PDA

View Full Version : No Subtitles is Frustrating.

Septhazor
11-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Title speaks for itself, hard to follow the damn story without it.

I'm sure it only applies to a small minority but still. The option should be there at least. I have NO idea what's going on, just sort of running around an impressed with the graphics and gameplay style. Bar the part where the game only froze once.

><

WTB Subtitles pretty please ^^

NorthernAvengeR
11-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Especially annoying when the camera angle changes and the sound gets muffled. "Say what?"

Malmer_DK
11-21-2007, 02:24 AM
That's weird, I've got no problems following the conversations, and my native language isn't even English, but Danish...

paperwingsra
11-21-2007, 02:44 AM
i have no problem hearing anything at all ... subtitles i feel are unnecessary ... i mean seriously you could hear a lady crying for help from behind 2 buildings in a crowded street with people begging you for money while a cutscene going on...

pillaysteven
11-21-2007, 03:01 AM
subtitles i feel are unnecessary

I think they should be there during all the story cut-scenes, all the investigation cut-scenes and all the post-assassination cut-scenes (ie. any cut-scene with anything to do with the progression of the story)

There are one or two deaf/partially deaf people on the forum who can't fully enjoy the game because of the absence of subtitles.

I think it is unfair to alienate these people when almost every single other game/dvd have subtitles.

paperwingsra
11-21-2007, 03:03 AM
i was just saying that for my purposes subtiles arent necessary ... im not deaf or partially deaf

but i did wonder why there wasnt a subtitle option...

oregan_c
11-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Guys there was a tread about this a few days ago

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4691016806

Quite a few people asking for subtitles... you can sign the petition asking for subtitles at

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/assassinscreed/index.html

Sorrogatez
11-21-2007, 05:13 AM
yeah true,
btw does the game lack ingame music? its all silent with no music till u start a fight. =\

avsrule247
11-21-2007, 05:50 AM
The conversations were very slow and clear voices, I don't see how it was hard to follow the story.

Septhazor
11-21-2007, 07:05 AM
That's besides the point.

I don't care if its slow and clear. I still don't pick up or rather comprehend the sounds. Sure, I can HEAR it, But I don't understand it. Its like black and white movies. You can see the picture, but it's not colour, you can't grasp the full detail of it.

That's what my hearing is like. Subtitles helps put the colour into the black and white image.
That's why we want subtitiles. So we can follow the story in a colourful image.

Cheers
Dan

NorthernAvengeR
11-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I have no problem with hearing, it's just when the camera angle sometimes makes the sound muffled and you might miss a few words.