PDA

View Full Version : SERVER MERGER

icevampyre
02-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Server Merges
On March 22, 2005, we will begin the process of merging some of the EverQuest servers. As we have seen from the recent success of the Zek merger, combining some of the EQ worlds is beneficial for players’ experience. In fact, we have been pleasantly surprised to find that the new Zek server now has a higher population than the four combined servers had prior to that merger. We hope that by merging some of our lower population servers with a higher population server, we will continue to enhance your gameplay experience

Merging Servers

On March 22nd, Antonius Bayle will merge with Kane Bayle and will retain the name Antonius Bayle.

On March 23rd, Bristlebane will merge with Solusek Ro and will retain the name Bristlebane.

We understand that server identity is important to our customers and we will be integrating server titles into the title system to allow you to display your server of origin, should you desire to do so.

Unutilized Character Purge

Immediately preceding the merger, all characters below level 10 that have not been logged in for over six months will be deleted from each of the merging servers and will not be available after the server merge. If you have a character on any of the servers being merged that is below level 10 and has not been logged in for more than six months, you will need to log that character in prior to the scheduled merge date for the relevant server.

Shared Banks on Merging Servers

If you have characters on two servers which are being merged together, you will need to clean out the shared bank on one of those servers. After the merge, only one shared bank will be available on each merged server.

Character Limitations

If you have more than eight characters in total on two servers being merged together, only the first eight characters (in alphabetical order) will be displayed after the merge. Characters other than the eight displayed characters will not be available for selection until currently displayed characters are deleted. All characters from both servers will remain on your account provided that the character was not below level 10 and had not been logged in within the last six months.

Corpses

Prior to the scheduled merge date for your server(s), please be sure that you clear any unclaimed character corpses from the world. Character corpses will not be transferred to the newly-merged server. Once the merger is complete, all corpses on the servers affected by a merge will have been purged.

Duplicate Character Names

It is possible that characters on servers affected by the merge will have duplicate names. In the event that characters on the new, combined server do share a name, the character with the most played time will be entitled to keep the name. All other characters will have the letter X appended to their name and will be eligible for a name change. Characters can use the in-game /changename command to request a new name. The new name is subject to the conditions set forth in our naming policy which can be found here: Naming Policy.

LDoN Leader Boards

After each merge is completed, as characters log into their newly-combined server, the leader board will be re-populated with standings. Although your points will be unaffected by the transfer, your standing may have changed based on the new, combined population totals.

Complimentary Character Move

Shortly after each merger is complete, we will allow all customers affected by a merge a one-time, complimentary character move to the server of their choice. For each customer with an account on a newly-merged server who request such a move, all characters associated with that customer’s account will be transferred to the selected server. All characters will bring their items with them in the transfer.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Community Relations Manager

---------------------------------------------
Halfling, Cajun Style!

If SOE can do it then what are you waiting for?

Please arrange as soon as possible please

boukk-seb
02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
hate you ubi

Tumdurgal
02-24-2005, 05:55 AM
It's SOE that own the servers, UBi just maintain the european ones, it's down to SOE if we get mergers or not.

Seems like SOE don't care.

boukk-seb
02-24-2005, 07:18 AM
No it isnt , it s up to ubi to give those 3 server managing.
Soe cant merge those 3 w/o ubisoft approval.
Soe own the server , no more,ubisoft own the server management.

GM-Erdrix
02-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Greetings.

I see a lot of discussions concerning server mergers; I know this subject makes people very emotional but I would like everyone to remain calm and refrain from throwing insults around.

First, we have no plans of letting people move to SOE servers. There is no point in lying or sugar-coating the reality; it will most likely never happen.

This leaves us with the option of merging Ubi servers. As you may well be aware, it is a decision that requires a lot of consideration; it should definitely not be taken in a knee-jerking fashion. With such things in mind, we have decided to do everything in our power to keep the existing communities and their selected languages alive and avoid any sort of merger until we reach the point where such thing is inevitable (if we reach it). In other words, you should see a lot of activities from us in the coming weeks on all fronts including: marketing, events, news and much more.

