PDA

View Full Version : Graduating From X-45 to X-52

DrHerb
03-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi guys,

My Saitek X-45 is pretty much giving up the ghost, main trigger is pretty much inop, spiking on all axis, throttle wont fully open or close, generally its all worn out.

My question is if I buy an X-52, do I have to remap all my controls and reconfigure my newview2 setup or do you think it will require just minor adjustments?

*EDIT* Just had a thought, I have a Sidewinder non ffb stick lying around, could anyone guide me as to how to set it up to work with the x45 throttle?

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
To use the sidewinder with the throttle, just plug in the sidewinder, set the x45 stick to the side, go to HOTAS section and remap all the axis and set the buttons how you please and off you go.

DrHerb
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanx for the info Urufu

Pretaining to newview2, will I have to re-set it all up again as I kind of forget how lol

Urufu_Shinjiro
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
No idea, never used it, I always used the mini stick on my X52 as a poor mans trackIR before I actually got trackIR.

Tully__
03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Saitek's drivers allow you to use the ministick on the X-52 as a mouse input (and hence a view control in IL2) by default. No need for newview.

If you don't like the ministick, Saitek's profiling software allows you to set it up as a hat switch then assign mouse emulation to any of the other three hats on the stick and throttle.

DrHerb
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Actually, I got NewView to work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif yaay me!

I have to re-do all my controls for the MS Sidewinder however which will have to be trial and error till i find the setup I like. Id love to get the X-45 overhauled though....best stick I ever owned.