View Full Version : No Sound In Pacific Fighters

Mr.Warbucks
11-30-2004, 06:38 AM
PC Specifications:
AMD 64 3200
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard
OS - Windows XP Pro
Video Card - ATI Radeon
Soundcard - Sound Max. Default sound on my motherboard.

My issue is that I have done a clean install of Pacific Fighters standalone and for a reason that eludes me, I have no sound available in my game.

I also have AEP installed, but it works fine.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is and possibly sugest a resolution?

Kind Regards,
HF_Warbucks

9th_Bloodfist
11-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Well first make sure you have your soundcard your using checked on in you sounds and speeches under control panel, then make sure you go into il-2 setup and make sure you have the correct settings applied for your sound. Enter the game and check your sound settings there in the hardware menu (I think thats what it's called) Last make sure youyr speekers are plugged in and turned on. Also check and see if you can just play any sounds on your pc, your soundcard could be dead or doesn't have the right drivers.

RocketDog
11-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Check that SoundUse=1 is set in the conf.ini file. After the recent patch, mine occasionally turns itself off and gets set = 0.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Chuck_Older
11-30-2004, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketDog:
Check that SoundUse=1 is set in the conf.ini file. After the recent patch, mine occasionally turns itself off and gets set = 0.

Regards,

RocketDog. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has happened to me as well

nickdanger3
11-30-2004, 12:27 PM
If I mess with sounds settings in game, it goes out. Have to restart the game to get them back.

Mr.Warbucks
11-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the input gentlemen. Mr. RocketDog has kindly solved the issue. The problem was that the config.ini file setting had changed back to zero. I changed it back to 1 again and my sound has returned.

I do hope that the developers or this awesome game are aware of the problem.

Drilling_857
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Nickdanger3,

Check my post out in this thread, it might help out.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=1281061642

S! Drilling

Chuck_Older
11-30-2004, 04:20 PM
How long did it take you to figure that out RDog?

I messed with my PC and various programs for over an hour before I determined it was FB doing it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif I started backing up my skin and mission files