PDA

View Full Version : center of gravity the flaw of newtonian physics

raaaid
07-31-2010, 12:04 PM
we all have wonder about an object falling to the center of earth, radius zero, gravity infinite?

something plausible:

there are two equal objects rotating in a circle in a common plane

a third object is let to fall perpendicular to that plane through the common center of mass of both same plane objects

voila to infinity and beyond as the third object reaches distance zeor to the common cneter of gravity

now people is not stupid for not seeing this

science is like the media maybe evn more manipulated

saipan1972
07-31-2010, 01:36 PM
stay off of wiki.

Zeus-cat
07-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Why is gravity infinite?

This argument is silly even for you raaaid.

K_Freddie
08-01-2010, 02:44 AM
If the falling object does not have perfect mass distribution, you could get a gyroscopic effect which will cause it to travel off the centreline, sending it who-knows-where.
As it approaches the centre of the plane, it will be torn apart by the two rotating objects.
If it survives this distruction it will then start an oscillatory motion about this centre plane point - most proably becoming unstable - throwing the whole system into dissarray.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

raaaid
08-01-2010, 06:56 AM
maybe i misunderstand this article:

http://plus.maths.org/issue31/outerspace/index.html

if is not because distance tends to zero to cog why this system acquires transfinite speed in the newtonian world?

raaaid
08-01-2010, 07:23 AM
im trying to understand this problem discovered in 92 which definitly disproves newton

as i see it if theres a pair number of planets theres no way to reach the center of the system because of collisions

but if theres an odd number, a planet can go right through the center of the system

in a two particle system as you half the radius you double the speed of the particles due to conservation of momentum

you cant make the two particles have a radius 0 due to collision, when the radius zero according cons of momentum speed should be infinite but again this is not posible with two particles due to collision

but a third particle can get right through the center of the system with which according cons of momentum its speed should be infinite

and of course the other two particles should respond accordingly to conservate momentum

pure bull, now what im saying but newtons

i wonder if this brings down as well my archi enemy conservation of momentum

Zeus-cat
08-01-2010, 09:53 AM
You don't get to infinite speed because as you stated you never get to zero radius. Problem solved.

raaaid
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
oh come on thats such a superficial look you gotta be kidding me

of course in a two particle system is imposible neither reach zero distance to the common center of mass due to collision

but in a 3 particle system that one reaches the center of mass of the system is as easy as it going trough the middle of the other two, a matter of aim

newtons based on accounting gravity of nearly infinite particles into a single spot call center of gravity or mass, this leads nowhere

as a matter of fact even this is wrong since center of gravity and center of mass are only equal if you consider gravity expands linearly as in the formula mhg, but its false in the reaslity of it exapnading sqauraed as in the formual: m*m/d^2

Zeus-cat
08-01-2010, 02:04 PM
A particle passes through the center of mass, so what? This doesn't lead to infinite speed or anything else. As usual you have simplified the system so much that your results are irrelevant.

Provide some real data to back up your statement.

raaaid
08-02-2010, 07:17 AM
have you read this article?:

http://plus.maths.org/issue31/outerspace/index.html

newtons doesnt work

Zeus-cat
08-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Newtonian physics works in everyday situations. It is only when you take situations to an extreme level that Newtonian physics doesn't apply. In the article you specified the problem is constrained by relativitistic physics. Nothing goes to infinity because Einstein showed with relativity that as speed incresases so does mass, etc. Your claim that as distance goes to zero something goes to infinity is wrong.

Since Einstein developed the theories of relativity it has been known that Newtonian physics doesn't work at extreme situations.

raaaid
08-02-2010, 08:51 AM
thats not an extreme situation:

its two particles orbiting each other and let a third go through the center of mass of the other two, in fact its an every day situation

i see the concept of center of mass useless and absurd

everythings gotta be a big lie

if i build the box that holds by itself in an edge and i think i can do it and im doing it now that will give me the boost to be responsible and end with such lies

the solar system has a cog

conservation of angular momentum states:

any particle of the solar system that halves radius to the cog will double its speed

is easy to see that a zero radius implies having half for ever distance and therefore doubling speed forever

now what the heck happens if a particle of the solar system manages to reach the cog of the solar system

yes this is not posible in the newtonian squared world

but what if it reaches the center of the solar system in a 3d world by going perpendicular to the plane of the solar system

the sky just cant be real, see all those space walks with bubles cause they are filmed underwater, it just wouldnt work out

so good luck with the newtonian lies from petrol corporation

you may soon as well believe that the best underwear that there is since sliced bread is the nylon one