PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER** Would people want Desmond??

Manc_Prophecy
11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
I was just thinking considering everything is pretty much done with Ezio and there doesn't seem much point dragging a story with him, it makes me think whether or not people would want to see the next AC based on Desmond instead? After all thats occured in the ending of Brotherhood it seems quiet possible.

I personally would prefer to see the next one take on the present more then the past just to give an insight on whats going on as I think being stuck in the Animus we're missing a bigger piece to the puzzle (so to speak).

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-24-2010, 07:42 PM
If it's a Desmond game I'm not buying it.

Manc_Prophecy
11-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GREAZY_FINGAZZ:

Obviously the way I put it doesn't seem appealing, I'm sure Ubisoft could make it more appeasing then I make it sound. It just seems that going into the Animus and going back into time is becoming somewhat of a bore, don't get me wrong as much as I love the series imo possibly the best game series since Final Fantasy (well all FF games up until Final Fantasy X-2) I think it could do with a different direction instead of being predictable.

nightpriestess
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
I DEFINITELY would. I got into the AC games due to the history aspect of it, but what really got me hooked is the storyline going on in the present day. Seriously, I like Desmond better than Ezio and Altair.

...should I go hide?

E-Zekiel
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Definitely, yeah. Wondering how they would incorporate some modern day things that would make the gameplay kinda different (in a possibly bad way) though.

RipYourSpineOut
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
You guys need to remember that the REAL main protagonist is Desmond. He is the one reliving the memories, he's the one who's in the present. He's supposed to save the world from an unknown disaster. If AC3 DOESN'T involve a lot more Desmond (though I know it will, as far as we have been told in the past, Assassin's Creed was planned as a trilogy, so they need to conclude Desmond's side of the story), I will be very upset with Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

nightpriestess
11-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
You guys need to remember that the REAL main protagonist is Desmond. He is the one reliving the memories, he's the one who's in the present. He's supposed to save the world from an unknown disaster. If AC3 DOESN'T involve a lot more Desmond (though I know it will, as far as we have been told in the past, Assassin's Creed was planned as a trilogy, so they need to conclude Desmond's side of the story), I will be very upset with Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

shadowoflax2
11-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
I DEFINITELY would. I got into the AC games due to the history aspect of it, but what really got me hooked is the storyline going on in the present day. Seriously, I like Desmond better than Ezio and Altair.

...should I go hide?

Yes, because until Desmond looks like that. I dont want it. I enjoy the games due to the old world surroundings. If I wanted to shoot people I would go back to MW.

http://media.photobucket.com/i...0Brotherhood/a-1.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/Ezio+armor+in+brotherhood+/Hero-Intern/Assassins%2520Creed%2520Brotherhood/a-1.jpg)

(Forgive my lack of a link, I am relatively new to these forums)

nightpriestess
11-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by shadowoflax2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nightpriestess:

...should I go hide?

Yes, because until Desmond looks like that. I dont want it. I enjoy the games due to the old world surroundings. If I wanted to shoot people I would go back to MW.

http://media.photobucket.com/i...0Brotherhood/a-1.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/Ezio+armor+in+brotherhood+/Hero-Intern/Assassins%2520Creed%2520Brotherhood/a-1.jpg)

(Forgive my lack of a link, I am relatively new to these forums) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because it might fully take place in the modern world doesn't mean it'll turn into a CoD game.

Manc_Prophecy
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by shadowoflax2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nightpriestess:

...should I go hide?

(Forgive my lack of a link, I am relatively new to these forums) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well this is exactly what I hope, I don't want Desmond running about with a AK47 but in Assassin robes doing some damage with his hidden blade. Bring the 1500's to 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Wind91
11-24-2010, 08:03 PM
im pretty sure a present day assassins creed will still involve swords, daggers, guns, and the hidden blade. i mean look at action movies.

Well they planned it as a trilogy and look at Brotherhood - Ubi said they wanna keep going with it as long as possible. What i think will happen is that they will conclude the "end of the world" ARC (yes im saying this going to be a long *** series that will have arcs).

But yeah, AC is going to have to take the plunge into present day and ditch the past. I mean you cannot keep pumping out games in random time zones, they have to be relevant and exciting. COnsidering the level of technology we've hit at renaissance it makes little sense to not be in the present now because you can incorporate a lot more. You can make AC3 take place across the world. but then with AC4,5,etc. go into specific countries or continents.

Radman500
11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by GREAZY_FINGAZZ:

why not.. desmond is the main character of the freakin series.... why do you want to play more ancestors...

Manc_Prophecy
11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Also does anyone know why Desmond and Ezio have the same scar on the same side of their lip???? Seems to strange to be a coincidence.

Radman500
11-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Hide Post
im pretty sure a present day assassins creed will still involve swords, daggers, guns, and the hidden blade. i mean look at action movies.

Well they planned it as a trilogy and look at Brotherhood - Ubi said they wanna keep going with it as long as possible. What i think will happen is that they will conclude the "end of the world" ARC (yes im saying this going to be a long *** series that will have arcs).

