PDA

View Full Version : deferent versions of P.F

fordfan25
10-08-2004, 03:36 PM
i think i read some were that thay are going to release two derernt versions of P.F one thats stand alone and one thats some kinda add on for AEP. the resone im asking now is im going to go pre purchese a copy at gamestop today and i need to know wich copy to order if there is two defernt versions. what are the main defernces?

VW-IceFire
10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Same box...two versions. No need to worry.

fordfan25
10-08-2004, 09:19 PM
thanks for the response.ya i got to game stop and slaped my 5 bucks down and he said there was only one version.

BSS_Vidar
10-08-2004, 09:27 PM
And.... you can load them both on the same hard drive and have access to both types of servers on line.

A great fix that makes eveyone happy.

diomedes33
10-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Can someone explain to me why an AEP+PF client can not connect to a Pure-PF server?

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>AEP+PF has all the planes that pure-PF has.
<LI>After patching AEP or fresh install, game versions are the same
<LI>Server dictates planeset
[/list]

I can't think of a reason why it is impossible.

olaleier
10-09-2004, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diomedes33:
Can someone explain to me why an AEP+PF client can not connect to a Pure-PF server?

+ AEP+PF has all the planes that pure-PF has.
+ After patching AEP or fresh install, game versions are the same
+ Server dictates planeset

I can't think of a reason why it is impossible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't think of a place where I heard you couldn't.

Jieitai_Tsunami
10-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Can't it? Have you tried?

diomedes33
10-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I can't remember specifically anytime. But I remember reading a few posts about the concern of having stand-alone vs hybrid versions of the game.

Found this post that says that it they will work together. Didn't come up the first couple times I searched.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=9461042722

MEGILE
10-09-2004, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>AEP+PF has all the planes that pure-PF has <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that is quite right... PF stand-alone will not have the FW190s and BF-109s for example... it will ONLY contain the new Pacific Fighters' planesets as far as I'm aware.
Which would mean that pure-PF users wouldn't be able to play with ACE+PF users who are using ACE specific planes.

Feel free to slap me with a big wet trout if I am wrong.

olaleier
10-09-2004, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>AEP+PF has all the planes that pure-PF has <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that is quite right... PF stand-alone will not have the FW190s and BF-109s for example... it will ONLY contain the new Pacific Fighters' planesets as far as I'm aware.
Which would mean that pure-PF users wouldn't be able to play with ACE+PF users who are using ACE specific planes.

Feel free to slap me with a big wet trout if I am wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*slap!*

You're just reading it wrong, AEP+PF has ALL the planes that PF ONLY has. Of course.

Tully__
10-09-2004, 06:41 PM
I hope it wont be long before there's a "Platinum Pack" available with everything in it. That seems to me the sensible move from both a marketing and community point of view.

fordfan25
10-09-2004, 07:01 PM
that would be a good idea.by the way TULLY i like the sig man.

Tully__
10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
..by the way TULLY i like the sig man. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BSS_Vidar
10-09-2004, 09:50 PM
There are going to be some differences between the two that prevents FB/AEP/PF version load ups from entering a pure PF server. Although maps and plane-sets can be moved from pure PF files to FB/AEP/PF files, it doesn't work the other way. This was done for those that do not want to see German and Russian aircraft zippin' around over Midway.
This makes both the PTO purists and arounder gamers happy. If you explicitly use the add-on version, you won't need a pure server to play on. Why would you?

diomedes33
10-10-2004, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Vidar:
There are going to be some differences between the two that prevents FB/AEP/PF version load ups from entering a pure PF server. Although maps and plane-sets can be moved from pure PF files to FB/AEP/PF files, it doesn't work the other way. This was done for those that do not want to see German and Russian aircraft zippin' around over Midway.
This makes both the PTO purists and arounder gamers happy. If you explicitly use the add-on version, you won't need a pure server to play on. Why would you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand why you would not want german aircraft flying around in the PTO, but my concern was why can't FB/AEP/PF client connect to a pure PF server. Since the server dictates the plane set, how is this different than a FB/AEP/PF server running with only these planes enabled?

I don't have enough room on my hard drive to have both and I wanted to know if I have the option to join a pure PF server. Just in case there were only fantasy planelist servers running or the two main servers I play on right now (Warclouds and Birds of Prey) go to pure PF. Also through out the years of playing this sim, the fanatics have the best servers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

@Megile
I was trying to say
PF Patched client -> Pure PF Server (since PF-Patched has everything that Pure-PF has)
Doesn't work the other way around though
Time to do a little fishing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

@olaleier
Thanks for clarifying that for me.