PDA

View Full Version : V.4.02m spins - what's the scoop?

msalama
11-27-2005, 03:56 AM
I remember hearing some complaints about the current spin modelling a while back, i.e. recovering from spins being far too easy now.

I thus fired up the QMB and tested various Allied planes with an altitude of 25000 ft. or so, and didn't notice any overt easiness in recovering from spins using the standard technique (i.e. power to 0, stick fully forward & rudder against the spin direction). All AC tested (minus the P-39N-1) DID sort the thing out, but it took several revolutions for them to do it, recovery thus being by no means instant or straightforward.

But what's your opinion? Unrealistic or not, and why?

Bremspropeller
11-27-2005, 06:47 AM
I second that.

VW-IceFire
11-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Don't spin a P-39 under about 2500m as you'll never pull out. Bail if you can.

Seems realistic for most planes. I did manage to spin a P-38 which I don't think was part of its flight characteristics but I managed to pull it out quickly. Also I'm not sure if the Ta-152H still spins in this patch as it was reported not to have any spin qualities...it quickly nosed down with no fuss if I remember correctly from the notes on this plane.

danjama
11-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm, i can tell you this

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif Do not spin a Focke Wulf under 1500m, and do not spin it under 2500m with damaged wings.