PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for bad night vision..?

Airmikey2
09-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I am really getting into this sim now.. Playing at 97% is a blast, especially with the RUb mod installed.. Cheers to you, Beery!!

But, I have a heck of a time seeing ships at night, are you guys doing anything that I am not? Is there a mod for lightening up the night sky..? Or are you playing as is..?

PS. Are there any other musthave mods besides Beery's RUb?

Airmikey

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-04-2005, 10:48 AM
RUB??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif What the bloody hell is that???

pmckelvy
09-04-2005, 11:08 AM
There are probably some gamma tricks you could use, not sure. But keep in mind that with the different moon phases/ weather, you can see better or worse. When I loaded up RUB I thoght the same but clear nights and a big happy moon and you'll be right as rain.

Mac out

1.JaVA_Hornet
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Are you ever been on sea at night????

Did you???

This is reality man!! At night without
moonlight you can`t see a hand 10 meters away.

Try playing without light on your room.

Mik1984
09-04-2005, 12:06 PM
true, true

One thing that irritates me is the fact that the ship recognition book is so bright in the contrast what see in the periscope. I have to cover it with my hand or close it to be able of focusing on anything else.

Airmikey2
09-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Yeah, that is part of the problem - hard to get eyes to readjust with the glare of the recognition book..

Thanks for the replies, just makin sure my monitor settings weren't abnormal or anything..

Thhx,
Airmikey

the_rydster
09-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Just ask your watch officer he will give you a good range and bearing. Similarly get the radio op to send a contact report.....he sends a good range and bearing to! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dominicrigg
09-04-2005, 02:38 PM
The patch 4b fixes the brightness of the id book.

Also turn up the brightness/gamma on your monitor, you can see the boats when your crew can if you do and it makes the spotting distances a more realistic few thousand metres rather then 50 feet.

Anton_Reinhold
09-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Speaking from experience, it is extremely difficult and sometimes impossible to see very far at night on moonless and/or starless nights. It can in fact be kind of scary standing watch on a small boat in a light fog when you are travelling at night and we had a working radar! This was at peace time, when everyone is SUPPOSED to have their running lights on. Of course in war time, they will be on a complete blackout. A good real life example that I can think of is when John F. Kennedy's PT-109 was rammed and sunk by a Japanese DD while they were patrolling amongst a chain of islands. Accordingly, they didn't see the DD until it was right on top of them, and on a PT Boat, almost the entire crew is on deck all the time, yet no one managed to see it or hear it until it was too late. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Kaleun1961
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm having the same trouble, so it is not just you. But, I've just started tinkering with the adjust buttons on my new 19" LCD and found a gamma adjust feature. Now I'm going to go on a night patrol and see how it works.