid spoilers when console players have played now i need to avoid PC while pirates play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

that really sucks for people who want to buy the game, but it's ubisoft's fault and it is what they get for 1 month delays it is obvious that game was finished before there isn't really much to do in 1 month

ubisoft is really screwing their pc costumers who want to buy the game (they really screwed ac2 with that stupid drm)

the game is going to be cracked anyway so atleast they could make it better for people who buy the game instead of losing time to stop piracy and delay games for unknown reasons

rupok2
11-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Andre202:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
Ubisoft just ***** and moan about piracy for no reason. Every game gets pirated. Do you see valve moaning, do you see bethesda moaning do you see dice/EA moaning. They are able to make hefty profits on the pc platform so why can't ubisoft.
I have seen 3 articles today about ubisofts moaning about pc gamer pirates and one of their representatives actually said that we ***** like literary said we *****. We get no ghost recon future soldier and we get no I am not alive or whatever game that is. I could care less but apparently ubisoft think piracy is to blame for everything.

Obviously consoles are gonna sell more cause they are for the casual market but that doesn't mean you can just treat pc gamers like crap, we are your customers and when you say "pc gamers *****" about things that shows alot of your attitude towards us.
1. There is the Ubi Launcher which seems to worry a lot of people and so they pirate.

2. Ubisoft is the only Publisher and Developer who still has a lot more triple A games which focuses on Singleplayer other then the multiplayer. People pirate Singleplayer games a lot more then Multiplayer Games. On PC the Multiplayer Part of a game is the best DRM you can have. That's the reason why Ubi built the Ubi Launcher so you need always an active internet connection to play which you need for the Multiplayer too. The best DRM for AC would be to make the Singleplayer also partly a Multiplayer experience in having reports which note down how well you did a mission. This report will need an internet connection so it can be created, shared and compared to other reports. If you haven't got an active internet connection, the game will not be able to create a report and shut down itself.

Of course a lot won't like this idea but it's the only one which I think can satisfy both Ubi and the costumers (who do have a permanent connection to the internet) instead Ubi not developing for PC at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skyrim which is an sp only game sold a million already on pc with peak players 280k around there on first day. Its still first on steam charts. Witcher 2 whos devs only make sp games primarily for pc sold over 1 million copies and their game is on pc only. And do you know the difference between them and ubi? They actually care about pc.

Ubisoft blatantly says they take 12 guys and do a porting job on pc why else would a game be able to release 1 week early and be in a finished state. They only delay it cause they for some reason think it will affect their 360 or ps3 sales in any way. 360 games are up 2 weeks before launch date always and I know alot of people who pirate their xbox games. While bethesda supports us with mods and witcher 2 gives us free dlc and a game made for pc in mind ubi does a port and delays it cause they think pc players are the only ones that pirate. Just take a look at this article.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11...-to-piracy-concerns/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/23/i-am-alive-not-planned-for-pc-due-to-piracy-concerns/)

quotes from Mr Mettra of Ubisoft

"We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are *****ing about there being no version for them," Mettra said to IncGamers. "But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

and from the same article in Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5862433/i-am...-version-of-the-game (http://kotaku.com/5862433/i-am-alives-creator-does-just-about-everything-he-can-to-****-off-pc-gamers-in-explaining-why-they-dont-get-a-version-of-the-game)

Mettra says sales of 50,000 copies on the PC wouldn't be enough to justify a dozen guys doing a three-month port job.

These are the people who work for Ubisoft. I have an xbox 360 as well and I will be completely avoiding all ubisoft games, their games are crap anyways besides ac series and splintercell series. In fact I will try to avoid splinter cell if necessary, after they finish up ac series they are done in my eyes.

iN3krO
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM
if each of those devs porting the game to PC recieves 2000/month then ubisoft would only need to get 1,44/copy to not lose money if they only sell 50k copies.

I'm sure they get much more money per copy then that... How can that be not enough? They wouldn't need to waste more money in publicity or anything else o.o (besides there are always at least 1 million players buying a good game and that ubisoft gets much more then just 1,44 per copy sold).

Let's get real guys, ubisoft doesn't care about them and until we get any information regarding this problem we SHOULD not buy any game for PC.

I have a Ps3 and i can play them for Ps3 if they decide to stop releasing games for PC. I have internet and i can download pirated games if they do not stop with this stupid war against pc gamers. I have money so i can have 2 ps3 and one of them pirated just to off ubisoft not buying their games.

Also, i'm not really liking the direction this franchise is taking so it's another reason for ubisoft not seeing me buying the game.

I understand rayman is ps exclusive since playing it in PC would be the worst ever but why a game uncharted-like? Why delay Ac when piracy will still get over the game and 10 days before ur customers do?

Take EA as an example, learn with valve, respect us as customers that pays more money for quality gaming and release ur games in directX11, make ur pc games with exclusive content (or design the games for better gaming in pc).

Valve is now selling in ps3 and xbox but they still earn LOADS of money with pc games, cuz they actually care about us.

