PDA

View Full Version : Hey, the 2.04 Server file is broken

Patches30
04-19-2007, 11:23 PM
I've been playing IL-2 for years. I've hosted several servers. For all this time, for some reason I've always required the 2.04 server file in order to set up a server. This file has not once, ever worked, in years. All of your mirrors also have the same file.

Anyhow, it says "Unexpected end of archive" on one of the font files in /lib.

If you do not want to release a complete server package and I do have to continue patching from 2.04 all the way to 4.08, at least check to make sure your files are good. As it stands I have to waste hours going from 1.11 up.

--Model299

Patches30
04-19-2007, 11:23 PM
I've been playing IL-2 for years. I've hosted several servers. For all this time, for some reason I've always required the 2.04 server file in order to set up a server. This file has not once, ever worked, in years. All of your mirrors also have the same file.

Anyhow, it says "Unexpected end of archive" on one of the font files in /lib.

If you do not want to release a complete server package and I do have to continue patching from 2.04 all the way to 4.08, at least check to make sure your files are good. As it stands I have to waste hours going from 1.11 up.

--Model299

dbillo
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
As far as I can determine, the missing files are only the map files, filesserver.SFS, and the font file. They can be copied from your game installation, at any point in the server patching process that corresponds to the working game version you have installed.

For example, if you are going to patch the server up to 4.08, then just start with the corrupt 2.04 install, apply all the patches up to 4.08, then copy all the map files from your 4.08 game folder to the server folder.

The map files are in the main folder, and are named:

fb_maps.SFS
fb_maps01.SFT
all the way up to
fb_maps14.SFS for 4.08

The filesserver.SFS file should get updated with every patch, so it should be fine, but if it were missing, you could copy files.SFS from the game and rename it. I don't think the font file is even used by the server, but it too can be copied from the game.

I've been running a server since August after doing the foregoing fix and haven't had any problems.