Let me reassure you, we are reading every posts concerning this and we are looking into it with all the attention it deserves. Sometimes, what looks like the right decision is not always the best in the big scheme of things.

boukk-seb
02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
First, we have no plans of letting people move to SOE servers. There is no point in lying or sugar-coating the reality; it will most likely never happen.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Breaking my last hope, I dont agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>With such things in mind, we have decided to do everything in our power to keep the existing communities and their selected languages alive and avoid any sort of merger until we reach the point where such thing is inevitable (if we reach it) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is already inevitable atleast on sebilis, cant speak for the 2 other server.
Would prefer to move to soe and I dont agree with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In other words, you should see a lot of activities from us in the coming weeks on all fronts including: marketing, events, news and much more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello? did you just wake up or something? we needed that like 6month ago now it s too late.
What s that gone bring us ?10 lvl 1 people if it s succesful?, ah yeah that going to help us a lot ^^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Let me reassure you, we are reading every posts concerning this and we are looking into it with all the attention it deserves. Sometimes, what looks like the right decision is not always the best in the big scheme of things. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you are, but I still dont agree with this decision.

*** EDIT ***
I asked to remain civil yet it seems to be beyond certain people. Discussion is acceptable, flaming and insults are not. Also, we do read the Sebilis forums and there is really no need for cross server posts. Thank you.

zebedeuk
02-24-2005, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GM-Erdrix:
Greetings.

I see a lot of discussions concerning server mergers; I know this subject makes people very emotional but I would like everyone to remain calm and refrain from throwing insults around.

This leaves us with the option of merging Ubi servers. As you may well be aware, it is a decision that requires a lot of consideration; it should definitely not be taken in a knee-jerking fashion. With such things in mind, we have decided to do everything in our power to keep the existing communities and their selected languages alive and avoid any sort of merger until we reach the point where such thing is inevitable (if we reach it). In other words, you should see a lot of activities from us in the coming weeks on all fronts including: marketing, events, news and much more.

Let me reassure you, we are reading every posts concerning this and we are looking into it with all the attention it deserves. Sometimes, what looks like the right decision is not always the best in the big scheme of things. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info Erdrix and can I say that you do a grand job and lets hope we can get some sort of confirmation soon.

I myself feel this is a double edge sword for most people - its nice to have camps to yourself but not nice to have no groups to join. Of the measures you mention the only one that is actually going to make a difference in Marketing/Advertising. I have looked at a few online computer game retailing sites (amazon, play etc....) and DoN is not even on there. This is unbelievable and you are losing out on attracting new people to the game. We also need to get access in the UK to the budget box sets like the platinum box SoE brought out (ok your version of this).

If there is not a large surge in numbers I feel we really need to look at a merger to stop futher guild/player lose and in the end the whole thing being shutdown.

GM-Erdrix
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Thanks for the info Erdrix and can I say that you do a grand job and lets hope we can get some sort of confirmation soon.

I myself feel this is a double edge sword for most people - its nice to have camps to yourself but not nice to have no groups to join. Of the measures you mention the only one that is actually going to make a difference in Marketing/Advertising. I have looked at a few online computer game retailing sites (amazon, play etc....) and DoN is not even on there. This is unbelievable and you are losing out on attracting new people to the game. We also need to get access in the UK to the budget box sets like the platinum box SoE brought out (ok your version of this).

If there is not a large surge in numbers I feel we really need to look at a merger to stop futher guild/player lose and in the end the whole thing being shutdown.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for posting; we are looking into the problem of expansion availability for European players. We know there has been some shortcomings regarding this issue and hopefully we will find a way to get it solved in a timely manner.

All we ask is for people to be a little more patient and see how things shape up in the coming weeks.

xeny
02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
our server is critical cannot advance in the game no more i stop here bye ubi do nothing for us i do nothing for ubi i donnot play unitl i found good account on soe perhaps ; bye eq ubisoft ;

ConcernedofVS
02-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Thank you Erdrix, for finally giving us an answer on this issue. As you noted, it is something that is very important to a lot of players on Sebilis and Venril Sathir.

Which is why I am somewhat confused... I also read the Kael forums, and while my German is slightly rusty, I get by, with the help of good old Babelfish.