Stop treating us like if we were , instead embrace us as your future... ps3 and xbox360 is the past, they are outdated... ps3 tries to run crysis 2 (pc version) or battlefield 3 (pc version) and it explodes.

WE ARE THE PAST, WE ARE THE PRESENT AND WE ARE THE FUTURE!

PC GAMING FOR THE WIN!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language</span>

LthspLL
11-24-2011, 11:16 AM
quotes from Mr Mettra of Ubisoft

"We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are about there being no version for them," Mettra said to IncGamers. "But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

I have all the AC games for both of my PS3 and PC. Still have them. But statements like that makes me want to pirate their games. What an statement that is.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language</span>

spectatorx
11-24-2011, 11:37 AM
...after they finish up ac series they are done in my eyes.

The same way here, i'm buying assassin's creed serie games 'cos i like this serie so much, but i will never more buy any other game from ubisoft because of this how they threat customers.

When in one movie of all these about creating revelations have heard "we are listening to customers" i opened my eyes widely and laughed so loud. I've never before heard such a lie.

equinoxe737
11-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I hope that this text be read by someone from Ubisoft...

It's a real disappointment that this has happened, but who's to blame? anyway I'll wait until the day of release for PC to buy this game, there are many people working behind it, so I give my respects to them. The fault lies not with the developers, but with business decisions.

Although I have no way of buying it in South America, through Ubishop digitally (I live in Argentina and the digital copy for PC will be available only for U.S.), I hope I will find a way to buy it without problems. (a digital deluxe edition like brotherhool would be very apreciated too)

The game will sell equally well, although it has been hacked before the date of release, but Ubisoft would have benefited even more by launching the game the same day as consoles.
It's a shame but although almost all PC games have been hacked, the community of gamers who buy games and supports the company remains very large.

I sincerely hope for the future releases that Ubisoft make better business decisions.

TX

iN3krO
11-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by equinoxe737:
I sincerely hope for the future releases that Ubisoft make better business decisions.

Useless hopes... It's Ubisoft dear equinoxe737. You can't change who they are and how they work/think.

iNvid22
11-25-2011, 01:48 AM
first off i am a paying consumer, pre-ordered the animus edition for PC a while back.

what ubi needs is goodwill, right now they seem to be hated by most of the PC community for intrusive DRM, shoddy to average ports, late PC releases and a general sense of not giving a about PC.

now i dont know what numbers or data ubi has about piracy rates etc but i suspect, despite what the pc gamers that the piracy rate for their games (which are mainly SP focused, e.g. Assassins Creed) is pretty high.

What they need to understand is it will always exists until everything is pushed online to the cloud and core parts of the gameplay linked online somehow and go through checks (no not like the AC2 checks, they were torn apart in a few weeks).

So now you've accepted it will always exist for the forseeable future what now? Earn some goodwill with the PC community, this is the most important thing imo. Just get this right first and it should help a lot.

I'd also try looking into steamworks for your games, apart from the obvious benefits and goodwill you'll get from going with valve (who are doing pretty good), you'll stop zero day piracy at least.

And finally, spend a bit more time on PC ports to make them decent at least, stop with the region discrimination, hundreds of different editions of games and releasing them late on PC.

I know all that stuff is easy to say, but its not all that much to be honest, i think the hard thing is earning back the trust of PC gamers.

Scystab
11-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by iNvidious01:
first off i am a paying consumer, pre-ordered the animus edition for PC a while back.

what ubi needs is goodwill, right now they seem to be hated by most of the PC community for intrusive DRM, shoddy to average ports, late PC releases and a general sense of not giving a **** about PC.

now i dont know what numbers or data ubi has about piracy rates etc but i suspect, despite what the ****y pc gamers that the piracy rate for their games (which are mainly SP focused, e.g. Assassins Creed) is pretty high.

What they need to understand is it will always exists until everything is pushed online to the cloud and core parts of the gameplay linked online somehow and go through checks (no not like the AC2 checks, they were torn apart in a few weeks).

So now you've accepted it will always exist for the forseeable future what now? Earn some goodwill with the PC community, this is the most important thing imo. Just get this right first and it should help a lot.

I'd also try looking into steamworks for your games, apart from the obvious benefits and goodwill you'll get from going with valve (who are doing pretty good), you'll stop zero day piracy at least.

And finally, spend a bit more time on PC ports to make them decent at least, stop with the region discrimination, hundreds of different editions of games and releasing them late on PC.

I know all that stuff is easy to say, but its not all that much to be honest, i think the hard thing is earning back the trust of PC gamers.

You said it! I agree, there would be less piracy if the developers were more computer friendly. After all, you hack with a computer, not an Xbox http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

restomaniac
11-25-2011, 06:35 AM

what ubi needs is goodwill, right now they seem to be hated by most of the PC community for intrusive DRM, shoddy to average ports, late PC releases and a general sense of not giving a **** about PC.

now i dont know what numbers or data ubi has about piracy rates etc but i suspect, despite what the ****y pc gamers that the piracy rate for their games (which are mainly SP focused, e.g. Assassins Creed) is pretty high.

I know all that stuff is easy to say, but its not all that much to be honest, i think the hard thing is earning back the trust of PC gamers. And what if a PC gamer doesn't want a program spying on his purchases, and doesn't want his details stolen when that same system gets hacked?
So they just go and spin?

POPersiaT2T
11-25-2011, 07:12 AM
After reading THIS (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4571090338/m/8591061469), i start to worry whether we'll still be able to see the pc version of AC3.

restomaniac
11-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by POPersiaT2T:
After reading THIS (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4571090338/m/8591061469), i start to worry whether we'll still be able to see the pc version of AC3. "When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95 per cent of our consumers will pirate the game.

That is total BS of the highest order.
Ubi you are becoming more that just paranoid you are at the realms of idiocy if you belive 95% (Yes 95%) pirate your games.

iN3krO
11-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Ghost Recon Online senior producer Sebastien Arnoult, to PC Gamer, explained:

"When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95 per cent of our consumers will pirate the game.

Are you ****ing kidding me? If it's higher then 30% then slap my face dude -.-'' Ubisoft is death for me, i'm going to pirate AcR and Ac3...

And just read this carefully ubisoft, i pirated assassin's creed 1 just to see how the game was, when i finished it my first time i BOUGHT it, that's what pc gamers do when they like a game so much.

Keep doing things like this and in 2 years u will have no sales. PC Gaming is reborning since Ps3 and Xbox360 are getting old, we will lead the market again and you will sell nothing in PC. Valve and EA Games will have profit and u will close!

WE ARE THE PAST, THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE...
WE ARE PC GAMERS.
WE ARE THE WINNERS!

TheLeoCrow
11-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by equinoxe737:
[...]The fault lies not with the developers, but with business decisions.[...]

This may be the most sensible thing I have read in these forums.

Ubisoft has lost a lot of goodwill because of terrible PR department and managment regarding the PC but I will buy the game because I want to support the developers, the people who make good games. Pirating isn't the solution, it is part of the problem.

Last year, some oddworld games that were previously x-box exclussive were ported to pc in order to raise money to make new sequels. (by the way, all four games are 7.49 on Steam right now).I didn't need to play the games because I has watched them on youtube multiple times but I bought them as soon as they were released because I want them to make more and I never felt sorry for it. My point is, if you like a game series, if you want more, you support it. If you don't like it, then don't play it, pirating it doesn't make you smart or right

iN3krO
11-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Ubisoft has lost a lot of goodwill because of terrible PR department and managment regarding the PC but I will buy the game because I want to support the developers, the people who make good games. Pirating isn't the solution, it is part of the problem.

If they treat me like a crinimal then i will give them reasons to do that. If they want my respect then they must respect me as i respected them in the last years.

Saying i'm a criminal only cuz some ppl pirate games (and not 95% like their PR said) is not respect all those who don't pirate and not releasing for PC or release it with STUPID drm that get hacked 1 week before the game is released is not the way to respect me.

Razrback16
11-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iNvidious01:

I know all that stuff is easy to say, but its not all that much to be honest, i think the hard thing is earning back the trust of PC gamers. And what if a PC gamer doesn't want a program spying on his purchases, and doesn't want his details stolen when that same system gets hacked?
So they just go and spin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I will not buy games through Steam.

TheLeoCrow
11-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Saying i'm a criminal only cuz some ppl pirate games (and not 95% like their PR said) is not respect all those who don't pirate and not releasing for PC or release it with STUPID drm that get hacked 1 week before the game is released is not the way to respect me.

So, just because a segment of ubisoft's employees behave like idiots, you decide to cheat all of them? Do you realise that this is no better than what those employees who "insulted" you did?

Razrback16
11-25-2011, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:

If they treat me like a crinimal then i will give them reasons to do that. If they want my respect then they must respect me as i respected them in the last years.

Saying i'm a criminal only cuz some ppl pirate games (and not 95% like their PR said) is not respect all those who don't pirate and not releasing for PC or release it with STUPID drm that get hacked 1 week before the game is released is not the way to respect me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post. I concur with your sentiments.

iN3krO
11-25-2011, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

So, just because a segment of ubisoft's employees behave like idiots, you decide to cheat all of them? Do you realise that this is no better than what those employees who "insulted" you did? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PRs are creating a war Ubisoft vs PC Gamers... if ubisoft wants me to buy the games then they should fire those PRs and get new ones...

I'm currently downloading AcR for PC, let's see what ubisoft did this years and if they deserve my 50 bucks.

