PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the reloading time for XXI

TheFastFreddie
04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for the reloading time of the XXI? Isn't it surposed to be all tubes in ten minutes not one? One full reload take what 45 minutes in its current state not 10. This thing was surposed to be a convoy killer by moving in quickly and firing all its torpedos in less than a hour. I know it didn't actually get the chance to really prove itself but if they are going to include it try to do it right.

RedTerex
04-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Make sure that your torpedo room is fully manned with the best operatives and have a Senior Officer in there as well.

If your torpedo room is not fully manned or only has a few "lower ranks" with no skilled crewmen in there ie a torpedoman, then it will take a lot longer to load those tubes up.

Remember too that under "silent running" NO tubes will be loaded, I know it sounds obvious but its a common error.

u2336
04-20-2005, 12:32 AM
you didnt understand the question Mr Admin.
I guess Freddie knows how to reload a torp, he just noticed (like me and many others) that the XXI isnt accurate at all in SHIII.
No way to fix that issue....maybe a patch.
--------------------------------------------
Aah I see ! Therefore agreed, a patch for this issue will have to be sought RT

Frederf220
04-20-2005, 12:33 AM
There are some files that you could possibly hex edit that relate to each sub?

msxyz
04-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Type XXI hydraulic reload system allowed all six tube to be reloaded in less time than it took to reload a single tube on a type VII boat.

It was highly mechanized requiring much less manwork. This, coupled with the fact that in SH3 the advanced attack sonar does not seem to be implemented properly, make the type XXI offensive abilities serioursly hampered.

I hope patch 1.3 will fix this.

jimmie_T
04-24-2005, 03:49 PM
One of my book says 20 min for all 6 tubes.

JohnDiFool1
04-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Unchecking realistic reloading times will do the
trick, as temporary workaround of course. If you
don't like the renown loss, one .cfg file allows
you to choose the amount of realism % lost per
help feature used. Set realistic reloads to a
0% loss, amd there ya go.

See GameplaySettings.cfg, under Realism Percentage.

Willey
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Realistic would be ~35min for all torpedos. The first load could be done in 5-7 minutes, the second load would take longer, maybe 10-15 minutes and the third 20-30 minutes. Something like that.

archer49d
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Why? It's mechanized, the crew doesn't tire nearly as quickly doing it.