PDA

View Full Version : ROBBED!!!

pmatthews83
10-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Ok, so I don't usually waste torpedoes on trawlers, but I was bored and only have a IIA so no deck gun. I got within 1500m and fired the torpedo. The wind was blowing around 10mps so the seas were pretty choppy. The trawler spotted the fish and cranked it hard to port. Would you believe his bow dipped, he took a wave head on, and it SUNK HIM! WTF is up with that! I was laughing so hard about it. Unfortunately I wasn't awarded the miniscule tonnage for the boat though.

pmatthews83
10-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Ok, so I don't usually waste torpedoes on trawlers, but I was bored and only have a IIA so no deck gun. I got within 1500m and fired the torpedo. The wind was blowing around 10mps so the seas were pretty choppy. The trawler spotted the fish and cranked it hard to port. Would you believe his bow dipped, he took a wave head on, and it SUNK HIM! WTF is up with that! I was laughing so hard about it. Unfortunately I wasn't awarded the miniscule tonnage for the boat though.

W.Irving
10-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I would've paid to have seen that!
Did it go down immediately, or just list heavily and sink within a minute?

pmatthews83
10-07-2005, 09:04 AM
He was gone in under a minute. It was comparable to a ship sinking by the bow.

Seepferd
10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
It reminds me of a time off Rackall Bank with choppy seas. I found a destroyer with decks awash but not sinking and search lights looking around. Needless to say I was a little cautious getting close. I never surfaced around it so I don't know if it could have shot at me. I had to take pity on it and put the poor ship out of its misery. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif