PDA

View Full Version : MY PC SHUTS DOWN

felipemiguel11
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
sooo i bought ac 1 and 2 .. but every time i play my PC shuts down in the middle of the game ..... can SOMEONE HELP TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ???PLEASEEEE thank you

spectatorx
11-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Probably your machine is overheating. Try to clean off the dust coolers on gpu, cpu and fan in psu. If this will not resolve your problem let know in this thread again.

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Are you using a quad-core or higher machine?

If so, there is a problem affecting all PC ACs up to AC:B (don't know about AC:R yet) for some users. I have an Intel quad core.

The game simply doesn't use more than the first two cores, and having extra ones seems to upset the game in certain systems. Start the game launcher, click Play, and when it starts running hit ctrl-alt-del. This will bring up the Task Manager (or in Win 7, a menu screen from which you can select the Task Manager).

Go in (looks like this http://cloud.addictivetips.com.../11/gotoprocesss.jpg (http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/gotoprocesss.jpg) ), and hit the Processes tab . Right click on your AC game, choose Set Affinity from the context menu. You will now see a choice of tickboxes: CPU0, CPU1 etc.

You can click to untick all except the first two CPUs (mine are numbered CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3, therefore I unticked 2 and 3). Click Ok and rejoin the game.

Annoyingly, you may find that Windows switches back to the game as soon as you open the CPU tickbox dialog, in which case you'll have to repeat the process to enter the Task Manager (which will put you right back where you were). It's a little bit of a chore to do this back-and-forth thing at the start of every session, but after that it'll be all crash-free so it's worth it. For some reason, if I'm fortunate enough to ctrl-alt-del at the earliest point that the game has started to run its intro screen (Ubisoft logo), I can change all necessary tickboxes in one go but if I'm a fraction late then I'll have to go through the mild irritation of switching back and forth to get all the tickboxes done. Mystery.

iN3krO
11-27-2011, 04:43 AM
i'm using quad and i have no problems...

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
i'm using quad and i have no problems...

Good for you. As I said...

for some users

... and I'm one of them, even though I'm on an Intel CPU, an ASUS mobo, Corsair RAM and a 1gb Nvidia gfx card: a pretty mainstream set-up.

The AC range hasn't been the only game series affected by this issue, to be fair.

spectatorx
11-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Same here, 4 core cpu (amd phenom II) and no problems with assassin's creed series.

D.I.D.
11-27-2011, 05:13 AM
It's not a thread about AC running perfectly on PC, I'm trying to help with one that doesn't. This is the problem I and thousands of other people had with this series and some other titles, where the game runs perfectly for a while but crashes/auto-quits eventually.

It's unlikely to be overheating, or you'd notice it in other more demanding games. [e- ... and in my case it certainly wasn't, since heat/fan issues were the first thing I checked, and switching off cores isn't going to make a measurable dent in case temps]

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Could you report this to support please? the link is in my signature.

Razrback16
11-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Could be any number of issues.

* Power Supply not providing enough power for the system under load
* Power Supply on its way out
* Mainboard on its way out
* GPU / CPU overheating
* A software / compatibility glitch as DoubleclickATF mentioned
* Out of date drivers
* Virus
* Unstable overclock