PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it better to sell addon in this way?

FatBoyHK
05-01-2006, 09:07 AM
I think Oleg should spare all those "free" planes already released (tempest and Ju88 and MCs, Ki100, etc etc), combine them with the Pe2 and the coming addons, and release just one paid addon, using tradional channel (i.e. in CD, with box and manual)... Name it with a fancy name....then charge it at, let's say, US$30.

I am sure I will sell much better than Pe2, IL10 and 1946 COMBINED.

I don't know why they can't realize this idea...

flakwagen
05-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I would like to buy all three at once as well, so I plan to wait until all three are out until I buy any of them.

Flak

FatBoyHK
05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
i mean, a good developer is one thing, a sustainable business is another. I will buy whatever oleg release to the market, no question asked, I think we already owe oleg so much....

but not everyone has the right mind, some people are greedy, they want free stuff, if you give them free stuff they want more, and take it for granted.

and we have another group of people who are not yet ready for electronic purchase, they want a CD and a manual

and we have yet another group of people who think USD $20 is to much to ask for, for a couple of planes they have no interest in...

By combining more contents into one addon, you generate more interest. If there is not enough content, spare the 4.0 FM and put it in this addon. I think there will be no excuse not to buy this addon, unless you have no interest in this game anymore.

with more $$$ you can develop another addon, think about flyable US bomber??? flyable US trop bomber??? excellent stop-gaps before BoB.... (or we actually don't need BoB for another 3 years)

_VR_ScorpionWorm
05-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Problem is, I believe its up to Ubi to decide how its distributed since they are after all.. the distrubuter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FatBoyHK
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
then I would say, although it is an UBI forum, that it is the stupidty of UBI they is killing 1d and this game as a whole.

but i think it was 1c that decided to release as much content for free.

Viper2005_
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Look at the number of people who have purchased the "complete edition" despite already owning all of the content it contains.

It's not very hard to imagine a "complete complete" edition to finish the series. Why sell something once when you can sell it twice?

Xiolablu3
05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Good post Fatboy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jasonbirder
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
that it is the stupidty of UBI they is killing 1d and this game as a whole

How are they killing it...by continuing to support and release content for a game this old...

Well carry on Killing it if thats what it means...

I hope they murder it with the release of the Il10/Manchuria add on...

and absolutely destroy it with the release of the VVS46 add on...

FatBoyHK
05-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Viper2005_:
Look at the number of people who have purchased the "complete edition" despite already owning all of the content it contains.

It's not very hard to imagine a "complete complete" edition to finish the series. Why sell something once when you can sell it twice?

no you missed my point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I mean oleg can generate signifiantly more money by releasing new content for a price. There were tons of new stuff released in the last couple of year, that can actually be bundled into one or two add-ons.

instead of going this way, they do it in the opposite way, by releasing small add-ons. The first 2 of them are not heavy enough in their contents to generate too much attention, frankly.

Lucky you will need the first 2 to get the last one, which is quite attractive IMHO, othewrwise it will certianly be a failure in term of business result for 1C

and yes, how many people will buy the complete edition when they have them all already? Very few I am sure....

FatBoyHK
05-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by jasonbirder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that it is the stupidty of UBI they is killing 1d and this game as a whole

How are they killing it...by continuing to support and release content for a game this old...

Well carry on Killing it if thats what it means...

I hope they murder it with the release of the Il10/Manchuria add on...

and absolutely destroy it with the release of the VVS46 add on... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UBI did almost nothing to support the game. IC did all the stuff.

not to mention the unmentionable scandal UBI committed against 1C....

No601_prangster
05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Remember these are Russian add-ons intended for the Russian market and will have made a profit for Oleg in that market alone.

They are only being released in the west due to demand from you and me on these forums. How ever many they sell or don't sell in the west wont determine if the add-ons have been a flop or not as the income from UBI will just be extra profit for Maddox Games.

FatBoyHK
05-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by No601_prangster:
Remember these are Russian add-ons intended for the Russian market and will have made a profit for Oleg in that market alone.

They are only being released in the west due to demand from you and me on these forums. How ever many they sell or don't sell in the west wont determine if the add-ons have been a flop or not as the income from UBI will just be extra profit for Maddox Games.

lol, you guy keep missing my points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jatro13th
05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I think that Fatboy wants to say that although Ubi did support the game, it simply could do better by simple reasoning.

Erm, I hope I am not mistaken...

Xiolablu3
05-02-2006, 12:55 PM
If 1C could get their own online delivery system going, they could cut UBI out of the link entirely and gain much greater share of the profit

The current amount per CD sold which goes to the developers is shocking.
If you have ever seen the pie chart showing how much each party gets from a CD/DVD game, you will know how UBI will take the lions share from 1C.

An online delivery system, once made and the teething troubles ironed out (a very painful process), would be a great investment for the future.

WTE_Galway
05-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
If 1C could get their own online delivery system going, they could cut UBI out of the link entirely and gain much greater share of the profit

The current amount per CD sold which goes to the developers is shocking.
If you have ever seen the pie chart showing how much each party gets from a CD/DVD game, you will know how UBI will take the lions share from 1C.

An online delivery system, once made and the teething troubles ironed out (a very painful process), would be a great investment for the future.

there is already something unexplained and odd going on with 1C products like the complete DVD and PE2 addons banned from selling in the american market .. the UBI/1C relationship is one of those mysteries of life we likely will never understand

however I suspect direct sales from russia will probably lock 1C into a reducing market and in the case of BoB guarantee minimal market penetration