PDA

View Full Version : Things to remember when doing your own testing in Il2

PBNA-Boosher
02-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Since everyone here has something to complain about, I figure we should make the complaints as legitimate as possible. SO- I think it would be great if we could put together a list of things to do in order to make sure you've tested properly. I'll input mine. Maybe if the Mods sticky this we can get rid of half the threads here and they can be reposted in organized debates.

1. The CRIMEA map is the test map. It has the conditions set for testing. It has pretty much always been this way.

2. One document is barely proof. If you have nothing to back up that document, there is no reason to believe the argument. Provide multiple examples to prove your point.

3. Record a track when you test. It's just a good idea. This way people can check how you tested. Maybe your plane was trimmed improperly, maybe you counted too fast?

4. As well as tracks, in game screenshots help too. If it's a DM question, having Arcade mode on to check the bullet and cannon blasts and damage is helpful.

5. Be polite.

6. Remember that supposed bugs should be submitted with all the supporting data to Oleg himself via e-mail, and this way he and his team can personally check the problem, if there is a problem.

7. If it's a handling problem, play around with your joystick settings. You never know, that might just be your problem.

8. We have a community help forum for some help with tech support. These guys know what they're doing, trust them.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

PBNA-Boosher
02-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Since everyone here has something to complain about, I figure we should make the complaints as legitimate as possible. SO- I think it would be great if we could put together a list of things to do in order to make sure you've tested properly. I'll input mine. Maybe if the Mods sticky this we can get rid of half the threads here and they can be reposted in organized debates.

1. The CRIMEA map is the test map. It has the conditions set for testing. It has pretty much always been this way.

2. One document is barely proof. If you have nothing to back up that document, there is no reason to believe the argument. Provide multiple examples to prove your point.

3. Record a track when you test. It's just a good idea. This way people can check how you tested. Maybe your plane was trimmed improperly, maybe you counted too fast?

4. As well as tracks, in game screenshots help too. If it's a DM question, having Arcade mode on to check the bullet and cannon blasts and damage is helpful.

5. Be polite.

6. Remember that supposed bugs should be submitted with all the supporting data to Oleg himself via e-mail, and this way he and his team can personally check the problem, if there is a problem.

7. If it's a handling problem, play around with your joystick settings. You never know, that might just be your problem.

8. We have a community help forum for some help with tech support. These guys know what they're doing, trust them.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

edgflyer
02-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Instead of testing and saying this is wrong and this is wrong why not accept that this a balanced sim now for both sides (Red and Blue) and let it go at that. Geez, it just got updated. lol

jds1978
02-10-2006, 09:47 AM
nice post Boosher/Moz-us

edgflyer: whats wrong with correcting mistakes?
i understand your sentiment though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif...often people fly off the handle, jump to conclusions and start a ridiculous flame war which is just counterproductive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
02-10-2006, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgflyer:
Instead of testing and saying this is wrong and this is wrong why not accept that this a balanced sim now for both sides (Red and Blue) and let it go at that. Geez, it just got updated. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not about BALANCE, it's about correctness. Period.

Would you "balance it" so that a lowly Gladiator would have a chance against a La7? NO, one plane is an old biplane and the other represents late war technology at its finest. To listen to your line of reasoning, that's "not balanced". No, that's just how it WAS.

People should test these FMs because we're finding with alarming regularity that they're wrong, and for a variety of reasons. Some are clerical errors, some are across the board FM problems, some are "artistic license" to make some planes more or less than they were, artificially. The design team should be called on all of 'em.