PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 3 on PC

crni20zd
06-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Far Cry 3 really looks good on consoles and i m glad for that, but i m afraid about PC version of game we know that many developers allways put pc version behind and focus on consoles i hope that this will not be with FC3.
I would like to see beautiful game with good optimization with all benefits witch PC can bring (like DX11,multisampling...) and not just another port.

Negrumir
06-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm fairly certain the demo they showed was on a PC, they just used a 360 controller to play it with.

The_Interceptor
06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Consoles are the primary focus nowadays. That's where the money's at.

Most often the developpers lie about the PC being the main development platform (ex: Crysis 2).

BLaZiNgSPEED
06-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Interceptor:

Most often the developpers lie about the PC being the main development platform (ex: Crysis 2).
This is not true for most of the times. Crysis 2 is an exception.
Have you played METRO 2033? This game is also available on Xbox 360 but supports DX11 and Nvidia Advanced PhysX and it looks absolutely stunning.

So much effort has been put into developing this game. That despite no multiplayer in it, they still focused very hard on the PC version.

Game companies need to support PC gaming. For one other reason, Nvidia and AMD will be urging game developers to implement DX 11/Nvidia Physics, etc features to the game. Otherwise Nvidia and AMD will be losing out.

No body is going to buy their graphics cards if games do not support DX 11.
I am highly optimistic that Far Cry 3 will support DX 11.

Crysis 2 was pure exceptional, talk about a game that doesn't even support DX 10!

Also in Far Cry 2 you can manually save. While in Crysis 2 it saves in check points only. This is another proof to show that FC2 was not just ported on the PC, but there was more care in development for it.

I don't believe Far Cry 3 will be any different. If Ubisoft have to copy what Crytek do by giving us a daft console port, it will be against the interest of ubisoft! Just look at those terrible sales of Crysis 2. This game isn't even popular amongst console gamers, let alone the PC gamers.

Also Battlefield 3 will not be a console port. It will support the latest frostbyte 2.0 engine which is for PC only. Then it will have 64 player multiplayer support. While consoles will support only 24 players.

Why? Because first person shooters are a weakness on consoles, it requires keyboard and mouse to play them properly.
Plus lets not forget that Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC has sold over 3 million copies worldwide since launch! They've beaten the sales of the PS3 version.

This figure only encouraged EAs DICE to give more support this time for BF3 PC.

So if Ubisoft choose to neglect the PC Community, they will lose out, more than us PC Gamers!

I am a loyal fan of Ubisoft PC games since 2003! Always been a 100% PC Gamerhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I wouldn't have been here if Ubisoft had disappointed us. The only thing Ubisoft disappointed me was the implementation of the new permanent DRM Internet Connection to play their games! But I was never disappointed from their PC Games! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

crni20zd
06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I have good experience from Ubisoft on PC versions of their games i just hope they will continue their effort in PC gaming. There is a lot games that are focused on consoles and they look really good on PC but still they not use all power of PCs hardver i would like to see FC3 on ultra settings and with all benefits on DX11 and enjoy in this beautiful environment.

Ilovepho
06-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BLaZiNgSPEED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Interceptor:

Have you played METRO 2033? This game is also available on Xbox 360 but supports DX11 and Nvidia Advanced PhysX and it looks absolutely stunning.

Crysis 2 was pure exceptional, talk about a game that doesn't even support DX 10!

Also in Far Cry 2 you can manually save. While in Crysis 2 it saves in check points only. This is another proof to show that FC2 was not just ported on the PC, but there was more care in development for it.

Also Battlefield 3 will not be a console port. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

As for Crysis 2, I still don't know why Crytek didn't want to support DX11 or even DX10 ?

Witcher 2 is another perfect example of PC game. It's released first on PC and then Project CD port it to 360.

And Rage. Although it's muliplat but it's a PC game. Creative director Tim Willits just said that the full level editor will be available out of the box.

I'm sure FC3 will be a proper PC game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RaZoRFINNISH
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ilovepho:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BLaZiNgSPEED:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Interceptor:

Also Battlefield 3 will not be a console port. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

As for Crysis 2, I still don't know why Crytek didn't want to support DX11 or even DX10 ?

Witcher 2 is another perfect example of PC game. It's released first on PC and then Project CD port it to 360.

And Rage. Although it's muliplat but it's a PC game. Creative director Tim Willits just said that the full level editor will be available out of the box.

I'm sure FC3 will be a proper PC game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C2 will get a DX11 patch, soonish. They just didn't have it ready. No one wants a buggy DX11, right? Also, you know, C2 is getting an (full) editor and a SDK soon.

Rea1SamF1sher
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I think we will be seeing FarCry 3 on PC, but not just as a port because they already built a very good PC engine for FarCry 2 which is in my opinion very good optimized. It looks very good, in my opinion just as good as Crysis, and it runs much more smoother then that game. I will buy that game for PC and since they were working for four years now on FarCry 3, I am very confident that they also worked on the PC title. The engine runs really well on my PC, even better then the AC games (which is a shame, because I want to enjoy a smooth game experience there too).

coopalot
06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I just played Far Cry 2 for the first time on PC after five times on Xbox.

I will never buy another console game again.

LostGunner
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by iGame3D:

I agree with you 100% ( 500% if that were possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ).

Long live the PC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Not the TV's Assistant ( ie: Console )

Ilovepho
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by iGame3D:
I just played Far Cry 2 for the first time on PC after five times on Xbox.

- Better graphics, framerate, control (M/K FTW), Mods ...