PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Deicated Server Help!

master_Shake__
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey all,

I was trying to workout setting up a dedicated server for our squad and was hoping someone could share their experience. I'm trying to setup a server that could host possibly up to 100 players!!! I realize requirements would be fairly high. Questions are:

1. What are bandwidth requirements? I currently have cable setup with consistent 7mbps down 5mbps upload speeds. I will most likely upgrade which will approx. double that. Just wondering what baseline bandwidth usage is.

2. Would there be an advantage to running on IL-2 DS on Server 2003? I think that OS is optimized for high data throughput, better than XP Client?

3. 4GB ram enough?

Thanks in advance for any help!

~S~

master_Shake__
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey all,

I was trying to workout setting up a dedicated server for our squad and was hoping someone could share their experience. I'm trying to setup a server that could host possibly up to 100 players!!! I realize requirements would be fairly high. Questions are:

1. What are bandwidth requirements? I currently have cable setup with consistent 7mbps down 5mbps upload speeds. I will most likely upgrade which will approx. double that. Just wondering what baseline bandwidth usage is.

2. Would there be an advantage to running on IL-2 DS on Server 2003? I think that OS is optimized for high data throughput, better than XP Client?

3. 4GB ram enough?

Thanks in advance for any help!

~S~

master_Shake__
09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Oh, one more question. would there be an advantage to running it on a linux server?