PDA

View Full Version : B25 Help Please.

knarf1981
12-30-2004, 01:18 PM
How do you take off in this thing. First of all, the thing is always veering to the right after i give it throttle, even with left full rudder. How do you steer it down the center of the runway, how do you get enough speed to take off. I assume the take off speed is around 160mph.

knarf1981
12-30-2004, 01:18 PM
How do you take off in this thing. First of all, the thing is always veering to the right after i give it throttle, even with left full rudder. How do you steer it down the center of the runway, how do you get enough speed to take off. I assume the take off speed is around 160mph.

Slick750
12-30-2004, 01:39 PM
are you sure both engines are working at same RPM, I bind "E" key to select all engines.

Antisubs
12-30-2004, 03:20 PM
As Slick indicated, sounds like you're starting the right engine first, switching to the left and starting it, and then running up just the left engine for takeoff. In the Controls menu there's a choice to select both engines (or ALL engines).

Happens to all of us, and usually at a squad coop in front of everyone.

knarf1981
12-30-2004, 04:25 PM
i do believe thats the problem, i didnt even think about that. oh yeah....what do cowl flaps and radiators do....like radiator open and radiator auto?

JaggedRaven
12-30-2004, 05:28 PM
The radiator, like on you car cools the engine. Air flows past the radiator through engine intakes on inline liquid-cooled engines or through the open cowl and over the engine itself on radial engine aircraft. When air flows into the open intakes or into the cowl it has nowhere to go and basically has a harder time cooling the liquid or cooling the engine. So, when your engine is running a little hot, you can open the "cowl flaps" or open the "radiator ducts" to allow the air to flow into the engine compartment and out of the aircraft to help recycle the cool air. The only down side to activating these is that when they are open they produce drag on the airframe and slow the aircraft down (not much...but noticably). For this reason...keep the radiator and cowl flaps in "closed" position when you need more speed (like on takeoff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif or landing or dogfighting) and "open" when you engine starts to overheat in normal flight.