On February the 14th, the following was posted by Kelwyn on the German Ubisoft EQ Forums:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ich möchte auch erwähnen, dass zur Zeit für Kael Drakkal kein Server Merge geplant ist. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

which translates to:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I would like to also mention that at present for Kael Drakkal a server Merge is not planned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> (bad grammar is babelfish, not me!)

So on the 14th, it was known that there was no merge planned for Kael. On the 15th, Kelwyn posted on the UK boards saying that "Events are planned" and there would be a Guild Leaders meeting etc etc... no mention of the decision about server merges and KD.

If on the 14th you had a definite answer for Kael Drakkel, then what did you know about Sebilis and VS? Even if it was "We hadn't made a decision" yet, why did it take till the 24th (10 days later) to post? Is the KD community somehow more entitled to information than we are? The previous management had indicated that there were proposals ongoing between Ubi and SOE before they left (/mourn Tarth) - what happened to those plans? Did they exist? If so, are they still ongoing or has the new management decided on a different direction?

I look forward to your response... if you could get back to us in less than 10 days this time, it would be appreciated... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

GM-Erdrix
02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
It was very easy to rule out any merger for the Kael server hence, an official word was given immediately. The population on it is still very strong and the majority is against any sort of merger; there was no reason for us to even consider it at the moment.

Our real concern is for Sebilis and even though it was decided at this time not to merge it with another server, it is something that may happen in the near future should it be required.

People also need to understand that message boards are only the voice of the minority; for this reason we have decided to organise the guild leader meetings with people of both Venril and Sebilis in order to discuss what the majority wants.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Taelonne
02-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Why were people not warned that when starting on Venril Sathir / Moving to VS that they would NOT get the same treatment as SoE customers on a SoE server.

Its unfair to the masses of people locked on this server who want to get the hell up out of here.
Its a dying server, the more people leave, the deader it gets, so more people leaves - vicious cycle.

I would like to get a group with random people and have fun rather than have nothing to do but raid.

I would like to make new toons and other with people at all levels, but because the server is so empty, that isnt happening.

Overall I would LIKE to do what SOE customers CAN do.

Sort this out UbiSoft.

icevampyre
02-25-2005, 02:02 AM
So you are going to listen to the guild leaders of guilds that have survived?

The ones that are still raiding regularly and their word is going to have more weight than say the leaders or members of Ambassadors of Truth, Nordlys, Amenta, Mortalis, Ancient Flame, Morituri Te Salutant,Sovereign Crusaders, Woodland Tree Friends - all of whom were forced into mergers that wasn't desired but needed to allow these people to keep raiding - why not look at who is doing what content and see how much competition there is for mobs.

Tide - COA
Dawnraiders - Time, God+
Ancient Dominion - Time, God+
Nordlys Crusaders - Eles

Competition for mobs is a sign of a healthy server - yet none of the 4 guild leaders would want more competition that merging of servers would bring - yet you are going to ask these leaders for an unbiased assessment of the server- lets look at their recruitment -

Dawn Raiders need
CLERIC
BARD
SHAMAN
WARRIOR
WIZARD
ROGUE
MONK

TIDE are looking for
Clerics*
Shamans*
1 Chanter

Ancient Dominion are looking for
Cleric
Druid
Ranger

Nordlys Crusaders are looking for
bards,
rogues
beastlords

Ifyou are a Berzerker Mage Necro Shadow Knight or Paladin on VS then please go back to Ele farming because no guild is actively looking for your class.

Your events that you have planned (if they are anything to go by the past ones) are not going to fill the hole of people looking for groups and players looking for raids. I might be missing something here but are you saying that every single night you are going to put a GM event on - andif so who is going to enter and win these? Probably a member or group from Tide because they have no competition anymore at the level they are at.

You have already said that people posting here are in the minority - so I suspect that any information that you might find interesting here has already been discounted due to you labelling our views as a "minority".

Taelonne
02-25-2005, 03:50 AM
"Competition for mobs is a sign of a healthy server - yet none of the 4 guild leaders would want more competition that merging of servers would bring - yet you are going to ask these leaders for an unbiased assessment of the server- lets look at their recruitment - "

Nail hit on the head.

But thats typical of UbiSoft, its easier for them to ignore the problem.

Dwiz_VS
02-25-2005, 04:38 AM
Good point well made icevampyre

Hazeel-VS
02-25-2005, 05:20 AM
As a still active member of the VS player community I would like to respond to this.

This meeting - will it take place in a normal chat channel in the EQ world? If so, inviting only the guild leaders of the about 5 surviving guilds on Venril seems a bit narrow.

I would like to see at least 3 representatives of each guild, to participate or at least listen in on the discussion.

As a matter of fact, issues as serious as these do concern the entire player community - it would be a lot more respectful if the discussion went on in an ingame chat channel where only guild leader/officer and the moderating GM get voice.

If any plans for a server merger do exist, the faster they get done the better it may be. holding it off may see the definitive end for EQ on ubi servers.

Management is management - and one thing they usually do quite well is making a balance of income and operating cost. I am quite confident most companies drop a product when the cost exceeds the income without any reasonable timeline of possible recovery.

EQ is a mature game, it's been around for a while. For a new player there is little to be experienced except a solo career until at least 60+
It will be rather hard to lure new players to the game, especially when there are new alternatives around where you can start on an equal base with many others that are new to the game.
You'll need to have some serious marketing experts to get any, let alone a large volume of new people to the game. In the games industry player to player recommendations outweigh a fancy million dollar advertisement campaign and tv ad. At least for most European players. Right now you maybe get a few hundred people to try the game for 30 days, finding out they are all alone most of the time and quit right after the free 30 days.

Over the last 6 months we've seen about 40-50% (rough guess) of the server population disappear. Most guilds were forced to either fold or merge with other guild(s) to survive.

For guilds recruitment, NOBODY is willing anymore to do a cross-server transfer to an ubi server, because they know it is a server of no return, and the player base is shrinking rather fast.

As a member of a guild I've seen us go from one of the top guilds to the point where we have to close down. More than half of our players quit or moved to the competition's game over the last 3 months.

Which in turn creates a snowball effect, My friends aren't playing anymore, so there's no reason for me to log on is a common remark I hear. It is nearly impossible to find pickup groups, both for newer players and veterans. This seems to be a very frequent feeling lately among a majority of players.

We see people dropping out by the handful each week. If Ubi decides to postpone any action for several months, it might be way too late.
I am sure that the refusal to let use move back to Sony servers is from a financial perspective, Ubi knowing very well they will lose ALL of their playerbase back to Sony, despite the better CS and more frequent GM events I came to love on the Venril Sathir server, when allowed to do so.

Merging in the handful of Sebilis players will NOT remedy the situation.

Personally I am not in favor of overcrowded servers either, I dislike racing for every target. But that is just a personal opinion.
However, not being able to assemble a raid force due to not enough people is worse than having to race for a target.

Some figures of the past week:
Traders in bazaar (peak time 9PM cet): 65
Traders in bazaar (late night): 24
People in POK (peak time 9PM cet): 11
People in POK (late night): 4
People L65+ LFG 1 PM: 3
People L65+ LFG 4PM: 3
People L65+ LFG 9 PM: 7
People L65+ LFG 1 AM: 2
People L65+ LFG 4 AM: 0

Warriors above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 16
Clerics above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 23
Wizards above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 12
Mages above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 7
Shamen above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 26
Enchanters above L65 online (peak time 9PM cet): 16

I know this is just a snapshot, but this could have been any given day. The time chosen is right in the middle of european raiding time, so it gives a little example how bad it is at most times.

How many people are there still active on Sebilis server? 30? 50? 100?

Also don't forget that most people on VS have, per physical person, 2-5 accounts active. Ubi not bothered by that I bet, it's all income, but if we would take all the twinks/bots out of the numbers it would be a depressing low number of active people imho.

I've been on this server since the day it went live and I saw its rise and fall. If no action is taken my bet is you can pull the plug in 6 months. Saves some on the electricity bill.

Regards,

Arch Mage Hazeel
<Mortalis>
Another great guild on its death bed due to population decline.

