PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Stab and Vista

skissors
12-04-2007, 04:57 AM
I've done a search and i'm unable to find how to get IL2 stab working with Vista 32bit.

I have extracted it to the c: drive not under program files.

When I try to run the program I get an error saying "Program has not been installed properly please run setup again"

When I run setup nothing happens. I have changed the compaitablity mode and ran it as Administrator, still nothing.

Anybody had the same problem or managed to get it working.

Cheers

mortoma
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Why everybody is rushing to Vista I'll never know. Escpecially when XP, along with good 3rd party software is bullet-proof.

But in any case, I think the installer for Stab does indeed want to put the program in Program Files directory. If I were you I'd contact the author to ask what if anything, can be done.
I have written Matt several times and he answers within a day usually. He has always helped me.

skissors
12-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Yep I prefer XP, But vista came with my new PC.
You Know MS will make sure you will have to have it sooner or later like they did with XP and every other OS before that.

Amyways

I found out what the problem is.

If you run IL2stab.exe before you run setup.exe then setup.exe will not execute when you go to run it. You have to delete the stab folder and extract it again making sure you run the setup file only.

Not sure if this is a Vista thing or not.

Cheers

mortoma
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Ya know actually I ran Win 98 exclusively with few problems up until May of this year!! So MS tries to make you run the newest but they can''t really make you. I bought a new laptop with WinXP Media Center on it so now I have XP but still run Win98 on my desktop and 1946 runs well on it!!

I have never run IL-2 series on anything but Win98, believe it or not. And really, it's hard to believe but I can run all most of the newer programs and multi-media on Win98 too. It still does everything but I would no longer wish to have it only. Glad I have XP on my laptop.