PDA

View Full Version : Small Lock Change

Yonmaja
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I know that this topic has been done to death, but this is something I haven't seen brought up.

The change I'm proposing is that you stay locked on to the person you're locked on to ("locked") as long as they're in you characters line of sight (LoS), as well as the camera's, instead of just the camera's LoS.

Just in case that's not clear, as of now you will lose your lock the instant your locked is no longer in your camera, even if your locked is in your character's LoS. This can be extremely annoying when you're in a blend group and trying to pick out other potential targets/pursuers and also having to swivel your camera back every 3 seconds.

obliviondoll
04-04-2011, 10:50 PM
I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure it would be complicated to make it more than an either/or deal - and you can currently keep a lock on someone your camera can see even when your character can't. I think that's more important than keeping lock on someone you can't see, but the character would be able to. It's easier to spin the camera than to move the character without exposing yourself.

Making it work off of both together would be great, but I think it would be difficult and complicated.

I like the "mark target" idea better (make the marked targets remain marked based on character line of sight, and keep lock based on camera line of sight)

sht4brainz
04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
What would cause the lock to disengage if your target is still in plain in clear LOS? I have had this happen several times especially when my target blends into a group. I have a hard enough time targeting someone in there.

obliviondoll
04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by sht4brainz:
What would cause the lock to disengage if your target is still in plain in clear LOS? I have had this happen several times especially when my target blends into a group. I have a hard enough time targeting someone in there.
If your target joins a blend group, drops into a haystack/bush, or activates Disguise or Morph, the lock will flicker and you'll hear a beeping tone, same as when they're out of line of sight. After a few seconds, the lock will be broken.

If they break line of sight then activate one of those two abilities, the lock clears instantly.

smithaddy048
04-22-2012, 08:56 AM
[spam]

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
If your target joins a blend group, drops into a haystack/bush, or activates Disguise or Morph, the lock will flicker and you'll hear a beeping tone, same as when they're out of line of sight. After a few seconds, the lock will be broken.

If they break line of sight then activate one of those two abilities, the lock clears instantly.

There's also the situation where your camera is pointed in one direction, say, behind you, but the character you locked is in front of you and walking around. Technically, if you were to spin your camera around, your lock would be solid, but they're considered in your character's line of sight anyway, when they aren't in the camera's view.

Sukramo
04-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Smokebomb no longer clears lock. Thats a good change.