PDA

View Full Version : AR234 Level Bombing

Stargazer_RobW
01-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Having received useful help here ragrding getting my PE2 bombing up to scratch, I'm back with yet another question.

I'm trying to figure out (mostly) accurate level bombing with the AR234 and was wondering if anyone had a table or chart with altitudes and speeds and so forth.

I've tried it with the B25 one but it's damned hard to keep a jet bomber going that slow and keeping at altitude at the same time.

Any links, or advice greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Stargazer_RobW
01-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Having received useful help here ragrding getting my PE2 bombing up to scratch, I'm back with yet another question.

I'm trying to figure out (mostly) accurate level bombing with the AR234 and was wondering if anyone had a table or chart with altitudes and speeds and so forth.

I've tried it with the B25 one but it's damned hard to keep a jet bomber going that slow and keeping at altitude at the same time.

Any links, or advice greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance,

Rob.

MEGILE
01-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Check your controls for level stabilizer... makes a hell of a difference.

Stargazer_RobW
01-27-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm using the stabliser but of course at low speeds it can't maintain perfect altitude.

Also with the Arado being a jet bomber, the idea is to be going faster to keep out the way of enemy fighters so reducing to a crawl kind of defeats the object.

Now that's just my opinion. I might have com pletely misunderstood the point but it just seems logical to have a faster plane with faster bombing speeds.

I've done a lot of trial and error and it took me close to 45mins to get the bombs somewhat in the area I was hoping for but I dread to think about working out for other altitudes/speeds.

Is there a formula to use for aircraft where the bombsight doesn't tell you what you need. I've been spoilt by the PE2.

Stargazer_RobW
01-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Oops...

I almost forgot, I was supplied with the bombsight table thing that runs as a program.

Just done a test bomb run and hit the target perfectly.

I'll stop wasting forum space now.

general_kalle
01-27-2007, 08:56 AM
i think the arado displays true airspeed cos of the high tecnology level it is

ive hit a single stationary plane from 2000 meters with 500 kmn/h. with out a chart