Morgzorg
02-25-2005, 05:27 AM
you wanna know what the majority wants ?
just check how many accounts will be close in the next weeks...

Amberle Elessedil
02-25-2005, 06:04 AM
To answer your question Hazeel, there is roughly 120 / 150 active players on Sebilis on peak hours (9 /11PM) and it is still decreasing days after days...
Yesterday, for example, we had 15 clerics online on the server (lvl 1 to 70) at 9PM, including bazaar alts.
As stated by Bouk and Xeni, Sebilis situation is critical, and I'm looking forward the GM/Guildleaders meeting next week to find quick solutions, otherwise Sebilis will be dead pretty soon.

GM-Erdrix
02-25-2005, 06:46 AM
First, I can easily say that 80% of the EQ population is guilded and summoning the leaders seems to be the way to get in touch with as many people as possible without having 300 players in a channel trying to talk at the same time; you are all assuming this is a Uber guild meeting, it is not. If you are a guild leader send me a mail and I will add you to the list. If you are in a guild and your guild leader or officers are not interested, propose yourself to go and ask them to send me a mail on your behalf.

Second, you may not be happy and you may disagree but you will remain civil on these forums. You may not think we deserve some civilised responses but you will make an effort to do so or you will be deleted/edited. It is not our goal to control your opinions and you are free to voice them in a peaceful manner.

Meemers
02-25-2005, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Competition for mobs is a sign of a healthy server - yet none of the 4 guild leaders would want more competition that merging of servers would bring - yet you are going to ask these leaders for an unbiased assessment of the server- lets look at their recruitment <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't talk for the other 3 guilds, but that statement above doesn't hold true for me.

Increasing competition and numbers is definately supported by Tide. Wouldn't surprise me if the others agree too - its vital to ensure the medium and longterm future of the server.

Meemers <Tide>

Corwinshammy
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Maybe if UBI could actively promote EQ again , myself and many other I know joined EQ cos of the PCgamer free trial.

You can't buy EQ in any shops near where I am , so advertise the game , promote in shops , we all know thats it not the original cost that makes the money , but the subsciption fees.

So offer the platinum pack , send it so retailers for a low cost , get the customers logging on and we all know they will have fun and get addicted and play the game.

EQ is invlisible in the UK , no high street shops sell it, so no wonder why we dont have new people coming in.

renaden
02-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Pretty much every VS 'native' I know started playing via the free trial you offered on pcgamer, including myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
It's surely worth a try, if a bunch of people had a go at it at the same time, they'd hang around im sure.

Vtallbloke
02-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Well am sat in PoK atm, and its 21:10 gmt.

/who all 60 70 lfg = 4 incl me.
/who all lfg = 9

This is a friday nite, and yes some of the guilds are raiding, but what are the non guilded or non raiding guilds sposed to do for groups or xp?
As people have already posted VS was never great for population, but jesus this is getting ridiculous. WTF we paying the people for, to sit around scratching their heads with pencil?
Come on UBI get it together, before you loose even more people. Or perhaps thats the idea?

Pumkinturner

Davias
02-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Dare i say it, but if Ubi was to get some new apps to game via marketing, I think this time around, especially with the competition in the market, it might bode much better that some kind of new buddying scheme was put in place.

Maybe by giving up like 1-2hr of your time to a new player could give you some kind of reward or sommat like that. Everquest is a pretty confusing world when you get started.

Also if we do lead to a merger with Sebillis, it would be very beneficial for someone to draw up a basic translation table.

For instance;

Complete Heal = complet guérissez
Group = groupe
or
My DI is DOWN! I need a new one! = Mon DI est vers le bas, j'a besoin d'un neuf

boukk-seb
02-26-2005, 12:59 AM
omg,seems u doing like ubi and using automatic translator P.
Complete heal: guerison complete
My di is down i need new one: Mon ID est partie, j en ai besoin d une nouvelle.

but anyway we still using english term, and most people on sebilis know english,so it wont be a problem,our oow is still in english too and god was in english till recently.

hyrsys
02-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Amberlee, Where do you find 120 / 150 peeps on sebilis please ?

AT : 15 peeps
améthyste : 35 peep
your guilde (AN) : 35 peep
casual : 30 peep

So 120 peep max on sebilis. We must count regular player and they are lesser than 100 by day. Of course, we have not to consider dual box.

Hyrsys

Vvengeance
02-27-2005, 04:12 AM
ahhh, saw something about distribution!
no expansion after LDoN is available in the netherlands as boxed set. main store "Free Record Shop" does not sell it, neither do any other electronics stores i know. EQ2 is not distributed either (also distributed by Ubisoft in europe i believe, could be wrong)

all in all your distribution/name making is horrendous at best (non existant a better word)

Conanette
02-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Getting an agreement with SOE so that Ubi customers can subscribe to the Station Access would be an advantage for several people I know, who have inactive EQ accounts but active EQ2 accounts.

Jyllian Dimoonstone
03-03-2005, 02:00 AM
pfff should let the people who havent logged on vs for a year leave imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. they surely wont come back.

Me i started over on karana over a year ago. And am quite happy with the results.

Goes back to his level 70 cleric with 500 aa's on merry karana.

Lanthorny
03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
When eq2 and WoW came out .. and my guild on a soe server looked like it was about to die .. i came and sat and looked at VS .. i sat in pok and counted numbers, i went to bazaar and looked at number of traders and prices, and availability of higher value "rarer" tradeskill items. I did this for 2 weeks at various times. I also looked at the number of people lfg - of all levels - i researched who the main raiding guilds and checked where they were at raid times, and how many people they had on. I even made contact with several in advance of me moving to the server....

I am glad i stayed where i was .. on Luclin.

Jaevlig
03-05-2005, 08:56 PM
The problem is the drop in players and how to solve this.

First of all its quite clear that EQ will never again have the massive ammount of players it once had due to the competition of quite a few other online games in the same category as EQ.

Ubisoft will not let ppl move back to SoE servers for some reason unknown to me (and quite a few others it seems).

I am one of those that totally lost the interest in EQ when EQ2 was launched and resulted in a massive loss of players. It hit the guild I had spent building for over a year really hard (Nordlys) So hard that the only options was to either merge or to fold. Merge was not at all desired but it was something that was needed to be done to be able to let some of the Nordlys spirit live on.

So here is my suggestion on what might could be considered as an approach to helping the population grow a bit:

Why not open for a movelog from all servers to VS, and give all the players moving over a limited time to get the feel of the server and to check out if it is a place they would like to stay. Give these "new" transfers the option of moving back to their server of origin after their limited "trial" of VS is over, or stay here like the rest of us.
This will not affect the base of players you already have, as we are not allowed to move to SoE anyways, but I hope this might help the population grow a bit.
On the VS boards there have been a few people asking and checking out VS for a possible transfer, and hopefully for us there are a few more Euro players that would like to check out VS.

I am fully aware that this might be an option that will take quite a bit of work to get done, but as I see it, one either work hard to keep the server alive or Ubi can just wrap it up now.

And lastly I challenge ALL the good people of VS to come up with some good ideas as how to make VS grow a bit. It seems to me that it would be far more productive to HELP Ubi keep VS alive then to just come up with trash directed at Ubi/SoE

Mercie-onyou
03-06-2005, 02:27 PM
For some of us with out a guild and find the game very daunting can we see the logs for this meeting of guild leader or will that be kept secret from us ?

Mr.Pin
03-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Ubisoft needs to counteract the negative impact of not being able to move back to SoE servers once players transfer to ubi servers.

Doubling experience and drop rates on ubi servers would be an easy solution to the problem although it may not be in ubi's power to change it.

If they do not have the ability to make that kind of change then they must consider removing the transfer blockade to SoE servers.

The main problem is there is no incentive to come to ubi servers from SoE servers theres actually a negative incentive to transfer to ubi.

Who would come to ubi when players can stay on with SoE and move between all other SoE servers.

Ubi is at a disadvantage and trying to maintain ubi servers against SoE with that disadvantage in place and no bonus incentive is going to bury them.

Even if they remove the no transfer to SoE rule then all ubi would have managed to do is put themselves on equal footing with SoE servers which are themselves suffering population loss.

