PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be back!!!

Avid_
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Well kids it's been about 6 or 8 months since I have had a chance to sit down at the ole CPU, jump into Hyper Lobby and do a little flying. Things got really busy at my little video production shop and I just didn't have the time. I was to busy cutting together corporate trade show videos with lot's of voice over that was just chocked full of corporate buzz terms like "Good value proposition" and "A positive proof point" So, if any of you happen to be corporate marketing animals please just stop!! Those little buzz terms are just stupid. Oh and if you ever use the term "Let's go after the low hanging fruit first" you should have you appendix removed with a warm spoon...without the benefit of anesthesia!!

But I digress... I do have to say that I completely forgot how fun this game was. Having flown a few COOPs and in a few dogfight servers over the last few days I am once again having the time of my life. I do like the new flight model as well. I find it much easier as the aircraft are a bit more realistic, not that I have ever flown a WW2 fighter but I have flow a few Cessnas and Pipers. I have to pay more attention to trim which is an added level of fun. I also find that it is easier to setup a landing. Once I have the plane trimmed out I can use subtle changes in power to keep on the glide slope. Hat's off to Oleg and the crew for keeping this game new and refreshing.

As for the forums, well I am glad to see that nothing has changed here. A quick glance through and I can see that all the planes suck in one way or the other, the 50 cals. are porked, the LA7 is uber, the German aircraft are either porked or uber depending on the post you read. Yep!! it's just like it always was, and just the way I like it.

Well, enough babbling on. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm at having a chance to get back in the saddle for a bit. If you see me in a COOP or on a server say hi!. And please, don't blast me out of the air to fast...I am a bit rusty.

See ya in the air,

Avid

Avid_
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Well kids it's been about 6 or 8 months since I have had a chance to sit down at the ole CPU, jump into Hyper Lobby and do a little flying. Things got really busy at my little video production shop and I just didn't have the time. I was to busy cutting together corporate trade show videos with lot's of voice over that was just chocked full of corporate buzz terms like "Good value proposition" and "A positive proof point" So, if any of you happen to be corporate marketing animals please just stop!! Those little buzz terms are just stupid. Oh and if you ever use the term "Let's go after the low hanging fruit first" you should have you appendix removed with a warm spoon...without the benefit of anesthesia!!

But I digress... I do have to say that I completely forgot how fun this game was. Having flown a few COOPs and in a few dogfight servers over the last few days I am once again having the time of my life. I do like the new flight model as well. I find it much easier as the aircraft are a bit more realistic, not that I have ever flown a WW2 fighter but I have flow a few Cessnas and Pipers. I have to pay more attention to trim which is an added level of fun. I also find that it is easier to setup a landing. Once I have the plane trimmed out I can use subtle changes in power to keep on the glide slope. Hat's off to Oleg and the crew for keeping this game new and refreshing.

As for the forums, well I am glad to see that nothing has changed here. A quick glance through and I can see that all the planes suck in one way or the other, the 50 cals. are porked, the LA7 is uber, the German aircraft are either porked or uber depending on the post you read. Yep!! it's just like it always was, and just the way I like it.

Well, enough babbling on. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm at having a chance to get back in the saddle for a bit. If you see me in a COOP or on a server say hi!. And please, don't blast me out of the air to fast...I am a bit rusty.

See ya in the air,

Avid

danjama
12-18-2005, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avid_:

See ya in the air,

Avid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Spot On! Welcome back matey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pirschjaeger
12-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Try business in China. Thanks to the lack of English speakers you don't get those annoying "corporate buzz phrases". But, ay the end of every meeting you'll see thumbs in the air, big smiles, and hear "successful cooperation" or "we're a good team" or "blah, blah, blah". One in ten "proposed cooperations" are honest and realistic.

My thoughts : Toss the flowers and show me the money. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It is nice to come back to the game after a few months break. It's a little frustrating that you'll know what you need to do whyen flying but can't quite make it happen. But I found each time I stop playing for a while and two weeks after I start flying again, I'm better than ever.

GD is my addiction though.

Fritz

Avid_
12-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Ahhh yes China... I just cut a project last month with some footage that came to me from China. Is there anyone in that country that knows how to use a professional video camera?? And I won't even go into the issues with lighting. They were however nice enough to subtitle it in English for me. Only the down side is that they subtitled in white text over a guy that was wearing a white shirt. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of subtitling. Good thing this was an hourly job as I had to recreate all the subs.

Maybe I should move to China and teach production to upstart camera ops and editors :-)

Avid

jds1978
12-19-2005, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Avid_ Posted Mon December 19 2005 13:00
Ahhh yes China... I just cut a project last month with some footage that came to me from China. Is there anyone in that country that knows how to use a professional video camera?? And I won't even go into the issues with lighting. They were however nice enough to subtitle it in English for me. Only the down side is that they subtitled in white text over a guy that was wearing a white shirt. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of subtitling. Good thing this was an hourly job as I had to recreate all the subs.

Maybe I should move to China and teach production to upstart camera ops and editors :-)

Avid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, last week i went down to the Detroit Institute of Arts to watch a Samurai epic "Sword of Doom"....good movie but 50% of the subtitles were invisible due to poor choice of subtitile coloring (B&W movie w/ white subtitles=HUH!?!)...thank God the dialogue was secondary to uber violent Samurai battles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif