PDA

View Full Version : Question aboot the AC2 Ending (YES I HAD TO OPEN THIS!)

TyronLeRoy
11-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Okay, a reviewer just came up to me and said "Hey, you were the guy that liked assassin's creed, right?"

So I replied... "That depends, you flea-infested gameshredding infidel.."

No. I replied: "Yes."

He said: "I played ACII. I like it. The ending sucks though. Even more than ACI. That sucks as well."

WITHOUT SPOILING THE FRIGGIN ENDING, could somebody please give me a simple yes/no answer as to the ending is is worth playing the entire game for? Or does the ending suck like in Assassin's Creed: AtaÔr's Chronicles?

Just a simple yes/no w/ maybe a few extra words.
No spoilers.

PS
I did not think the ACI ending sucked. I spent the last 1 1/2 year drawing occult symbols and figuring about "Artifacts sent to the skies to control us all", as well as theories and Quetzalcoatl and Emperor Jiajing..

PS 2
If you completed ACI and you do not know what my PS is talking about, and you claim the story sucks - you have not been paying attention.

Just saying.

Airadan
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
I dont think that guy would even know the ending. They only let reviwers play the first few bits. I guess you will find out in a few days though. The ending will probably be posted on the forums.

DimmuB0rgir
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Havent finished it yet but I assume he means it sucks because it probally leaves you on another cliffhanger - like AC1 did.

An_Idea
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
i happened to like ac1's ending

ForsakenMessiah
11-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Airadan:
I dont think that guy would even know the ending. They only let reviwers play the first few bits. I guess you will find out in a few days though. The ending will probably be posted on the forums.

Thats for a preview, they play the full game for a review

l Khasim l
11-17-2009, 03:24 AM
I'll quote myself from another thread.
Ending of AC1 makes you think "damn, the ending sucks, give me AC2!".
Ending of AC2 makes you think "DAMN, the ending ROCKS, I want AC3 so much!".
That's how I view it.

TyronLeRoy
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Khasim83:
I'll quote myself from another thread.
Ending of AC1 makes you think "damn, the ending sucks, give me AC2!".
Ending of AC2 makes you think "DAMN, the ending ROCKS, I want AC3 so much!".
That's how I view it.

That works.
Thanks for clearing that up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kleaneasy
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Airadan:
I dont think that guy would even know the ending. They only let reviwers play the first few bits.

Not entirely true, if itís a preview they'll have access to a set portion of the game depending on the stage of development. If itís a review they usually get a retail version of the game, however these donít generally go out until the last week so itís unlikely anyoneís had time to finish the game at this point unless they hammered it and totally ignored any of the non story portions of the game.

RogueNinjar
11-21-2009, 04:46 AM
I personally enjoyed both endings, keeps you thrilled for the next one.

Also, it opens up your mind, what will happen next? What do certain things mean?

For example, after AC1, I spent several weeks coming up with ideas on what everything meant.

Sad? Maybe, but I enjoy games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JudgeQwerty
11-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Its a lot like the last section in AC1, where its strictly medieval action and mundane conspiracies right up until you actually SEE what the Piece of Eden does.

The ACII ending pretty much kicks it into Star Wars territory. Otherwise, the game is also mostly sword and intrigue up until the final batte.