But yeah, AC is going to have to take the plunge into present day and ditch the past. I mean you cannot keep pumping out games in random time zones, they have to be relevant and exciting. COnsidering the level of technology we've hit at renaissance it makes little sense to not be in the present now because you can incorporate a lot more. You can make AC3 take place across the world. but then with AC4,5,etc. go into specific countries or continents.

do people not realize that Desmond is the main character of Assassins Creed....

flyingeaglemile
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
I would love a game with you playing Desmond most of the time, just they need to make a reason for why people won`t be using guns all of the time.

Radman500
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
its time we stop with the ancestors, and its timer we play as the real main character,desmond,...... sry but its time to continue the "true" plot instead of the animus stuff....

Wind91
11-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hide Post

do people not realize that Desmond is the main character of Assassins Creed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude my post was pro-Present Day Desmond...did you even read it lol?

if im gunna be blunt, i think anything besides doing modern day is going to be boring now. Reaissance italy was more or less the middle ground between past and present era, stop delaying ubi and let your imaginations run wild in constructing cities, hell make fictional ones.

Actually wait, Ubi can still do something in the past - The time of the Ancients themselves. THAT would be very interesting to see - take on the role of the Ancient that Desmond's family descended from and see their downfall, the plan for desmond, insuring humanities survival, etc.

ninja_7_7
11-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by EziosBlade2012:
Also does anyone know why Desmond and Ezio have the same scar on the same side of their lip???? Seems to strange to be a coincidence.
And Altair because they are all ancestors. They put that in to just tie all of them together.

Keksus
11-24-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm waiting for a Desmond only AC since AC1. This could be the Splinter Cell Conviction which they first announced. Open World, hunted by everyone, social stealth would be really necessary because he will only have his hidden blade. This would be awesome.

AnthonyA85
11-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I agree with everyone who's pro-Desmond.

I mean, think about it. The series is ultimately about HIM, he's done all the training he needs with Ezio, Altair was the treasure hunt/familiarize him (and us) with the Animus.

What would be the piont of using a third ancestor now that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond has what he and the others were looking for? - Ezio's PoE- </span> and even if they did use a third ancestor, which century would it be set in? Most likely 18th/19th/early 20th at the latest.

But all the nah-sayers are going to have to face up to the possibility that eventually, we will have a mostly desmond-centric game, at least, an entirely desmond-centric game at most.

Squiddish
11-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
What would be the piont of using a third ancestor now that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond has what he and the others were looking for? - Ezio's PoE- </span>
This right here. The entire point of using the Animus was to find that, and now I see no real reason they need to keep using the Animus and reliving random Assassin's memories.

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I tell ya what I would like to see happen for the next (uber) installment.

We were trained as Altair and gradually more items and weapons and skills became useful and optional to us. This was left out a little in AC:2. Understandable, the devs want to move the story forward since we all know how to play. In AC:B, Ezio has now been at this a while, of course he is going to kick some serious ***, right?

With what folks have said so far, yes, this story is about Desmond. But let's not get stuck on character's here as they are merely tools or pawns in a very large game that someone in a business suit (or cardinal/ priest robe) is wearing. The story is saving humanities God-given rights, imho. It's not just about one person. While I will agree that the training has been with strictly Desmond and is such, crafting him into quite a useful tool, I don't think it really matter whether it's Desmond next, Ezio again or someone else.

In fact, I'd like to see the game progress through the era's in time as it seems to have started doing. Look at the invention of gun powder weapons in this game. The times they are a changing! I think eventually we may see a modern day AC game with Desmond taking the lead role. But between now and the renaissance era, show much has happened that I am sure the development and script team have endless amounts of options for us.

But for the next game, I think it certainly would be nice to put Ezio into the "Epic/ Legendary" category. Let's give him a seat. Hell, he was made head of the order, so why should he do all the running around now, he is going to be a lot more busy managing than he will roof-top running. I like that he stands by his people and fights for them by their side. But I don't think it would do harm for him to do so next. Like in Metal Gear Solid 2. Yeah a lot of people hated not playing as Solid Snake. But by the dev team putting SS into the back seat, it actually kind of immortalized his character. Why not do this with Ezio? Perhaps Ezio could train a new recruit (us) in the next game and it would run along the lines of AC:1, whereas the more sequences we did, the more utilities, weapons and skills we learned. I'd love to see that happen.

No, I'm not sick of Ezio. I love the little Ital. It was hard to come to the end of AC:B for me as I really get into great games like reading a good book. I'm not sure I'm ready to let go of him or the renaissance era either. But either way, I think these games will only get better.

Sparty2020
11-24-2010, 11:59 PM
DespodentSoul has a point. The time gap is too large. We can't go from ACB where only the extremely rare and elite Papal Guards had single-shot pistols to where every bloke on the street is carrying a magnum. We can't just jump from horses to motorcycles out of nowhere and where the Assassins had a global organization and the Templars were annihilated in Italy to where the Templars literally rule the world and the Assassins are nearly extinct.

What I'm saying is we need a middle ground, somewhere to have us just relax and get used to the idea of that the art, science, philosophy, religion, and society as a whole had not only drastically changed but why it has changed so much. The only time period after the Renaissance that had such a drastic overhaul would be the Enlightenment period and it's also the one the fans have been asking for the most.

I understand we will eventually get a Desmond-centric game, and though I won't like it (I was one of the people who got hooked on the game after the first trailer. Before this whole modern-period story became apparent) I will accept it. But we still need a middle ground to show us fans how much the game can change and the Enlightenment era will be fantastic. Every soldier had a musket, officers had pistols and swords, and it is on par with the Renaissance in Humanistic accomplishments.

Just one more ancestor game and I will accept Desmond's story. Even if it will be similar to an Uncharted or Splinter Cell game. Besides, we can still play as Desmond. The modern story-line is extremely complex and deeply layered. We can do what we did in ACB and simply solve one or more of those layers (The PoE for example) and save the rest for later.

tyrce111
11-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Ubisoft has confirmed that all AC games will feture a new ancester(besides ACB)...

But I am hungry for more desmond and hope he makes the same amount of screen time as ACB...
It was resonable screentime with some good missions and it was still leaning to the ezio side of the game which is what I like about it...

RomanDozer
11-25-2010, 02:33 AM
The email that Shaun sends out to the group (Lucy, Rebbecca and Desmond) tells about different guilds left. One in Dallas (US), one in Japan, one in Moscow and South America (Sao Palo it was?). But all those places could see a release title with us taking on the role of an assassin at a location.

Look at how stupendous the architecture was in the AC games. Now let's go to Moscow... the Kremlin...the Red Square. Gawd, to even be able to see those drawn in game and be able to platform up them, on them, etc. Now that would truly be worthy of an AC title release. Who says we'd have to play someone that spoke Russian too? I'm sure there are multiple ethnic races mixed in with guilds all over the world, wherever the guilds may be. Look at Desmond's group. Italian, asian, european and american (Lucy is? dunno) But anyhow, ya see the point.

As I don't see the games main character steering away from Desmond, we might be able to play as someone in one of those locations, running an Animus as Desmond. Perhaps there's more PoE's out there and other groups have been researching into them. (Shaun said he think the team found yet ANOTHER piece?) It's getting more and more exciting and I love the dual story/ layer mode being done. There's so much space to fill between Ezio's last memory sync up to the team finding the Apple.

I wouldn't mind being in Sao Palo or Japan or Moscow. Bring it on Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Manc_Prophecy
11-25-2010, 06:06 AM
****EDITED****

Apparently there WILL be an assassin's Creed next year from this source.

Assassin’s Creed 4 is coming next year. We had heard there would be a break after Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (out on Friday) and Assassin’s Creed 2 which only came out last year but it seems Ubisoft has changed its mind. CEO Yves Guillemot told investors yesterday: “There will be something around Assassin’s [next year].” So not details but we’re told that we’ll hear about Assassin’s Creed 4 in January. Hit the headlines and head for the comments to tell us where you want Assassin’s Creed 4 to go. We’d love to see a more modern take on the assassins.

Wind91
11-25-2010, 06:59 AM
it's either the 3DS game or something for PSP 2 maybe?

I seriously feel like they need to upgrade the games engine for the next installment which would mean (unless AC3 has been worked on simultaneously with ACB) that 2012 is when it's coming out.

You guys have to realize - you cant keep AC in the past with people just viewing memories, what's the point? Desmond is a Master Assassin in skill now and knowledge. In order for the series to remain fresh you HAVE to set it in "present/future" and start crafting their own modern world. THe existence of Abstergo allows for fictional places, events, objects, etc.

Chariflame
11-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Whether you like it or not, Desmond is the main character of the series. I admit he wasn't been the most likable character in the first few games and he felt rather bland compared to Altair and Ezio, but that was the point. He's coming into his own now, he has the skills and his personality is developing in leaps and bounds. Once he becomes his own character fully and not just attached to the other two Assassins, I bet everyone you'll like him a whole lot more.

Personally he's my favourite character, and I can't wait for more installments to see how he develops with the 2012 storyline.

Manc_Prophecy
11-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Wind91:
it's either the 3DS game or something for PSP 2 maybe?

I seriously feel like they need to upgrade the games engine for the next installment which would mean (unless AC3 has been worked on simultaneously with ACB) that 2012 is when it's coming out.

You guys have to realize - you cant keep AC in the past with people just viewing memories, what's the point? Desmond is a Master Assassin in skill now and knowledge. In order for the series to remain fresh you HAVE to set it in "present/future" and start crafting their own modern world. THe existence of Abstergo allows for fictional places, events, objects, etc.

Well apparently they are bringing the next one out next year for the PS3, X-Box 360 and PC.

They did say there was going to be a break after AC: Brotherhood, but changed their mind a few days before AC: Brotherhood was released.

FANIS1993
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
first of all the game had main character desmond and not altair or ezio, we have been playing so much with altair and ezio that we forgot who was the main character in the main story. so i think in the next game we will be playing or with desmond or with someone else like desmond son or something.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 02:11 PM
It is kind funny how everyone keeps trying to keep going foward in time. A person from Ubisoft has said that want to stick with the times around altair and enzio and that the next one could end up being between altair and enzio's time.