PDA

View Full Version : OT: I finally subscribed to Discovery Wings Channel yesterday

BaldieJr
01-10-2005, 09:40 PM
It was great. I watched two hours of it last night when I got home from work.

Now its Dicovery Military Channel.

!#$%@#$@##$@#

GvSAP_Wingnut
01-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Actually, for WW2 fans it may be for the better. I haven't watched it for awhile, but there was quite a bit of programming about civilian aircraft... sometimes the whole evening.

I'll have to check it out now...

kiddknapp59
01-10-2005, 09:45 PM
That change has been coming for some time now. They announced it a while back. It won€t matter much because they didn€t have enough content to fill all the programming slots anyway. It was the same shows over and over again. In a week you had seen a years worth of programming.

BaldieJr
01-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, maybe more WWII stuff.

That'll remove the History channels' WWII burden and allow them to make more amazing UFO documentaries, or even better, those thought-provoking armaggeden/alternative bible histories that we all love so much.

Yay. I @#$@#$%ing (latin root) hate TV.

WTE_Galway
01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
if you mean the cable program "wings" the early episodes were far better .. the later episodes acquired a "wow gee whiz" tone with a corresponding reduction in useful factual information

MO_JOJO
01-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Baldie, are you saying it's worth getting, or are buying/renting DVD's still the best way to go? I found a 3-disk bargain at Sam's Club recently called "Air Power", hosted by Cronkite, and produced by CBS. It is a pretty good film, covering Europe and very briefly, the Pacific, but loaded with combat film (99%). There are also bonus shorts dedicated to P51, P47, B24, and a couple others. If you can find it, buy it. $25 is all it cost.

I also saw the new Disney release from the 40's called "On The Front Lines, The World at War", which includes a full length movie called "Victory through Air Power". Has anyone seen this, and is it good? I am going to pick it up soon, but was wondering.

Has anyone seen this, and is it good