PDA

View Full Version : OT @ Online PC gaming whats out there that is comparable to IL2

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2006, 03:02 AM
I have finally got broadband operational & am wondering what else is in the same league as IL2? I am looking at online FPS, Tank & naval sims as well as the RGP genre. I havnt got a clue as to what is superb & what is garbage so all opinions are welcome

Does anybody know if Red Orchestra is avail off the shelf in Australia or is it down load only?

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2006, 03:02 AM
I have finally got broadband operational & am wondering what else is in the same league as IL2? I am looking at online FPS, Tank & naval sims as well as the RGP genre. I havnt got a clue as to what is superb & what is garbage so all opinions are welcome

Does anybody know if Red Orchestra is avail off the shelf in Australia or is it down load only?

skarden
09-17-2006, 04:04 AM
well a good fps game thats also free is F.E.A.R.
Combat.
Its basicaly just the multiplayer part of F.E.A.R. that they relesed for free about a month ago.
Damm fun game thats fast and brutal. get it here

fear combat (http://www.joinfear.com/main)

other then that there really is a bloody huge number of games that are great depending on what you like,here a good site i like that cover's a lot of them.

computer & video games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=134751)

Enjoy and maybe see on line. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dieg777
09-17-2006, 04:09 AM
operation flashpoint is an old game but has good reviews and community support

call of duty 2 has also good reviews - a few mates play this online and rate it highly

GAU-8
09-17-2006, 05:14 AM
get operation flashpoint (game of the year version) update it, (only a patch or 2, and they are relatively small)

ignore the graphics, you will learn to love em after a while. and wil play on just about anybodys PC today!

its pretty much the only real tactical military trainer out on the market. and cheap! to pickup. tryst me, even though its flawed some the big army boys love to play this army game. and for good reason.

silent hunter III is good for the sub thing. you can play the game submerged underwater, doing scans, and rotating out crew in real time. gyro effects on torpedos...and learn lots of math they said you would use after school...but never did.

there us a few othersm byt im about to pas out.

carguy_
09-17-2006, 05:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAU-8:
...and learn lots of math they said you would use after school...but never did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I see that on the other side of the world it is the same old BS.If I ever had to use math to count taxes,calculate prices or do any daily counting I`d say up to the 8th grade they tought me something useful,later all the thing is just a big headache.

Aaron_GT
09-17-2006, 06:14 AM
What's OFP like online?