Its in ubi's best interest to not only maintain their populations but to increase them as well. In order to do that ubi must create an incentive that SoE servers lack, one which is beneficial enough to draw players from SoE to ubi.

VS is my server and I have no intention of moving until ubi decides it would be more cost effective to let the population dwindle and close up shop.

However unlike most people I believe when ubi does decide to throw in the towel SoE will step in to recover their servers and the accounts tied to those servers.

Whether this in fact happens or not is up to time to tell.

Hoheyd
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi and greetings from Kael Drakkal!
We on kael Drakkal, the German Server, have nearly all the same problems as you on VS.
But we have an additional problem: We dont have DoN until today, and there is no schedule, when we will get it. Even the GMs dot have any informations, or maybe, they are not allowed, to speak about it...
Greetings
Plainswalker Hoheyd Thunderwind
70 Ranger/Karana
my Stuff! (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=436310)
Master of Tracking (300)

xeny
03-11-2005, 02:18 AM
for us on sebilis gm say don come with the next patch but when the next patch income
and the gm say majority of the german server dont want move on vs or dont want any fusion )
for sebilis gm want try a marketing solution ) but i am pretty sure that cannot help high level guild ( perhaps a hybrid solution can be done move for high level and all that want stay can stay)

Seffrid
03-16-2005, 03:59 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I fear you may lose most of your customers anyway.

The fact is that Ubisoft simply hasn't cut it with most players. The final straw for many is the inability to get the All Access Pass and add SWG and EQ2 into the package at a reasonable subscription level.

Elysarin
03-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I dont see how giving costumers away to SOE would benefit UBI ?

Harebelly
03-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Basicly its just wrong to try to hook any new players to any of the UÓžbisoft servers isn`t it ?

Its morally wrong towards the new players, who actually still could find some pretty nice EQ gamin out there , lets say for example in new SoEs Europran server.

And its wrong towards the fine game it self, since this "EQloft" and "Ubiquest" just is a unfortunate stain / pain in the bottom, for otherwise still very active massive multiplayer game...
This Ubisoft fiasko is very bad publicity to Everquest and best for the game would be these boards / servers would just disappear.

There is a new healthy european server under SoEs hosting, and Im sure starting new characters in there for you all true Everquest fans, would benefit that server greatly.

If you do it, would recommend to start new SoE accounts...

When it comes down to Ubisofts failures to work with SoE, cant really blame GMs or players, but would be nice if you wouldnt mix your selves so totally in with it dear GMs...kinda creates pretty desperate images.

There wouls be great win / win solutions out there, pretty easy to achieve, just need to decide WHAT youre negotiatin of.

Of the hat , a win / win :

1) Give out all Ubi accounts and the account billing back to SoE for free.( we would be great addition to their player base if you want health server SoE)

2) Ubisoft is a market leader in Europe for these "Bluebox" games..wich are those little out dated cheap games you can find in markets...

That is what Ubisoft knows well, that could be its strenght and help to The Everquest.

Create good solid "_Ubisoft exclusive" retail for EQ with some solid free gamin time...In a change for givin back SoE your old player base, negotiate yourself a big cut of this "bluebox" retail in Europe and get all the new customers billing to yourself (via this release, easy to handle this all you know when it comes out with new release), to yourself , but in SoEs server.

3) When this all done , would be a smart move to also offer free /movelog from old SoE server to Kael and Sebilis to retain the French and German specials.

Anyways, get a consult if you cant see any of the opportinities out there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Harebelly
03-18-2005, 12:00 PM
lets pump it

Athlantia
03-18-2005, 06:04 PM
UBi need to let go IMO!!~ Killing our gaming experience just to screw us over a little extra cashhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif(

Okumba
03-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi,

i am from the german server as well... just started a cry for help thread at the SOE boards, if you want to join it...

