PDA

View Full Version : Setup questions for PF (applies to earlier too I suspect)

Spinnetti
10-31-2004, 07:17 PM
I'd like to have my defaults always in place when I start to fly.(I fly full difficulty except map) Can I adjust the Config.ini or somthing to:

> Keep the heading off the speedbar (e.g. no speed bar at all. Already have it off, but heading still appears. Didn't do this in previous versions)

> Have my initial view 1 step wide of normal

> Have cockpit lights on to start with

> Hackencross no longer seems to work. Is there a trick with PF?

> Does high gore settings still work? Prior to AEP, getting shot in my Me put blood on the cockpit, but didn't see it in AEP or PF. Hm...

> Would also be nice if the game saved the track viewing preferences. I hate having to set them every time (loop off, manual time etc)...

Thanks!

SeaFireLIV
10-31-2004, 07:22 PM
I have exactly this problem and would also like to know a solution. I suspect the heading thing is a bug - it might be a good idea to send a report to Oleg.

Spinnetti
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I have exactly this problem and would also like to know a solution. I suspect the heading thing is a bug - it might be a good idea to send a report to Oleg. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I reported this one...

Here's another potential one:
I saved a track on a single mission, but it saved it only with the default aircraft skin. Confused, I did it again, and confirmed it. It works with the skins for the other planes, but not the players craft skin.

Also, why do you have to manually start saving the track on single missions? I like being able to choose after like in the QMB..

Thanks,

Tully__
11-01-2004, 04:27 AM
The heading thing is deliberate as there are some aircraft that you can't see the compass in. You can still turn it off but you'll need to assign the keyboard control "Toggle Speedbar" to do it. There is unfortunately no way to have it default to off.

Initial view will default to Normal, nothing you can do about it.

Ditto cockpit lights.

I believe that Stab will still enable Hakenkreuz but I haven't tested. The other Stab features may not work in PF.

Highgore still worked in AEP but with slightly different effects. It only applied to one version of the 109, the He111 and some Russian flying boat thing. I haven't tested in PF yet (and probably wont bother).

No way to preconfigure track viewing settings that I'm aware of. Others may know more.

Spinnetti
11-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Rats. Thats a downer.
Thanks for explaining anyhow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
The heading thing is deliberate as there are some aircraft that you can't see the compass in. You can still turn it off but you'll need to assign the keyboard control "Toggle Speedbar" to do it. There is unfortunately no way to have it default to off.

Initial view will default to Normal, nothing you can do about it.

Ditto cockpit lights.

I believe that Stab will still enable Hakenkreuz but I haven't tested. The other Stab features may not work in PF.

Highgore still worked in AEP but with slightly different effects. It only applied to one version of the 109, the He111 and some Russian flying boat thing. I haven't tested in PF yet (and probably wont bother).

No way to preconfigure track viewing settings that I'm aware of. Others may know more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spinnetti
11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I have exactly this problem and would also like to know a solution. I suspect the heading thing is a bug - it might be a good idea to send a report to Oleg. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg replied quite promptly.. He said its not a bug, and that they did a poll a while back, and thats how people wanted it to work.

Oh well.