PDA

View Full Version : online play with 4.09b1m

mauld
04-05-2008, 04:30 PM
How do you fly on line when all the servers are at 4.08m and i have 4.09b1m

blairgowrie
04-05-2008, 04:39 PM
You have certainly limited yourself by going to 4.09m. There are a couple of servers using 4.09 but the majority are on 4.08m.

You could reinstall the game and patch up to 4.08 or wait a few weeks until 4.09 goes gold.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
You can make a folder on your desktop and put these files from v4.08m into it:

il2_core.dll
il2_corep4.dll
mg_snd.dll
mg_snd_sse.dll
files.sfs

Do the same for 4.09 and you can copy/paste them to switch versions.

steiner562
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Isn't there a swithcher available now?

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, but for me, it couldn't be easier than simply copy/pasting these files.

Bearcat99
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I still dont understand why so many are still running 4.0... True 4.09 is a beta.. but it is a decent beta.. and it has been out for almost a year now believe it or not so .. How come so many are still running 4.08.. or is that only on the DF servers.. BTW Mauld.. feel free to hop into a 99th Coop on HL.. we run 4.09..

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I run whichever version the server I'm flying om is running. Most are still 4.08m

TX-Gunslinger
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I still dont understand why so many are still running 4.0... True 4.09 is a beta.. but it is a decent beta.. and it has been out for almost a year now believe it or not so .. How come so many are still running 4.08.. or is that only on the DF servers.. BTW Mauld.. feel free to hop into a 99th Coop on HL.. we run 4.09..

No Dedicated Server yet.

S~

Gunny

mauld
04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the advice found switcher and went on line at uk ded 3 and got blown to piecies.

Gnomie
04-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi folks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just got the game today (woohoo!!), and I've been reading up on the nuggets' guide and such. I'll get my joystick tomorrow most likely, and I'm planning to not go online for at least a few weeks or so until I get the hang of singleplayer. Question: what kind of stuff does the 4.09 beta actually contain? Would you recommend me to upgrade it now so I can practice offline with it? Do you reckon it will go gold by the time I'll start going online? (in a month or so)

F19_Orheim
04-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by TX-Gunslinger:

No Dedicated Server yet.

S~

Gunny

nope... what's the rush when we don't have a dedicated server out yet for 4.09BETA, nor do we have any new cr@p planes to fly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

crucislancer
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Gnomie:
Hi folks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just got the game today (woohoo!!), and I've been reading up on the nuggets' guide and such. I'll get my joystick tomorrow most likely, and I'm planning to not go online for at least a few weeks or so until I get the hang of singleplayer. Question: what kind of stuff does the 4.09 beta actually contain? Would you recommend me to upgrade it now so I can practice offline with it? Do you reckon it will go gold by the time I'll start going online? (in a month or so)

Awesome!

I recommend patching the game up to 4.08m for the time being, and go to 4.09 later on after you get the swing of it. With some rare exceptions, online play is still 4.08m, and there are only a handful of offline campaigns that use 4.09. I have no idea when it will go final, the beta is about 5 months old.

The switcher is a great idea, very handy, but if you installed the game in a different location then the default folder you will have to edit some files to make it work.

4.09 only has some new maps and objects, and a graphic enhancement (namely visibility distance),and some upgraded default skins for some Russian and German planes. There are no new planes, and there doesn't appear to be any change to the AI, for the most part.

general_kalle
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
not to argue with you bearcat but it is still only about half a year that 4.09beta have been out

im using a Switcher to play both versions.
works fine

muzzlehead
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Any word when 4.09 (non-beta) will be released?

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-30-2008, 08:48 AM
no

Gnomie
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
Awesome!

I recommend patching the game up to 4.08m for the time being, and go to 4.09 later on after you get the swing of it. With some rare exceptions, online play is still 4.08m, and there are only a handful of offline campaigns that use 4.09. I have no idea when it will go final, the beta is about 5 months old.

The switcher is a great idea, very handy, but if you installed the game in a different location then the default folder you will have to edit some files to make it work.

4.09 only has some new maps and objects, and a graphic enhancement (namely visibility distance),and some upgraded default skins for some Russian and German planes. There are no new planes, and there doesn't appear to be any change to the AI, for the most part.
OK, thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Then I'll stick with 4.08 for the time being. My hardware isn't powerful enough to run at increased visibility distance anyway. I was just wondering if there were any significant changes in the game engine (grpahics optimization) or AI or something like that.

Sadly my stick didn't arrive today after all, but it should get here tomorrow. I'll try to study extra hard today so I can take tomorrow off with a clear consciousness. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bearcat99
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TX-Gunslinger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

No Dedicated Server yet.

S~

Gunny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes sense if you are doiong the DF thing..