PDA

View Full Version : Perfect solutions...............

Real720
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM

Real720
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
In the final version of the game, in both single and multiplayer, there shouldn't be 3rd person view available for places other than corners. For example, 3rd person view shouldn't be used to cover behind flipped over tables and whatnot, as seen in the e3 demo.
Why? Because it lets the players see waaaaay too much.

Also, blind firing should NOT be in the game at all!

eliek02
06-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Why should there be limits on the single player views? People should play the game how they want to play it, I don't see how it hurts or affects anyone else.

As for multiplayer, hell at least give the option to toggle it on or off, And if people would play smart and use the tools available there shouldn't even be a problem for the most part.

You didn't even give a single reason at all why things should be restricted so how can you call these solutions perfect, perfect for who?

Real720
06-03-2006, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eliek02:
Why should there be limits on the single player views? People should play the game how they want to play it, I don't see how it hurts or affects anyone else.

As for multiplayer, hell at least give the option to toggle it on or off, And if people would play smart and use the tools available there shouldn't even be a problem for the most part.

You didn't even give a single reason at all why things should be restricted so how can you call these solutions perfect, perfect for who? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you read? I said EXCEPT FOR CORNERS!!!! Reason? Didn't you see the E3 demo? The player was able to see waaaaaaaay too much by covering/blind firing behind a fu****g table! And who you ask? Are you new around these forums?

eliek02
06-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I saw the E3 demo videos and saw nothing wrong with the crouch/cover combat view. Perspective-wise it's consistent with the field of vision when standing in corner mode. I don't see why only one form should be allowed but not the other.

And on the subject of blind firing what were your reasons against having it in the game?

silentassasin05
06-04-2006, 03:13 PM
In multiplayer, what should happen is when you go up to a corner, it should still go to 3rd person but a close up of the face. The camera would only pan round the corner, thus allowing you to see whats round it, if, and only if, you peer round the corner, and leaving yourself open to an attack. This would near enough stop future corner-campers.

Th3sandman2005
06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I agree with the having to stick your head around a corner to see, and they should at least take the reticule out of shooting over the table and limit how much of the room you can see...make the guy way less accurate so you could rush him in a reload.
But I think the game is basicly finished except for testing and they're not changing a thing.Just hope it does'nt s..k

Real720
06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eliek02:
I saw the E3 demo videos and saw nothing wrong with the crouch/cover combat view. Perspective-wise it's consistent with the field of vision when standing in corner mode. I don't see why only one form should be allowed but not the other.

And on the subject of blind firing what were your reasons against having it in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be serious about what you said...............

SirJOW
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silentassasin05:
In multiplayer, what should happen is when you go up to a corner, it should still go to 3rd person but a close up of the face. The camera would only pan round the corner, thus allowing you to see whats round it, if, and only if, you peer round the corner, and leaving yourself open to an attack. This would near enough stop future corner-campers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BRAVO! That was about the shortest and best post I've ever read about this subject! Thank you for saying coherently what many of us could have never said!

Unfortunately, I think Ubisoft is going to ruin this game for the 3rd time! I mean, if they don't do it the way you suggest (which I think they won't do) many people will be encouraged (or FORCED) to camp corners. I mean, think about it; who wants to walk into an "empty" room where your opponent can see you coming and you can't see him because he can see you without poking his head out! This is what made R63 and BA so great in this respect. You could look around corners but still get seen and shot (by someone with keen senses/eyesight).

Grrr, I'm dashing my own hopes for this possibly awesome title AGAIN http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Anyway, Silentassassin, you need to post that PERFECT suggestion in its own thread and write UBISOFT a letter! They must do this! This would solve the problem and hopefully make this the best Rainbow Six Title ever!

eliek02
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
<span class="ev_code_yellow">[FLAME REMOVED]</span>

eliek02
06-05-2006, 06:47 PM
<span class="ev_code_yellow">[FLAME REMOVED]</span>

If you disagree you disagree, fine. Respond properly. I said what I said from experience of other games with similar cover systems and viewpoints in addition to my analyzation of the demo videos.

<span class="ev_code_yellow">If you can't follow the rules, you will not be welcomed back.
-Rage</span>

Jermtheory
06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
i fail to see how corner peeking in 3rd is any better than doing it behind any other type of cover,both are cheap imo[atleast for mp].

SirJOW
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jermtheory:
i fail to see how corner peeking in 3rd is any better than doing it behind any other type of cover,both are cheap imo[atleast for mp]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And you SHOULDN'T! However, by this time you should have realized that the developers are HELLBENT on including 3rd person LEANS. And if this is what they want, this is the best way to allow it to be incorporated without damaging our REALISTIC gameplay from our BELOVED Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow!

And if you truly believe that Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow leaning is cheap (unrealistic) than you either need your head examined, are stuck in a wheelchair and need your head examined (also) because you want to be a "commando," or you're an unrealistic run-and-gun Halo fan! THIS GAME USED TO BE REALISTIC!!!! (Prior to Letdown) This game should continue to be realistic! Come on Ubi; I know all you care about are sales but do you think you can really top those Halo prepubescent punks? Give it up and charge more for your game for example; the TRUE FANS will pay it! Besides, I believe Lockdown's superior sales were based solely on the fact that many people had come to experience and love R63 and thought Lockdown was the next logical step. Unfortunately; YOU LET US ALL DOWN!

Be advised though, despite it all, that I have never been a lean walking/open lean proponent! I hate those CHEATING bastards! However, I'd rather deal with them than "3rd-person-see-through-wall dicks"!

Jermtheory
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirJOW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jermtheory:
i fail to see how corner peeking in 3rd is any better than doing it behind any other type of cover,both are cheap imo[atleast for mp]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And you SHOULDN'T! However, by this time you should have realized that the developers are HELLBENT on including 3rd person LEANS. And if this is what they want, this is the best way to allow it to be incorporated without damaging our REALISTIC gameplay from our BELOVED Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow!

And if you truly believe that Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow leaning is cheap (unrealistic) than you either need your head examined, are stuck in a wheelchair and need your head examined (also) because you want to be a "commando," or you're an unrealistic run-and-gun Halo fan! THIS GAME USED TO BE REALISTIC!!!! (Prior to Letdown) This game should continue to be realistic! Come on Ubi; I know all you care about are sales but do you think you can really top those Halo prepubescent punks? Give it up and charge more for your game for example; the TRUE FANS will pay it! Besides, I believe Lockdown's superior sales were based solely on the fact that many people had come to experience and love R63 and thought Lockdown was the next logical step. Unfortunately; YOU LET US ALL DOWN!

Be advised though, despite it all, that I have never been a lean walking/open lean proponent! I hate those CHEATING bastards! However, I'd rather deal with them than "3rd-person-see-through-wall dicks"! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh...?
i think 3rd person is weak.i think that being able to lean in 1st person is great.i also agree that the games are getting less and less realistic.

ive seen no reason to think that the 3rd person view wont be like all the others that allow you to "cheese" over/arround the cover[PDZ comes to mind with what their doing] and if i dont have the ability to lock it out in mp i wont be buying the game.