PDA

View Full Version : crossbow=lazy

Bigdreamer2
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I just noticed how easy the crossbow is always making me forget about the hidden blade and plus the fact you can counter with it. For example if I see an enemy runnin away from me after 2 seconds of chasin Im like forget this crossbow time. Dont get me wrong I like usin it but its makin me forget bout hidden blades

Rakudaton
01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bigdreamer2:
I just noticed how easy the crossbow is always making me forget about the hidden blade and plus the fact you can counter with it. For example if I see an enemy runnin away from me after 2 seconds of chasin Im like forget this crossbow time. Dont get me wrong I like usin it but its makin me forget bout hidden blades

Perhaps, but only so much as AC's throwing knives did the same. Both are always instant kills with 100% accuracy (except you have to hold the button for half a second with the crossbow), so really there's no difference. I suppose you can carry more bolts...

RedSpider
01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
You don't need to forget about hidden blades. Crossbows are cool and i've been using them a lot, but each weapon should be used when necessary. E.g. It's a waste of ammo to use the crossbow when you can just easily go and stab someone.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RedSpider
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton: Both are always instant kills with 100% accuracy
Not always with the throwing knives. Sometimes they must be hit twice.

Rakudaton
01-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by RedSpider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton: Both are always instant kills with 100% accuracy
Not always with the throwing knives. Sometimes they must be hit twice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only in AC2 and ACB. In AC, all guards -- bar the 100 templars and 10 or so assassination targets -- would be killed in a single shot.

YHHTQ
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedSpider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton: Both are always instant kills with 100% accuracy
Not always with the throwing knives. Sometimes they must be hit twice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only in AC2 and ACB. In AC, all guards -- bar the 100 templars and 10 or so assassination targets -- would be killed in a single shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regular guards die with only one throwing knife I believe, including brutes... I dunno about the Papal Guard though.

Drakonous505
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
It can be but there just a bad *** feeling when you use three throwing knives to take out 3 out of 4 guards then quickly pulling out your crossbow to finish off the straggler.

DeanOMiite
01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Ezio is pretty over powered in and of himself. As much as I love playing as Ezio in both game, the whole experience is pretty devoid of any real challenge. I have never died from combat wounds in AC2 or ACB...not once, not ever. His counters, his insta-kill throwing knives, his GUN!? It's all too easy. You don't even really ever have to worry about being notorious because the guards can't kill you and your 15 medicine vials.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that most of what you do is Ezio is outrageously easy...but at least it's fun. It was worse with Altair, the first time I played the game, I pretty much just barged in after every assassination target, killed all his guards, then killed him. No thought or anything, I just went all Schwarzenegger on everybody. But that left me feeling disappointed so the second time through I played more stealthy and I enjoyed it more. It was the same thing with AC2, I forced myself to use only hidden blade and stealth assassinations as often as possible so that I could enjoy the game as much as possible. I was really happy to see how ACB introduced the partial synch options for not doing things the way Ezio did/would have done.