PDA

View Full Version : Rudder help

Scolar
05-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Not sure if this is a joystick issue or a game issue but lately when I twist the stick to use the rudder and then release the rudder on the plane stays in the position it went to. It does not reset to neutral. I use a Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X and have cleaned the twist function so it is not a hardware fault.
Is there an IL2 control setting that has forced the rudder to act as rudder trim? I have made sure that all axis and buttons are correctly set and the twist funtion is set for rudder in the HOTAS section.
The only other thing I can think of is that the buttons for trim and the twist stick have been swapped on the joystick itself but I cannot swap these back using the mapping button on the stick itself.

If anyone has this ruddy awful joystick can you give me a hand this is really p*ssing me off!

p-11.cAce
05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Be sure and check in "Input" "hardware" that the rudder is responding properly. If the green box and red box are not returning to center its a hardware issue. Sometimes I have issues with my saitek reversing the twist input - exiting the game and restarting it corrects it though.

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
You may have accidentally assigned the twist to rudder trim, go into the controls page, scroll down to the HOTAS section and reassign the twist to Rudder.