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=TNZ&message.id=164635

(thread was closed)

dragoon5237
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
ok, im in the States and when i started my ranger i was currently working 2nd shift, ho home wake up and raid in the AM here, now i moved to a first shift job and now when i play there is no one on cause the rest of europe is off sleeping, so is ubi telling me i'm ****ed? all that time to get my char to 70 to have it all blown away cause of a few arrogant europeans? this has nothing to do with the server merges, i just want to get on a server where everyone else plays at the same time as me, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP I WISH TO KNOW IF IM ****ED

GM-Erdrix
04-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Unfortunately, if you are on VS you cannot move back to a SOE server; this is how it is. This is something that was agreed a long time ago between Ubisoft and SOE and neither entities are inclined to change this decision at the moment.

Thank you.

boukk
04-29-2005, 09:14 AM
yep,european > you
Too bad ,go cry more plz.

dragoon5237
04-29-2005, 09:41 AM
hey frenchy *low me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xeny
04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
no move back to soe until ubi can get more euro from us ) lol

dragoon5237
04-29-2005, 12:31 PM
god ****it Ubisoft you Winston Churchill euro trash french fried f*gots! go eat some frog legs and shave your armpits you smelly piece of trash, ill show you where to shove your big ben and eifiel tower you sissies! wait till world war three when were nuking the middle east, well be sure to send a nuke to come drop on your precious pretzel factory you saurkraut bratwurst eating fools!! well see how hard london bridge falls this time round.

Love,
Justin
The Redcoats are dead!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Charpet_Berns
04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Isnt it about time That the Ubi managers went cap in hand back to the discussion table with SoE and at least made an effort to sort this out. If Ubi's motivation is making money then surely they are losing revenue everyday with all the people leaving. In 6 short months VS has lost 4 Top PoTime raiding guilds due to diminishing population.

/Mourn MTS
/Mourn Amenta
/Mourn Mortalis
/Mourn Dawnraiders ( Still officially exist but no longer raiding )

and many other smaller upcoming guilds along the way have been absorbed/poached to maintain the numbers in the higher guilds.

With the introduction of EQ2, WoW, CoH etc how do ever think you are gonna attract new players to a game that is 6 years old and requires the new players to purchase/register 9 expansions and then on top of this pay a monthly subscription.

Marketing is a joke, the average gamer may have heard of everquest back in its hayday but in the 5 years i have been playing this game i have yet to find a high street store that has EQ or any of its expansions on the shelves, and now that EQ2 has reared its ugly head how do you propose to attract players to its predecessor, Its like saying " here buy this 6 year old playstation 1 and all this extra stuff you need to make it up to date, instead of this playstation 2".

SoE really screwed up by releasing EQ2 under that name, it should have remained a completely seperate entity with a different name or it should have been developed so that EQ1 and EQ2 could run along side each other and provide interaction between the 2 games.

And to rub salt in the wounds even more we are spammed everyday we log in to sign up for an extra year to receive a veterans award, when most of the active population probably doesnt think there will be a VS or any European servers in 12 months time, The best Veterans reward you could offer us in gratitude of our continued loyality to this game is ensure us of a future, and if the only way to do this is to reopen negotiations with SoE then you MUST do this for the sake of your Customers, because afterall the first rule of business is "The customer is always right" and if you lose your customers you lose your business.

/rant off

dragoon5237
04-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Bravo Charpet!!!!!

Amberle Elessedil
05-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Dear Erdrix,

There is something you (and the other remaining GMs) seem to be willingly ignoring for several months : whatever merge you decide between the euro servers, you will never get a healthy population back and we, customers, will never be able to find satisfying gaming conditions.
As stated by Charpet above, you need to listen to all the voices asking you for some real solutions, and this can only mean negociations with SoE to let us go.
This merge between two dying servers will give you a small breath before the same problems reoccuring in a very few weeks, and then, what will you do ? A forced merge for KD?
Enough with this point of a contract that has been violated by all means on the language specific servers (no translation of the latest expansions, servers being patched months after US servers or VS...), it is time for action or you will soon host ghost servers.

annebyrne
05-05-2005, 03:06 AM
I left EQ in Nov 2004 after 3 years but it saddens me to see how these servers are struggling now and something should be done.
Probably a silly suggestion but has anyone thought of taking a legal stance? the details on the box offer us to join more than 300,000 other players on line. Well thats what VS wants to join them ..on SOE servers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif maybe the community as a whole could do something, like I say probably a silly suggestion do we have any lawyers playing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif