PDA

View Full Version : Flickering and forced Degaussing

Lockwyn
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey,

I sometimes get this problem in other games aside from vegas however I can usually relsolve it be changing the resolution or frame rates. Considering how vegas has very limted resolution options and no frame rate options I am stuck with this problem

After the first <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">UBI[/b] soft logo displays on start up the screen will begin to flicker and white lines are traceable moving up and down my screen.

Also when in game my monitor constantly degausses itself. However unlike manual degauss the screen actually goes black for 2-3 seconds while it degausses which is very annoying when trying to duck for cover and you can't see anything.

System specs are

AMD x2 4400
7800 GTX
2 GB RAM
Windows XP

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Note: I have tried using the alternate resolutions that somebody posted on this board but they didn't resolve the flickering problem.

Thanks

Lockwyn
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey,

I sometimes get this problem in other games aside from vegas however I can usually relsolve it be changing the resolution or frame rates. Considering how vegas has very limted resolution options and no frame rate options I am stuck with this problem

After the first <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">UBI[/b] soft logo displays on start up the screen will begin to flicker and white lines are traceable moving up and down my screen.

Also when in game my monitor constantly degausses itself. However unlike manual degauss the screen actually goes black for 2-3 seconds while it degausses which is very annoying when trying to duck for cover and you can't see anything.

System specs are

AMD x2 4400
7800 GTX
2 GB RAM
Windows XP

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Note: I have tried using the alternate resolutions that somebody posted on this board but they didn't resolve the flickering problem.

Thanks

InfestGoat
12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
you got the newest drivers on ur 7800gtx?