PDA

View Full Version : dreyer vs. Hartmann roleplaying game, part 2. Wingman needed.

HART_dreyer
02-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking to start up my role-playing game once again for my own entertainment and to provide the IL2 community with quality online tracks.

However, I feel that I have given all that I can give flying solo combat. I am therefore looking for a wingman to join me in my endeavor. I am now looking to learn proper team tactics flying with a wingman. This should increase my skill level further.

Interested? If so, you may apply by responding to this thread, however I am a very demanding pilot so you must possess certain qualities to be eligible.

1.) Experience, you must have a good amount of time logged flying the Me109. I expect that you know how to handle this and many other aircraft with ease.
2.) Patience, you must have calm head and able to think quick to make the right decisions during air combat.
3.) Team play, you must be completely dedicated to flying as a team and not as an individual. Greed and all other negative emotions must be controlled.

Other than this you will preferably need to live in or around the GMT +1 hour time zone. In any case you will need to be able to fly around the same time periods as me. You must also be able to record a track and upload this to an FTP (provided by me) for each sortie we fly.

Mainly Axis aircraft will be flown (most importantly the 109 and 190).

You will also need to have at least a few hours of spare time a week to practice and fly missions online.

You must also possess a microphone to use for voice communication. Being able to speak English (or Norwegian, my native tongue) is also of course a requirement.

Respond to this thread if you are interested or have questions/comments.

SweetMonkeyLuv
02-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Good idea. Since I dloaded your track with commentary the other day and subsequently visited your web, the idea that "something is missing" was creeping through my head. The wingman is definitely it. Hartmann was very concerned about and protective of his wingmates (as evidenced by the quote in my sig).

Wish I had the skill to volunteer to join, but after watching several of your tracks, I'm pretty sure I'm not up to the level you're looking for.

Still, keep us posted on how it goes once you find someone.

Salute!

T_O_A_D
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmm wrong time zone, sounds like a fun venture though.

JG52_Cyanide
02-11-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm GMT+1, but I'm a **** pilot and I don't think the wife would like to see me fly online even more than I'm now...

I'll be monitoring this thread though....seems extremely interesting to say the least.

rnzoli
02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I sincerely hope you will find a wingman of your caliber. I would love to watch the double tracks, preferably in 2 synchronized windows, side by side on the monitor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

One note though. If it's difficult to "hire" an experienced wingman, maybe you can also consider selecting a less experienced one, and train him. You've got the talent for that, and in reality, the wingmen were not as experienced as the flight leader was.

Allied_Killer
02-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi, I've studied most of your tracks and I believe I'm more than qualified for the job. Unfortunately, I'm in the GMT -5 time zone. If we could work around the time zone difference, I think I may be able to assist you with your new endeavour.

Extreme_One
02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
... maybe you can also consider selecting a less experienced one, and train him....

That migh be the only way - seeing as you have such high standards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Anyone that stands forward to claim to possess the 3 qualities you desire will be either over-confident or too good for you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Extreme_One:
Anyone that stands forward to claim to possess the 3 qualities you desire will be either over-confident or too good for you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif I think Dreyer is sincere and quite skilled to boot, but it really does come off sounding a bit condescending.

I'd consider giving it a shot myself, but just don't think I measure up....not to mention that whole time thing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TB

money_money
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Sounds great cant wait to see the results.

maybee the wingman should also play the
"the dreyer vs. Hartmann game" so if he's dead he's out of the game. u may need many wingmen.
IIRC Heartman didn't loose a wingman?
I would love to take part but alas, I am a **** pilot and I live on the other side of the planet.

Good luck

<3 $

PBNA-Boosher
02-12-2006, 10:15 AM
This is a great idea, and I'd love to help, but I've been having troubles with my joystick. It's getting old and the sensors are desensitizing. I might just plug in the Saitek I have down here. I fly the 109 sometimes and can be good at it, but I doubt I'm at the right level of skill. Furthermore, my Internet connection loves to cut me out of Warclouds because it likes to ping spike A LOT. It's very frustrating.

I hope you find a wingman, but also remember, it's hard to find a good one. Also, remember that your wingman will also be another person, and therefore, subject to his own decisions. You can't save em all, although Hartmann did. Good luck!

HART_dreyer
02-13-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by money_money:
Sounds great cant wait to see the results.

maybee the wingman should also play the
"the dreyer vs. Hartmann game" so if he's dead he's out of the game. u may need many wingmen.
IIRC Heartman didn't loose a wingman?
I would love to take part but alas, I am a **** pilot and I live on the other side of the planet.

Good luck

<3 $

The idea here is that if my wingman dies it is game over for me as well.

Iron-Works
02-13-2006, 04:22 AM
If you can keep my sorry @ss alive you are a Hartman reincarnation.....be sure.