AnthonyA85
11-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Someone already uploaded video evidence of a rather serious glitch during the carriage chase in sequence 1, I'm hoping that's just a result of crapy copying methods, or a side-effect of the torrent download, otherwise that'll be a really nasty bug to slip into the PC version.

iNvid22
11-25-2011, 05:24 PM
lol at the people scared of steam, it might **** some of you off but the sooner games start using decent platforms like steam (eventually origin too) for distribution the better.

kalo.yanis
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but do you get a physical copy of the game if you get it via steam?

iN3krO
11-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by NBST:
Yeah, but do you get a physical copy of the game if you get it via steam?

You get it via steam... i'm not a fan of physical copies... specially when i have brothers like mine that loses boxes and among other things...

It's on your account and u can download/play whenever u want.

For those with problems with pirated version, i'm currently playing it, only found 1 bug that will forbiden me from playing desmond memories.
I'm still at sequence 3 but it seems the game is not following the fail formula of AcB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kalo.yanis
11-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I prefer to have physical copies of everything I buy. That's why I'm not too fond of e-books either. I mean, that's why I resorted to the collector's edition of ACR - because of all the nice extras and the cool box.

It's an important differentiator for me. I mean, if I'm just going to download a "floating" packet of information, I might as well turn to... alternative sources.

And I don't usually use other machines for entertainment purposes, so being able to play it wherever is not a big deal. I can see why some people might like this, though.

Also, when I've preordered a game, I refuse to pirate it, no matter how tempting it is. I feel it sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to show some dev. appreciation. Plus. I don't want the crack to mess up my launcher.

How is it playing, btw? Any performance issues?

restomaniac
11-26-2011, 04:02 AM
lol at the people scared of steam, it might **** some of you off but the sooner games start using decent platforms like steam (eventually origin too) for distribution the better. I would say the latest incident involving hacking pretty much proves those people right Steam is nowhere near as safe as a physical copy in your hand.
But you obviously knew that but didn't think it was/is important.
Ill say it again.
I don't want my info stolen or a program spying on my purchases.

Also what if some folks have small down load limits?

Let me guess you are not bothered about them either eh.

So many questions but all you can say is 'lol'

Figures.

iNvid22
11-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
I would say the latest incident involving hacking pretty much proves those people right Steam is nowhere near as safe as a physical copy in your hand.
Ill say it again.

Figures.

they got into the steam forums, they are seperate to steam actually. also i think most of the sensitive info was encrypted. even so steamguard is pretty safe so its not a big deal. if you wanna start screaming and wave your hands in the air feel free. from what i can remember off ehe top of my head this year bethesda's forums got hacked, sony's services got hacked, millions of XBL accounts were fraudulently charged - it happens, it will happen in the future as everything goes digital even more.

i didnt say get rid of retail anywhere, might wanna read my post this time. with steamworks games you can still buy physical copies, register them to steam and either install from disc or download the game. the important part is the game is integrated with steam and has all the benefits of the platform.

at least ubi would stop zero day piracy and earn some goodwill with the PC community which it kinda needs right now.

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 05:34 AM
I prefer to have physical copies of everything I buy. That's why I'm not too fond of e-books either. I mean, that's why I resorted to the collector's edition of ACR - because of all the nice extras and the cool box.

It's an important differentiator for me. I mean, if I'm just going to download a "floating" packet of information, I might as well turn to... alternative sources.

And I don't usually use other machines for entertainment purposes, so being able to play it wherever is not a big deal. I can see why some people might like this, though.

Also, when I've preordered a game, I refuse to pirate it, no matter how tempting it is. I feel it sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to show some dev. appreciation. Plus. I don't want the crack to mess up my launcher.

How is it playing, btw? Any performance issues?

It plays smother then AcB, thought i'm using a "Fix Crack" so i don't know what it specially fix, hope it's not the lag cuz i would be sad when i buy the game.

It feels wonderfull in the ziplines thought the slowmotions p!sses me off :X

Combat animations changed as well, thought i don't like them, ezio is now "showing" his skills instead of just killing :x

I'm still in sequence 3 and i'm not disappointed like other ppl in this sequence, they are introducing the game passively, they didn't it in AcB and it might be one of the causes i didn't enjoy it.

For everyone that got the console version and is at this forum, does the first Seal reveal an altair memory or am i unable to play it with cracked version?

kalo.yanis
11-26-2011, 06:40 AM
It plays smoother than ACB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif My prayers have been answered!

Also, fix cracks don't "fix" the actual games, but you ability to run them.

Rea1SamF1sher
11-26-2011, 07:30 AM
So the "mouse stuttering" isn't there anymore? Seems like I will be buying that game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

spectatorx
11-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I haven't played revelations yet, still waiting for my legit nexus edition ;-)
I installed assassin's creed, assassin's creed 2 and assassin's creed brotherhood. In technical way brotherhood is the worst game in serie. Also brotherhood is the worst optimized. When with previous games i'm getting 40-60fps@max detail, including multisampling a.k.a antialiasing, i'm getting 18-30fps in brotherhood without multisampling. Changing quality settings and resolution do not brings big improvement.

I hope revelations is not as crappy optimized as brotherhood is.

kalo.yanis
11-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by spectatorx:
I haven't played revelations yet, still waiting for my legit nexus edition ;-)
I installed assassin's creed, assassin's creed 2 and assassin's creed brotherhood. In technical way brotherhood is the worst game in serie. Also brotherhood is the worst optimized. When with previous games i'm getting 40-60fps@max detail, including multisampling a.k.a antialiasing, i'm getting 18-30fps in brotherhood without multisampling. Changing quality settings and resolution do not brings big improvement.

I hope revelations is not as crappy optimized as brotherhood is.

Word.

Razrback16
11-26-2011, 02:51 PM
For everyone that got the console version and is at this forum, does the first Seal reveal an altair memory or am i unable to play it with cracked version?

I rented the console version and played it on my girlfriend's XBOX -- graphics are awful on the console version so you should enjoy much better graphics on the PC (can't wait to pick my PC version up on Tuesday).

As far as your question, yes, every Seal/Key has an Altair flashback memory. You can probably watch a play-through on Youtube for story consistency if you want.

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 03:25 PM
It plays smoother than ACB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif My prayers have been answered!

Also, fix cracks don't "fix" the actual games, but you ability to run them.

Actually, this games REQUIRES NO CRACK TO RUN.

Once you open the game WITHOUT CRACK APPLIED, uplay DRM (launcher) will open and ask your account info, you enter your account and it will ask the serial key, just press cancel, go to preferences and check the Force Offline Mode.

You won't be able to play multiplayer but the rest of the game (not Rhodes in mediterrain mini-game) will be totally availiable for u.

I noticed this when i was unable to play Desmond memories due to the crack.

I still don't know what skidrow fixed in the crack thought o.o

PS - Ubisoft, can't you have other guys doing the Fire effects? it's the worst fire effects i've ever seen going out of the "Greek Fire"

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

I rented the console version and played it on my girlfriend's XBOX -- graphics are awful on the console version so you should enjoy much better graphics on the PC (can't wait to pick my PC version up on Tuesday).

As far as your question, yes, every Seal/Key has an Altair flashback memory. You can probably watch a play-through on Youtube for story consistency if you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know i had to go to the assassin's HQ to play the memory... that was my problem xDDD

I know graphics in console are awfull, i play call of duty in my friends houses xDDD

I just want ps3 to play god of war franchise and, maybe, infamous... my brother want it to play pes2012... maybe i'll buy it with him xD

Black_Widow9
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Let me just remind all of you that discussing Piracy is against the Forum Rules and will get you Banned. If you also cannot control your Language you will be suspended. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

kalo.yanis
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I was kind of expecting that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, I'll be very happy if the game truly has been optimised better than Brotherhood. I was worried it'd run even slower with all then fancy new effects!

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Let me just remind all of you that discussing Piracy is against the Forum Rules and will get you Banned. If you also cannot control your Language you will be suspended. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

If you can play the game without any crack then the singleplayer is f2p (free-to-play) and i'm not talking about piracy.

I'm not happy about the gaming being f2p cuz i will buy it, that's why i want to make sure that ubisoft knows that they did a DRM for nothing... please patch it ubisoft -.-'

spiderman4000
11-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok NOw who in ubisoft is the leack now thay pirte there own games and thay complane apoute pirace

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by spiderman4000:
Ok NOw who in ubisoft is the leack now thay pirte there own games and thay complane apoute pirace

No.

Everybody always gets this wrong, and music fans are the same. "It's your fault, your company leaked it", the users say.

In fact, nearly every instance of pre-release piracy in music is down to journalists who sell their review copies. I'm sure the situation with games is the same.

Ubisoft do not "pirate their own games". Somebody had to spend time cracking this, and it took effort. While OnLive is a little threatening to retailers, I'm sure the games companies must be a little thrilled by the possibilities of such a system, once it improves a little more - a means to allow reviewers to play games without any risk of a leak.

iN3krO
11-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Ubisoft do not "pirate their own games". Somebody had to spend time cracking this, and it took effort.

IT REQUIRES NO CRACK DUDE... am i speaking latin? -.- this DRM allows u to play the game without using the serial if u force offline mode -.-

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Ubisoft do not "pirate their own games". Somebody had to spend time cracking this, and it took effort.

IT REQUIRES NO CRACK DUDE... am i speaking latin? -.- this DRM allows u to play the game without using the serial if u force offline mode -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah okay, I didn't realise - I haven't investigated the pirate copy because I've got a pre-order and the patience to wait for it. Often there's been DRM in addition to other protection.

Haven't seen a completely protection-free commercial title in a very long time.

If my legit copy arrives in a playable form just by going to offline mode, with no serial, I will be amazed.

iN3krO
11-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

IT REQUIRES NO CRACK DUDE... am i speaking latin? -.- this DRM allows u to play the game without using the serial if u force offline mode -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah okay, I didn't realise - I haven't investigated the pirate copy because I've got a pre-order and the patience to wait for it. Often there's been DRM in addition to other protection.

Haven't seen a completely protection-free commercial title in a very long time.

If my legit copy arrives in a playable form just by going to offline mode, with no serial, I will be amazed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Positively amazed or negatively amazed?

I'm really angry that i pre-ordered a game for the singleplayer and now i find that the singleplayer is totally free to player -.-''

Oh and assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood on PC are also free to play, without crack. The same offline mode works on them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Windrius
11-27-2011, 07:25 AM
LOL people.. SinglePlayer is NOT free to play.
Everyone kept complaining about the always online DRM so they removed it. Just because there is no DRM doesn't mean that it's free to play. You still pirate a copy. And that is not legit.
Also, if you think that you have to buy the game just for multiplayer, don't be so freakin selfish. Buy the game to support the developers, they worked hard on this game.

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Positively amazed or negatively amazed?

I'm really angry that i pre-ordered a game for the singleplayer and now i find that the singleplayer is totally free to player -.-''

Oh and assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood on PC are also free to play, without crack. The same offline mode works on them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm leaning towards positively amazed, but I see why it would annoy you. It changes nothing for me though.

When I say I will continue to buy stuff even if it's unprotected, people tend to think I'm lying. However as I was saying in the other thread, aside from items such as clothes, food and art supplies that can't be torrented or picked up from newsgroups, I spend pretty much all my spare money on such things as books, music, films and software. I could be stealing the lot, and also be acquiring more things than I have hours in which to experience them. I'm not religious, so that's not keeping me in check.

Games companies make an argument about PC gamers being more prone to pirate games than their console-owning counterparts due to the relative lack of knowledge about how to do it on consoles, but surely that knowledge will be universal very soon. Effectively data protections don't exist anyway, and yet here I am handing over my cash.

I know how Ubisoft could have guaranteed much bigger sales, and that would have involved making only one physical edition for each platform, where every box comes with the full version of the encyclopedia. That's really all they had to do, never mind action figures or soundtracks. I cannot imagine a comparably desirable freebie to bundle with AC3, the sales of which will rely on trust and goodwill - and Ubisoft seem to managed to upset most people who paid for special editions on PC and consoles.

iN3krO
11-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Windrius:
LOL people.. SinglePlayer is NOT free to play.
Everyone kept complaining about the always online DRM so they removed it. Just because there is no DRM doesn't mean that it's free to play. You still pirate a copy. And that is not legit.
Also, if you think that you have to buy the game just for multiplayer, don't be so freakin selfish. Buy the game to support the developers, they worked hard on this game.

Free-To-Play is a game that you don't need to crack to play when u did not buy it.

If you install GTA IV you'll need the original CD to play it or a crack. However with Assassin's Creed you just need to enter ur uplay account and set the uplay launcher to force offline mode. For me it's not considered pirating since i'm not replacing any files but just using what ubisoft gives me.

When Ac2 was released i couldn't launch the game without inserting the serial... it required a crack to launch game. However now, just by setting the launcher to offline mode i can open the game without inserting a cd-key.

I feel like i've paid for nothing in Ac2 since it's not needed to crack the game to have full content.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

I will still buy Ac:Revelations to support the developers but it will be in fact a donation since i wont use any content i bought (multiplayer) and donating studios that have an income of 900million dollars per year is not really a donation... I would prefer to buy to play it legally instead of donate so they win even more money then they already do -.-''

Please ubisoft, fix ur DRM so you can't use Offline Mode unless you have inserted a CD-Key... that's the only change u have to do so the singleplayer won't be anymore f2p.

kalo.yanis
11-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Free-To-Play is a game that you don't need to crack to play when u did not buy it.

If you install GTA IV you'll need the original CD to play it or a crack. However with Assassin's Creed you just need to enter ur uplay account and set the uplay launcher to force offline mode. For me it's not considered pirating since i'm not replacing any files but just using what ubisoft gives me.

That's the whole point. Ubisoft didn't give it to you. What you're trying to justify is no different from justifying going into someone's house because they didn't lock their door and it's their fault.

Just because you didn't crack the game doesn't mean you didn't pirate it. To pirate means to download something without having purchased the content - i.e. illegally.

iN3krO
11-27-2011, 10:05 AM

That's the whole point. Ubisoft didn't give it to you. What you're trying to justify is no different from justifying going into someone's house because they didn't lock their door and it's their fault.

Just because you didn't crack the game doesn't mean you didn't pirate it. To pirate means to download something without having purchased the content - i.e. illegally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, if i download something i've not bought is illegal. If i buy assassin's creed revelation and then i download a torrent of the game. Is it illegal? o.o

I've purchased league of legends however i've downloaded it, is it illegal?

If i crack the game i've bought ubisoft will treat me as pirate, even though i've bought the game. Why is it illegal? I've not downloaded anything that was meant to be paid.

