PDA

View Full Version : new stick qustion.advise please

fordfan25
09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
my Logitech E3d pro is on the fritz again and instead of returning it to walmart for the 4th time im thinking of geting a sitech cyborg "i think is the name". as far as a low cost flight stick goes how is it? its the only other one i can find at any store were i live and i cant afford one of those costly ones.the cyborg is about 30.00 dollers U.S.

fordfan25
09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
my Logitech E3d pro is on the fritz again and instead of returning it to walmart for the 4th time im thinking of geting a sitech cyborg "i think is the name". as far as a low cost flight stick goes how is it? its the only other one i can find at any store were i live and i cant afford one of those costly ones.the cyborg is about 30.00 dollers U.S.

carguy_
09-24-2004, 03:10 PM
The cyborg is a little old,get Evo instead.Always an improvement and people say good things about it.

Fox_4
09-24-2004, 03:21 PM
There's the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold USB, the older Saitek stick (but still VERY good) and the new one, the Saitek Cyborg Evo. I chose the 3D Gold over the Evo when I bought a new joystick at the start of the year. The Evo has a fairly light base, which isn't so good if you want to sit the joystick on your lap when you use it, as I do. Plus I knew how sturdy the 3D Gold was, that it would last a long time before breaking in some way - simply because it had been out a fairly long time. The Evo was new, so nobody had tested it to destruction yet and I was apprehensive that it might be flimsier than its older brother

I think you'll be very happy with either the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold or the Cyborg Evo. It may simply come down to whichever you can find on sale - the 3D Gold is getting harder to find on sale. It's nice when the choice is between two very good joysticks, rather than deciding which one is bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fordfan25
09-24-2004, 03:50 PM
thanks guys. i not sure wich version it is but i cant see how it could be worse than this logitech iv got now lol.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.is there a version that i should stay away from?

Mashie_Nibblick
09-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Check E-Bay. You never know when someone might be selling a M$ FFB2. Best cheap stick ever created by humankind. And no, you can't have mine.

Tully__
09-24-2004, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
...is there a version that i should stay away from? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any four axis or better (has throttle & rudder) USB Saitek stick should serve you well. The Cyborg 3D Gold and Evo both have fairly good reputations, but I'd suggest the Evo as it seems to have slightly better quality switches and pots in it.

fordfan25
09-25-2004, 01:14 AM
thanks guys for the help. ill see what i can find.i wish 2 years ago when i walked into walmart the day after i got my first pc i would have picked up the MS sidewinder next to the logitech wingman but what did i know.2 years and 4 or five logitechs later im a little wiser......well maby not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif