PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to have SH 3 installed to play Wolves?

Landro
02-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Im the original idiot when it comes to p.c. so i just had to make sure. Do i need to have SH 3 installed to install Wolves.

Thanks alot,

Firestick

Vacillator
02-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, and I believe its for two reasons.

One it won't work without it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif , but also before that the GWX installer looks for SH3 to install over it. That is assuming you mean GWX of course?

Landro
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
alright, thats what i figured,

ive been having trouble downloading my SH 3. It didnt come with an Activation KEY. grr. Before i order another game - is there anywhere you know where i can download SH 3 - i checked file planet. but nothing.

it is "Wolves at hunt the super mod" Cant i download the Wolves DEMO? without have SH 3 installed.

Thanks for the reply,

Firestick

Landro
02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
oops i meant INSTALLING,

not DOWNLOADING. i bouhgt the game "new". but it arrived wiht no Key. thats the first time that ever happened.

Vacillator
02-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Where did you buy it? It should have had an activation key on the box or the paper insert, even if it was a 'budget' version. Perhaps you could get it exchanged for one with a key?

The mod I thought you meant was Grey Wolves, I don't know about a demo of the one you mention but I would think it will also require a working version of SH3. Come to think of it why have a demo for a free download, perhaps I'm missing something here?

FI_Macca44
02-14-2007, 02:59 AM
My SH3 has its cd key printed on the disc itself so that I do not lose it.

Check your original disc.

You need to have SH3 installed and patched up to 1.4b to install Grey Wolves Expansion. If you were talking about SH4- Wolves of the Pacific - then no, you do not have to have SH3 installed, but I'm sure you would love to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Vacillator
02-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for clarifying that Macca, my key is there too (just got home to check).

Landro, did you check on the disc?

geoffwessex
02-14-2007, 07:42 AM
My key was tucked away inside the box, at the back of the part where the disc goes. Sticky label marked "Install Key Code"