For me a game that doesn't need a crack to be played is f2p... even games with 15 years needed crack o.o

kalo.yanis
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
So, if i download something i've not bought is illegal. If i buy assassin's creed revelation and then i download a torrent of the game. Is it illegal? o.o
Yes, because the game hasn't officially been released yet. Ubisoft does not provide you with the service of getting the game beforehand as a condition of your purchase. This is if you've preordered. If not, then you're just ignoring cause and effect.

Past the release date and given you've bought it, not really. However, if you crack it, then oftentimes yes, since for many games each installed instance of a purchased copy is not meant to be running at the same time as another instance/install. That is why many games require you to insert a CD beforehand, ensuring that someone else isn't playing your copy of the game on another machine.

If i crack the game i've bought ubisoft will treat me as pirate, even though i've bought the game. Why is it illegal? I've not downloaded anything that was meant to be paid.

See above.

For me a game that doesn't need a crack to be played is f2p... even games with 15 years needed crack o.o

So if a music file is without DRM, then it's fully ok to download it from a torrent site without paying for it? Since no one is stopping you? Because that's what you're saying.

If the publisher hasn't officially made something publicly downloadable without requiring a purchase, then it isn't free to play.

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 10:27 AM

I think the publisher needs to declare it Free To Play before it really is F2P.

Certainly under UK law you'd be committing an offence, even if you own or later buy the original title. Also, if you get it via torrent then you're aiding other people in getting that illegal content too. It might make a small difference to how or if you'd be punished, but that's a side issue.

There are moves underway to relax those laws, but only in so much as the law applies to making copies of content you've bought (for example, nobody's going to prosecute you for making mp3s of a CD you've bought, and that's the kind of thing these changes in law are meant to make concrete in future, to protect your right to copy your own purchases for personal use).

planetbeing
11-27-2011, 10:35 AM

You're talking sheer lunacy. You have a very strange idea of morals. If you think something is illegal if and only if something physically prevents you from doing it, then you have another thing coming to you.

There may be no feature to prevent you from playing the Single Player of Assassin's Creed if you did not pay for it, but it's still illegal and if you do it and get caught, they can prosecute you.

As an analogy, there's no feature on guns that prevent you from killing an innocent person. That doesn't make it "free to murder anyone you want". Not only is it not morally right, if you do it and you get caught, they will prosecute you.

As for your comparison with "downloading". Downloading something doesn't make your actions illegal. Not paying or otherwise getting permission from the legal publishers makes your actions illegal. Also, just because something has copy-protection doesn't even change things in your moral universe: It doesn't make much of a difference if it takes 0 seconds to play a non-DRMed game or 15 seconds to download a crack for a DRMed game.

Laws arise not from whether it's physically possible to do something or not: Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Laws arise from reason. Our creed does not command us to be free; it commands us to be wise.

EmmaBemma
11-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Pirated e-books don't require a crack either, that doesn't make it legal to download. This weird kind of logic is probably why game companies are so paranoid about pirating.

But really, I think MOST people are a lot more honest than we have to be. There's so many times I could have committed a crime with very low chance of getting caught and no direct harm to anyone, but I don't. A lot of people are still willing to pay for things they could actually get for free.

Considering how much money they must be tossing down the drains for this completely useless and ineffective piracy protection, I've got to wonder if it's actually worth it from a business perspective? How exactly does the business they'd lose from piracy weigh up against the money they spend on piracy protection and the business they lose from *using* it?

rupok2
11-27-2011, 11:26 AM
LOl at the idiots trying to justify piracy, your kind are the sole reason publishers have drm. Just stfu. I hope acr sells really well. I have my copy preloaded on steam can't wait till tuesday.

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by mr_doom1987:
Can some 1 pls help my friend, he has downloaded the game from skidrow, but the ubi game launcher asks for a code. Pls help him he doesn't have the money (or will) for buying the game. And he's an idiot... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Apparently "your friend" (you) is a bit dim. Why not go to the sites you got your torrent from, rather than coming on the manufacturer's site to ask a question which even the people who didn't pirate the game now know the answer to?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi mr_doom1987, we do not give advice on anything to do with piracy, which is what your friend has done.

If however he buys the game through the correct channels we will support him.

mr_doom1987
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry, Ubisoft. There were people here who already played the game so I thought maybe some one would help. Really didn't mean to offend any one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
P.S. DoubleclickTF, it really wasn't me, I pre-ordered the game back in October (still waiting).
EDIT: f*** you DALIBOR, the game now suddenly works, well good for you.

Windrius
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM

That awkward moment when people don't read the EULA and just click agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Downloading is NOT pirating. You can download whatever the hell you want. However, until the point where you have to agree to TOS/EULA and you do actions which are listed there as illegal(for example not having a legal copy of the game) is illegal. Therefore downloading a game from the provider website(or websites that have permission to provide a product on the web) is legal. However downloading it from torrent and installing it later is illegal, because it's a clone of someone elses copy of the game, therefore, you do not own it and it is a pirated version of the game.

restomaniac
11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by restomaniac:
I would say the latest incident involving hacking pretty much proves those people right Steam is nowhere near as safe as a physical copy in your hand.
Ill say it again.

Figures.

they got into the steam forums, they are seperate to steam actually. also i think most of the sensitive info was encrypted. even so steamguard is pretty safe so its not a big deal. if you wanna start screaming and wave your hands in the air feel free. from what i can remember off ehe top of my head this year bethesda's forums got hacked, sony's services got hacked, millions of XBL accounts were fraudulently charged - it happens, it will happen in the future as everything goes digital even more.

i didnt say get rid of retail anywhere, might wanna read my post this time. with steamworks games you can still buy physical copies, register them to steam and either install from disc or download the game. the important part is the game is integrated with steam and has all the benefits of the platform.

at least ubi would stop zero day piracy and earn some goodwill with the PC community which it kinda needs right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And try and read my post again nowhere had I said you said that.
I did say 'I don't want a program spying on my purchases and the possiblity of my details being available to the highes bidder whilst they are ONLINE' however, Why should I be forced down that road just because YOU want it?
No matter how you try and spin it a game linked to steam means you are hell of a lot more unsafe than a physical copy which requires nothing but a PC, a 1 time online activation and a DVD disk.
So when you said 'Goodwill with the PC community' you actually meant goodwill with the Steam communtity.
They are certainly not one and the same thing.

But like I said screw me as long as you get what you want eh!

Try and read MY posts in future.

lucifero2114
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
the skidrow version

whenever i try to do desmond sequence i pop out to windows......WTF?

(i preordered the collector edition, dun bash me)

kalo.yanis
11-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by lucifero2114:
the skidrow version

whenever i try to do desmond sequence i pop out to windows......WTF?

(i preordered the collector edition, dun bash me)

It doesn't matter. No one is going to help you until the game is released.

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 04:36 AM
well just a min ago ive recieved my game(for pc) by mail.
kinda early but yea i got it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

and yes i did order it at the ubisoft website

AntiChrist7
11-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by todumbtodie:
kinda early but yea i got it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

same here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But we cant go online it seems, so we cant collect the game extras we ordered. or is it just me?

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by todumbtodie:

But we cant go online it seems, so we cant collect the game extras we ordered. or is it just me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems like i dont got anyproblems and activated my extras i got.

kalo.yanis
11-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Where did you guys order from?

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Where did you guys order from?

if you did read my first post i said from the ubisoft website :P

kalo.yanis
11-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Sorry, didn't see that.

Have fun!

AnthonyA85
11-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I went to order from the ubishop, but by the time i did, the PC animus edition was already gone, so had to order from gamestop (hope that wasn't a mistake), not heard anything from them yet, hopefully will by friday though.

Either way, i still gotta wait until christmas day to play my copy.

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
I went to order from the ubishop, but by the time i did, the PC animus edition was already gone, so had to order from gamestop (hope that wasn't a mistake), not heard anything from them yet, hopefully will by friday though.

Either way, i still gotta wait until christmas day to play my copy.

aww tobad i did order the aminus edition at the ubisoft website.
and i alrdy did recieve it having a lot of fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
the book is awesome tho ^^

AntiChrist7
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by todumbtodie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by todumbtodie:

But we cant go online it seems, so we cant collect the game extras we ordered. or is it just me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems like i dont got anyproblems and activated my extras i got. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah after two tries it worked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

spectatorx
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I have one question:
Game again has two executables (mp and sp) and if yes so do it has two separate shortcuts for each one?

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I have one question:
Game again has two executables (mp and sp) and if yes so do it has two separate shortcuts for each one?

nope it has 1 shortcut wich goes to a launcher and in the game you got a choise for story or multiplayer

spectatorx
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Could you check if you can create direct shortcut to multiplayer like it was with brotherhood?

Method:
Create new "empty" shortcut and paste into it this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBMP.exe" /launchedfromotherexec /onlineUser:****** /onlinePassword:******

Of course instead of brotherhood's mp executable path insert revelations' executable path and instead of stars type your nickname and password.

I will be thankful if you will check it for me ;-)

todumbtodie
11-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Could you check if you can create direct shortcut to multiplayer like it was with brotherhood?

Method:
Create new "empty" shortcut and paste into it this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBMP.exe" /launchedfromotherexec /onlineUser:****** /onlinePassword:******

Of course instead of brotherhood's mp executable path insert revelations' executable path and instead of stars type your nickname and password.

I will be thankful if you will check it for me ;-)

na sorry iam not gona try any bypasses or editing into it.

if you want to know that then you need to try it your self :P

spectatorx
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Ok...

kylebisme
11-29-2011, 04:51 PM

You can launch the ACRMP.exe, which launches the launcher, and that launches SP for just a moment before jumping to multilayer, logged in automatically. Unfortunately, the shortcut switches from Brotherhood don't do anything.

Or not, I'd just tried it once before going to eat, and saw the screen flicker like it started sp and then switched to mp, but nope it just puts you in the main menu even when using the MP executable, with launch options or otherwise.