PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER**Hidden Blade made of cheap stuff??

ACII_Addicted
11-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Now , i know this might not be really a spoiler, for 2 reasons. It doesn't say anything about the game , but for the Lineage movie and it will soon be published so it won't be by that time.

Anyway , in one of these short films, i noticed a guard broke Giovanni's Hidden Blade. Now that's not good... An assassin's tool , being cut off by the hand of the assassin? Seems wierd...

The only logical assumption , is that Giovannis hidden blade was made of cheap materials, what do you people think ? :P

thekyle0
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
It's not a very thick piece of metal. Anything heavy coming down on it would easily break it. Also, back then almost every metal object would be made of what today considers "weak material".

Prol33tariat
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
It's not a very thick piece of metal. Anything heavy coming down on it would easily break it. Also, back then almost every metal object would be made of what today considers "weak material".

yeah especially in italy, our metal deposits are not the greatest and forging techniques were still medievla in nature at this time.

once you got case hardening and phosphorous integration than you got some gnarly blades. add to that floating hilts and counterbalancing, lightweight materials and composites....ouch, suffice it to say i expect desmond to have a case hardened nanite laden pulse blade by the time we are him, jumping round sky scrappers all trinity esque like.

Phobos14
11-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I dont think it is weak at all but he used it to block a guys two handed full swing at him and you would just expect it to break with that much force hitting it.

ACII_Addicted
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Well... from what we have seen in ACII as Hidden Blade to " count as a full weapon " it shouldn't really break that easily...

My guess is he hit it at the exact spot the blade was linked to the mechanism, which broke a chain or sth and made it drop... cause after rewatching it , i think it didn't break........ :P

Phobos14
11-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah it does look like it just comes apart and that the metal of the blade wasnt actually broken

Black_Widow9
11-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Please post in one of the already created Lineage Threads.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>