PDA

View Full Version : display issue

jayhee28
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Here is what I want to do: use my dlp tv as the monitor for this game utilizing my computer and a regular 15 pin monitor connection from the tv-pc connection to the computer.

Here is what happens: I can see my normal desktop screen on the tv and can execute OTHER programs just like normal. When I double click on Pacific fighters nothing happens. I was able to play a different flight sim game using this setup with no problem.

Has anyone else run into this or similar problem? Thanks for any input about this.

jayhee28
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Here is what I want to do: use my dlp tv as the monitor for this game utilizing my computer and a regular 15 pin monitor connection from the tv-pc connection to the computer.

Here is what happens: I can see my normal desktop screen on the tv and can execute OTHER programs just like normal. When I double click on Pacific fighters nothing happens. I was able to play a different flight sim game using this setup with no problem.

Has anyone else run into this or similar problem? Thanks for any input about this.

jayhee28
05-22-2006, 11:25 AM
NO, Seriously.

:-)

WB_Outlaw
05-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Have you checked the resolution and refresh rates to make sure your TV is capable of running in the same mode/refresh rate that IL-2 runs?

--Outlaw.

jayhee28
05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have not checked that but I will tonight. I was using a vga cable and I noticed that the resolution on the game did not match the vga resolution so that may be one factor. I appreciate the response.

jayhee28
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
FYI

Changing the video mode setting in pacific fighters to match the display capability of the VGA cable was the answer. It works fine now.