PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous tailwheel lock?

F0_Dark_P
03-17-2006, 06:55 AM
I am puzzled of a thing that happend to me last night when i was flying, my tailwheel just locked it self on it's own, and the text came up on the screen telling me it was locked and i had not done anything.

And then it did the same in a later mission when i did i highspeed dive, i never touch the "lock tailwheel" button :S

Is this someting that could happen in real life when flying so Madox added in the new pach, or is it a bugg of some kind?, are there anyone here that have seen this to in the game?

is this

F0_Dark_P
03-17-2006, 06:55 AM
I am puzzled of a thing that happend to me last night when i was flying, my tailwheel just locked it self on it's own, and the text came up on the screen telling me it was locked and i had not done anything.

And then it did the same in a later mission when i did i highspeed dive, i never touch the "lock tailwheel" button :S

Is this someting that could happen in real life when flying so Madox added in the new pach, or is it a bugg of some kind?, are there anyone here that have seen this to in the game?

is this

NonWonderDog
03-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Were you flying a P-51? Tailwheel lock is at least partially automatic on a real-life P-51, but I didn't think that was represented in game.

AVG_WarHawk
03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds great, but not happening here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

mortoma
03-17-2006, 12:34 PM
It should cause no problem during flight so I'd just ignore it. Just make sure it's locked before landing so you don't end up all over the runway.
Unless you're really good with the rudders.

Tully__
03-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I'd be checking my joystick for possible key/key combination assignments that might include or combine to result in your tailwheel lock control assigment.