PDA

View Full Version : Intentional Irritation

DreamerM
12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Complaining about the annoying Beggers and drunks who shove and pester you when you are trying to pickpocket and/or rough up someone for information is nothing new on these boards. In fact, it's quite common, and very reasonable.

However, calling for Beggers to be excluded from future games for this reason is not. Reasonable, that is.

These characters were included for the express purpose of being human land mines. They are SUPPOSED to bother you and make your job difficult. They add another level of life to the city, as the only way to avoid being hit up for money while wandering the streets of a large city is to never have been in a large city.

It's quite a creative way to keep us gamers on our toes. I'm looking forward to other realistically chaotic elements in the future titles.

Phreaky_McGeek
12-31-2007, 01:24 PM
I see where you're going, but given they only interact with Altair they seem a bit... slapped on. I'm hoping that the the sequel/update will have them integrated into the crowd better.

DreamerM
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
I see where you're going, but given they only interact with Altair they seem a bit... slapped on. I'm hoping that the the sequel/update will have them integrated into the crowd better.

I have never seen a begger "integrated" into ANY crowd. In fact, crowds tend to both attract and avoid them. They walk right past panhandlers.

The beggers realistically might assume they've got a better shot at getting money out of Altair, especially if he's putting some distance between him and the crowd as well.

the_assassin_07
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
They should give you the option to give money to the beggers.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DreamerM:
...These characters were included for the express purpose of being human land mines. They are SUPPOSED to bother you and make your job difficult. They add another level of life to the city...

It's quite a creative way to keep us gamers on our toes. I'm looking forward to other realistically chaotic elements in the future titles.

I agree completely. The game wouldn't have half the feeling of realism and depth that it has if it didn't have these necessary annoyances.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:

They don't only interact with Altair. Many times I've heard them asking other people for money before they've approached Altair.

mastoner20
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
They should give you the option to give money to the beggers.

Agreed, like in TESIV:Oblivion, you can do this, and one questline you have to in order to progress.

They don't only interact with Altair. Many times I've heard them asking other people for money before they've approached Altair.

Yeah, they do that all the time, but I think he means that the beggars don't follow and get in the way like they do to you. They just stand there like the preachers until they see you, then they try to annoy the living **** out of you.. so glad I beat the game, whenever I can I kill them.... I know, I'm mean... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
12-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by mastoner20:
I think he means that the beggars don't follow and get in the way like they do to you. They just stand there like the preachers until they see you, then they try to annoy the living **** out of you..

The problem is, if they bothered everyone they would hardly ever bother you because they would always be bothering someone while you entered their vicinity. In short, by making them more realistic they would be rendered virtually useless in terms of their function in the game. Then the devs would have to increase the number of beggars which would start to become silly. Also, since some of the AI citizens spend a lot of time in one area a beggar could easily get tied to one citizen infinitely, rendering her completely useless.

In short it's easier to do it the way they've done it.

McMasterJ
12-31-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree. There there to make it harder. But I only have one problem with it. Its when you get one in front of you while you sit down to do an evesdropping mission. Your trying to hear what there saying when all you can here is "Please sir can you spare me a coin? My family sick and dieing!"

Pr0metheus 1962
12-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by McMasterJ:
I agree. There there to make it harder. But I only have one problem with it. Its when you get one in front of you while you sit down to do an evesdropping mission. Your trying to hear what there saying when all you can here is "Please sir can you spare me a coin? My family sick and dieing!"

I've done every eavesdropping mission in the game and I've never had that happen.

the_assassin_07
01-01-2008, 06:09 AM
It's happened to me; it's so annoying. They weren't actually doing it to me but they were saying it to some one close to me then I couldn't hear what they were saying lol.

Haxixexaxin
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I think they made it very well. Beggers, drunks, ******s ( or whatever they are ) where real back then, they didnt have Psiquiatric clinics or buildings to put all those poor guys there.
The developpers made a great job at that. Its just a pity that guards dont handle them, that would really be handy when you're in a very crowded place trying to assassinate someone and a drunk comes,pushes u and u gotta run, hide and restart... :@

And by the way, if you want to make them go away :

Beggers - Take your knife off and they run screaming.

******s/Drunks - Either you kill them silently
(xD) or you tackle.

schoolboytom
01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Haxixexaxin:
I think they made it very well. Beggers, drunks, ******s ( or whatever they are ) where real back then, they didnt have Psiquiatric clinics or buildings to put all those poor guys there.
The developpers made a great job at that. Its just a pity that guards dont handle them, that would really be handy when you're in a very crowded place trying to assassinate someone and a drunk comes,pushes u and u gotta run, hide and restart... :@

And by the way, if you want to make them go away :

Beggers - Take your knife off and they run screaming.

******s/Drunks - Either you kill them silently
(xD) or you tackle.

lol dude you have got to work on your spelling...Psiquiatric... lol Psychiatric perhaps.... another way i find useful of getting rid of beggars is by grabbing and throwing them....not only does this get rid of them but it also earns you an achievement.

And by the way it would be likely back in the middle ages to have special centres or place they would keep the mentally ill.... they would usually be treated terribly and abused....... as equality wasn't round back then..... there is the possibility of them being put in cages on display for people to laugh at.......

jcody
01-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I like the begger's in acre. When they say "my family's sick and dying" it sound's like they are singing a catchy tune.

Du du du do du doo du my familly's sick and dying la la la te da doo

DreamerM
01-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by jcody:
I like the begger's in acre. When they say "my family's sick and dying" it sound's like they are singing a catchy tune.

Du du du do du doo du my familly's sick and dying la la la te da doo

I blame the musical british accent. It can make anything sound classy.

Haxixexaxin
01-03-2008, 03:52 AM
lol dude you have got to work on your spelling...Psiquiatric... lol Psychiatric perhaps.... another way i find useful of getting rid of beggars is by grabbing and throwing them....not only does this get rid of them but it also earns you an achievement.

And by the way it would be likely back in the middle ages to have special centres or place they would keep the mentally ill.... they would usually be treated terribly and abused....... as equality wasn't round back then..... there is the possibility of them being put in cages on display for people to laugh at.......

My point is that at that time there was no special treatment for people who were mentaly ill.

And by the way, im sorry about my spelling. I couldn't find any AC forum for Portuguese ppl http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DreamerM
01-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Haxixexaxin:

And by the way, im sorry about my spelling. I couldn't find any AC forum for Portuguese ppl http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AC Fandom knows no boundaries of nation, race, color or creed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We're glad to have you!

maddog111
01-03-2008, 05:08 AM
even if beggers are annoying they are also making the game better..and harder..and more realastic ofcourse

AirRon_2K7
01-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:

They don't only interact with Altair. Many times I've heard them asking other people for money before they've approached Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just the game playing sounds that would otherwise be what she says to you. If you're ever on a rooftop looking down, she just sits there.. waiting.

For you.

Psiquiatric

The most random version of psychiatric that I've ever seen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif But yeah, everything else was good, especially since you're portuguese.

(I like being mean...)

Beeryus, you need to work on your definition of the word "short".

You made a sentence, and then said: "in short", and followed it up with a paragraph http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

xD

(I'm having a random correction moment)

Haxixexaxin
01-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks Airron and Dreamer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Its good to have understanding ppl in this forum ^^
( no offense to other users of course . )

ZmeySPB
01-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I speak portuguese!

Haxixexaxin
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I want to see that xD