PDA

View Full Version : Black Water in game

FA_FLY2006
03-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Could someone please help me.

I am running a WinFast PX7900 GTX video card.
I am getting black water in my game.
Wonder if someone may no how to fix it.
I have put my water up from 1-4 and all the same. Everything else looks great just a problem with the water.

Thank You.

FA_FLY

FritzGryphon
03-18-2006, 11:10 PM
And some people say that oil is running out.

major_setback
03-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Post this question in the 'Community Help' forum, here's the link to it:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=49310655

zoinks_
03-19-2006, 12:56 PM
do you have "use stencil buffer" checked in il2 setup?

Hoatee
03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
It's possible that OpenGL rendering is switched off or your graphics card is not OpenGL compatible.

sparrow420
03-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Hmmm... Did you try to modify the contrast curve on your graphic card...?

On Nvidia:
right click the icon in the task bar, choose color correction, goto "Color Profile" and select "Advanced mode". The default line is a linear trend, but this may not be what you want.

If you make the curve first rise sharply and then more slowly, then contrast in the dark colors is enhanced resulting in more details. Similarly, if you want to see more details in the "whites" then make sure that the last part of the curve rises a bit more sharply than usual.

You can do this for all colors, but also for individual colors, changing the balance a little.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sparrow

Can_Goose
03-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I had the same problem with my evga 7800gt 256 sli.Quick fix is to change from perfect mode to excellent.I finally got perfect mode working, how I am not sure.I was trying different card settings in the setup.exe.I think when I tried maximum settings ran the program, quit then went back to my noramal video card settings the problem disappeared.

knightflyte
03-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh, black water.... keep on rolling
Mississippi moon, won't you keep on shinin' on me.

Oh, not THAT black water...........

In the immortal words of Emily Litella:.........."never mind."